Best Protein?

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
That’s too much minutiae for me. They have lots of protein and iron and are delicious. That’s about as far as I’ll get in my analysis of any food.[/quote]

That’s a great approach!

[quote]2busy wrote:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
That’s too much minutiae for me. They have lots of protein and iron and are delicious. That’s about as far as I’ll get in my analysis of any food.[/quote]

That’s a great approach![/quote]

Haha fair enough! I’m just a student so I can’t afford many fun foods if I want to keep up with supplementation as well. Pretty much just meat/potatoes/rice for me. I definitely love beans though… steak, baked beans, and corn is one of my favorite meals.

[quote]2busy wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]2busy wrote:
Beef!!!

Preferably like an entire prime rib roast…[/quote]

Beat me to it: Eggs + Beef + Chicken + Fish[/quote]

How can you beat this???[/quote]

Cannot beat the meat.

… pun intended.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]2busy wrote:
Beef!!!

All of the above but don’t forget beans. I love beans of any variety. Mix them with ground beef and they are a winner. Eat them gold with garlic and spices. There are 14gms of protein in a cup of mixed beans. They are cheap as crap and you never have problems with your ‘digestion’. I bet you never hear people who eat lots of beans buying that ridiculous yogourt with B regularis that ‘balances your digestive tract’. Is that code for they need to shit?

Regarding protein supplements, I use some variety in my oatmeal in the morning for flavour but does anyone really find that it, or any type of supplement has made any noticeable change in their training? I’m curious. Over the years I’ve tried a number of things with no noticeable results.[/quote]

Don’t beans have an incomplete amino acid profile? My understanding is that they need to be mixed with something like brown rice in order to be useful for muscles.
[/quote]

They have lots of protein and iron and are delicious.[/quote]

Do you have shares in a bean farm?

[quote]FarmerBrett wrote:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]2busy wrote:
Beef!!!

All of the above but don’t forget beans. I love beans of any variety. Mix them with ground beef and they are a winner. Eat them gold with garlic and spices. There are 14gms of protein in a cup of mixed beans. They are cheap as crap and you never have problems with your ‘digestion’. I bet you never hear people who eat lots of beans buying that ridiculous yogourt with B regularis that ‘balances your digestive tract’. Is that code for they need to shit?

Regarding protein supplements, I use some variety in my oatmeal in the morning for flavour but does anyone really find that it, or any type of supplement has made any noticeable change in their training? I’m curious. Over the years I’ve tried a number of things with no noticeable results.[/quote]

Don’t beans have an incomplete amino acid profile? My understanding is that they need to be mixed with something like brown rice in order to be useful for muscles.
[/quote]

They have lots of protein and iron and are delicious.[/quote]

Do you have shares in a bean farm? [/quote]

No. But I do get tired of people saying it’s too expensive to eat well and nutritiously. I’m referring to the general population rather than people on this site. Eggs are fairly inexpensive in Canada. Beans are dirt cheap. If you aren’t fussy about your cuts of meat, they can be had without too much expense as well. The problem is that you have to cook and make an effort to prepare these foods.

[quote]roguevampire wrote:

[quote]phatphit wrote:
is there a protein thats best for older lifter??? im 46 yrs old…thanks[/quote]

They have just touched the surface of exposing what I have known for years, age does not exist. aging does not exist. it exists if you allow it to exist. If you give it power in your own mind to exist. Then and only then, will it exist.[/quote]

Well It does exist but how you deal with it is the point. I take it that that’s what you’re saying.

[quote]silee wrote:

[quote]phatphit wrote:

They have just touched the surface of exposing what I have known for years, age does not exist. aging does not exist. it exists if you allow it to exist. If you give it power in your own mind to exist. Then and only then, will it exist.[/quote]

Well It does exist but how you deal with it is the point. I take it that that’s what you’re saying. [/quote]

no, thats not what i meant. I firmly believe we age, cause we have been conditioned through years and years of brainwashing into believing aging is inevitable. maybe its just my refusal to except what i hate. I despise aging. to its very core. and i will never admit its inevitable.

[quote]silee wrote:

[quote]phatphit wrote:

Well It does exist but how you deal with it is the point. I take it that that’s what you’re saying. [/quote]

no, thats not what i meant. I firmly believe we age, cause we have been conditioned through years and years of brainwashing into believing aging is inevitable. maybe its just my refusal to except what i hate. I despise aging. to its very core. and i will never admit its inevitable.[/quote]

^Hahaha I was waiting for this response

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

[quote]silee wrote:

[quote]phatphit wrote:

no, thats not what i meant. I firmly believe we age, cause we have been conditioned through years and years of brainwashing into believing aging is inevitable. maybe its just my refusal to except what i hate. I despise aging. to its very core. and i will never admit its inevitable.[/quote]

^Hahaha I was waiting for this response[/quote]

well then, thou shalt wait no longer