T Nation

Best Restaurant

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
My favorites:

Vacation dining:
Pipiri Palace, Gustavia, St. Barths.

Nice ambience, unbeatable location, fantastic food, unbelievable desserts and the house vanilla rum is awesome!

Other Locales:
Toronto: Canoe - awesome food and view
Chicago: Giordano’s for pizza
Denver: The Fort - very unique atmosphere and the game sampler is a must eat.
Houston: Bank Jean-Georges in the Hotel Icon. The Whiskey Bar is pretty cool too (the bartender was smoking hot).

Local eats:
Cinque Figlia in Morristown, NJ.
Black Forest Inn, Andover, NJ

Easy on/off highway (I-95)
Macgregor’s in Havre de Grace, MD.
The BEST cream of crab soup you will find.

In honor of the people of New Orleans, my favorite restaurants there:
Commander’s Palace
Brennan’s steakhouse

That will have to do for now. I’m not going to list any NYC restaurants because there are too many.

DB
[/quote]

Damn DB, you pimpin all over the world!

In my local Area

Harrisonburg, Va. - Simple Pleasures

Staunton, Va. - L’talia and Mill Street Grill (tie)

Charlottesville, Va. - Blue Light Grille

La’
Redsol1

Rochester, NY

Nick Tahoes for garbage plates…mmmmmm

On the more expensive side - The Rio Bamba is unbelievable…

There’s a place I love called the canisus Inn (I think thats the spelling) where you can get a prime rib that is like 4-5lbs of solid beef…And its like, really good quality too…only 50 bux a pop! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

[quote]tharren wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:
My favorites:

Vacation dining:
Pipiri Palace, Gustavia, St. Barths.

Nice ambience, unbeatable location, fantastic food, unbelievable desserts and the house vanilla rum is awesome!

Other Locales:
Toronto: Canoe - awesome food and view
Chicago: Giordano’s for pizza
Denver: The Fort - very unique atmosphere and the game sampler is a must eat.
Houston: Bank Jean-Georges in the Hotel Icon. The Whiskey Bar is pretty cool too (the bartender was smoking hot).

Local eats:
Cinque Figlia in Morristown, NJ.
Black Forest Inn, Andover, NJ

Easy on/off highway (I-95)
Macgregor’s in Havre de Grace, MD.
The BEST cream of crab soup you will find.

In honor of the people of New Orleans, my favorite restaurants there:
Commander’s Palace
Brennan’s steakhouse

That will have to do for now. I’m not going to list any NYC restaurants because there are too many.

DB

Damn DB, you pimpin all over the world![/quote]

Just a perk of my job. I’d like to throw in a couple from Germany and London but I can’t remember the names - funny thing about drinking too much.

DB

Akron Ohio:

Mo’s

Papa Joe’s

Ken Stewart’s

Atlanta, GA:

The Atlanta Fish Market

Emeril’s

first off, one of you dildoes, PF Chang’s is a chain

Kansas City: Gates bbq, Arthur Bryant’s bbq

Houston: Fogo de Chao, Churrascos

SF Bay Area: Sam’s cafe in Tiburon, Zach’s pizza in Oakland, Vic Stewart’s in Walnut Creek

those are my favorites … in fact, if it weren’t for those two restaurants in Houston, i would do anything i could to get out of business trips to that disgusting, shitbox, concrete jungle of a city that rainjack probably likes. “well, that and college station! woohoo!”

another note … the worst bbq in KC is better than the best bbq in california. unforkingbelievable. memphis style is good as well. and before any of you texas idiots start spouting, just DO IT. exercise your right as a state to secede from the union … my favorite texas threat that unfortunately never happens. how 'bout them cowboys?

if anyone wants to go in to bbq out here, send $5,000,000 to Bastard F Guy Enterprises

Bastard

final note: texas does not actually have the right to secede any more than any other state. it does have the right to split into as many as 5 states. wtf?

NYC:

Ben Benson’s. I’m old school.

Phila:

Le Bec Fin. Best place in the country for me.

Atlanta:

Canoe (sp)

[quote]Bastard Guy wrote:
first off, one of you dildoes, PF Chang’s is a chain

Kansas City: Gates bbq, Arthur Bryant’s bbq

Houston: Fogo de Chao, Churrascos

SF Bay Area: Sam’s cafe in Tiburon, Zach’s pizza in Oakland, Vic Stewart’s in Walnut Creek

those are my favorites … in fact, if it weren’t for those two restaurants in Houston, i would do anything i could to get out of business trips to that disgusting, shitbox, concrete jungle of a city that rainjack probably likes. “well, that and college station! woohoo!”

another note … the worst bbq in KC is better than the best bbq in california. unforkingbelievable. memphis style is good as well. and before any of you texas idiots start spouting, just DO IT. exercise your right as a state to secede from the union … my favorite texas threat that unfortunately never happens. how 'bout them cowboys?

if anyone wants to go in to bbq out here, send $5,000,000 to Bastard F Guy Enterprises

Bastard

final note: texas does not actually have the right to secede any more than any other state. it does have the right to split into as many as 5 states. wtf?[/quote]

You’re so angry! Why are you so angry? What did Texas ever do to you???

