Best Rep Scheme?

I started working out with my father when I was younger. We always did a rep scheme that was like this:
Set 1- 100 lbs x 6 reps
2- 130 x 4
3- 160 x 2

Something like that. Those weights and rep numbers are all hypothetical, of course. I’ve been in a life rut for the last few years, but it’s looking good lately. I have started working out more and more. The other day I decided to try a new scheme and it was insane!
3x5 @ 150

My muscles filled up with blood faster and for a longer period of time. I’ve been having to move this last week, so I haven’t worked out other than moving my weight set and belongings from one place to the other. It’s been 6 or 7 days now and my muslces all still feel way bigger than they did before. What is the mechanism here? Is it just that I was losing out on some intensity doing smaller weights at the beginning?

generally reps in the range of 1-10 will increase strength, reps in the range of ~3 or 4 to 15 or so will increase muscle, and higher reps will increase endurance.

but no matter the rep range, most coaches will tell you that you should reach almost failure at last set, last rep.

oh and of course, specially if you are a beginner, im sure all of them build up everything, just low reps will build mostly strength, medium reps muscle mass, high reps endurance.