Not to mention that I agree with you wholeheartedly, except for the fact that they’re helping the gulf and doing a great job with it, strangely enough.

[quote]flabtoslab wrote:
In Cincinnati:

Steak: Jeff Ruby’s
they dry age all of their steaks. They practically melt in your mouth.

Dee Felice
A great creole inspired restaurant with a house jazz band.

Larosas
Cincinnati’s best pizza.

Goldstar
Better than Skyline, and I’m talking Cincinnati style chili.

Anchor Grill
A dive, greasy spoon that’s open 24/7. Nothing better after a night of partying.

-While vacationing in D.C.

Cactus Cantina
The freshest food I’ve ever had. Pretty good mexican.

[/quote]

I’ve heard that Camp Washington is the best. Ever had it?

I’ve eaten at the BBQ Revue in Cinci…best ribs!

[quote]graphicsMan wrote:
I live in Davis, CA, which is a small town. But it’s also a college town. We have 6 excellent Thai restaurants. That’s about it.

I love to drive and/or ride my bike 15 miles to Winters, which has The Buckhorn Inn, where you can get amazing steaks, and Chuey’s, which is the best Mexican food I’ve had in northern California.[/quote]

Try the burgers at Plainfield Station between Davis and Woodland. Freakin’ awesome.

Hey, some of the best BBQ I ever had was in Austin Texas at John Mueller’s BBQ.

Auburn, Alabama: Auburn Ale house

Athens, Ga: Taco stand, The Grill, Cookies & Co., Mama Sids, The late Rocky’s pizza, Steverinos

Anchorage Ak: Humpies, Snow Goose, 7 Glaciers

[quote]elevationgain wrote:
You’re so angry! Why are you so angry? What did Texas ever do to you???

Not to mention that I agree with you wholeheartedly, except for the fact that they’re helping the gulf and doing a great job with it, strangely enough.[/quote]

GAINER,

it’s a kc vs. texas bbq rivalry thing worthy of an entirely new thread … and i’m trying to incite rainjack … i haven’t seen him lately.

Bastard

BBQ now there you go. Don’t get me started damm it.

NYC used to be Phillies in Long Island City but he closed down.

Phila (area) Whistler’s Inn in Cinnaminson NJ.

Atlanta area: Duck Walkers in Eljay Ga.
Good BBQ turkey’s on thanksgiving too! and boiled peanuts. What more do you need?

Country: Russleville Ark.(the stand on military post trail rd)

[quote]Bastard Guy wrote:
another note … the worst bbq in KC is better than the best bbq in california. unforkingbelievable…if anyone wants to go in to bbq out here, send $5,000,000 to Bastard F Guy Enterprises

Bastard

[/quote]

No shit. I don’t understand why California has such shitty bbq. Every single place I’ve ever tried sucks major ass!

Honolulu

Fine dining - Indigo
Body Builder food - I love country cafe.

for japanese-style raw fish, Mijori in Oakland.
(take the Grand/Lakeshore exit off the 580).

for brazilian bbq, Amazon in Fullerton.

for persian, Pars is about a mile from LAX.

for dim-sum, East Ocean in Emeryville.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Miller’s Bar in Dearborn, MI. Best cheeseburger you’ll ever eat. I believe they were rated #6 best burger in the US in some magazine, but yeah they’re good.

[quote]Jasongott666 wrote:
Rochester, NY

Nick Tahoes for garbage plates…mmmmmm
[/quote]

I remember those from college!!! Man, 2am Nick Tahoe garbage plates were the best! (Wow, that was 12 years ago now - yikes!)

Is Dribbles still near RIT? They had the best buffalo wings…mmmmmm…

[quote]randman wrote:
Bastard Guy wrote:
another note … the worst bbq in KC is better than the best bbq in california. unforkingbelievable…if anyone wants to go in to bbq out here, send $5,000,000 to Bastard F Guy Enterprises

Bastard

No shit. I don’t understand why California has such shitty bbq. Every single place I’ve ever tried sucks major ass![/quote]

You guys need to try Phils when you get back down to SD… Best I’ve found out here so far. Get the Broham and some fries. Good stuff.