Best Protein Powders

Does anybody have any suggestions about what protein powder is the best?

I and many here are partial to the various proteins sold here

are you looking to gain, maintain, or lose weight??? i love Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey

Metabolic Drive

…where do you think you are, dumbass?

I use EAS. I get it at Sam’s Club for $24.88 for a 6 lb. bag. It’s tasty and mixes well and it’s a good value.

[quote]tmoney1 wrote:
I use EAS. I get it at Sam’s Club for $24.88 for a 6 lb. bag. It’s tasty and mixes well and it’s a good value.[/quote]

I picked up a bag of this the other day but have to take it back because I realized it has a substantial amount of soy protein in it. They used to carry a different brand that had no soy so I didn’t even bother to check. Thank goodness for their lax return policy

[quote]DPHH wrote:
tmoney1 wrote:
I use EAS. I get it at Sam’s Club for $24.88 for a 6 lb. bag. It’s tasty and mixes well and it’s a good value.

I picked up a bag of this the other day but have to take it back because I realized it has a substantial amount of soy protein in it. They used to carry a different brand that had no soy so I didn’t even bother to check. Thank goodness for their lax return policy[/quote]

Is too much soy protein in whey protein bad for you? It didn’t even cross my mind about the soy. Does it hinder the effect of the whey?

The fact of the matter is that the protein includes SOY. Soy is pretty much evil. Did you get that? Soy = evil. If that math equation does not convince you then utilize the search function with “soy” and you will understand.

[quote]Mwschwab wrote:
The fact of the matter is that the protein includes SOY. Soy is pretty much evil. Did you get that? Soy = evil. If that math equation does not convince you then utilize the search function with “soy” and you will understand.[/quote]

Gotcha. Thanks for the info Mwschwab. I was planning on going to Sam’s tomorrow to get some, but I will not be doing so, thanks to this newfound equation you have bestowed upon me. Thanks again.

i use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard and Muscle Milk.

I’ve had the opportunity to get a good behind the scenes look at much of the supplement industry since I’ve been with T-Nation and don’t think there are better products than offerred here. When it comes to proteins, Tim and TC really do spare no expense to produce the best.

Unfortunately, you really do get what you pay for the vast majority of the time. I’ve seen Biotest turn away raw materials that were not up to their standards only to have another supplement company purchase and use them in their own product. I’ve actaully seen this many times.

There are a lot of ways that companies cut corners and play games on their labels, too, none of which are even considered here. Tim and TC would rather lose money by being out-of-stock on a product than deceive customers with inferior product.

Sure, there are cheaper products, and if you’re on a tight budget they might be for you. However, if you want the best, you can’t go wrong with Metabolic Drive.

I love me some chocolate Metabolic Drive! Lately I have really become partial to Grow! Whey, too. It’s really good added to a bowl of oatmeal, the light flavor is just right. A good value, too. :slight_smile:

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
I’ve had the opportunity to get a good behind the scenes look at much of the supplement industry since I’ve been with T-Nation and don’t think there are better products than offerred here. When it comes to proteins, Tim and TC really do spare no expense to produce the best.

Unfortunately, you really do get what you pay for the vast majority of the time. I’ve seen Biotest turn away raw materials that were not up to their standards only to have another supplement company purchase and use them in their own product. I’ve actaully seen this many times.

There are a lot of ways that companies cut corners and play games on their labels, too, none of which are even considered here. Tim and TC would rather lose money by being out-of-stock on a product than deceive customers with inferior product.

Sure, there are cheaper products, and if you’re on a tight budget they might be for you. However, if you want the best, you can’t go wrong with Metabolic Drive.[/quote]

To echo Mod Brian, Tim and I believe that there are plenty of like-minded individuals who want the best stuff, the best bang-for-their-buck. We could easily make low-grade stuff, but we think that at least one company (us!) should continue to make premium quality proteins.

I liken the whole thing to the dog food controversy that’s going on around the country. People who insist on buying the cheap stuff have finally gotten bitten in the butt. The amount of inferior byproducts they’ve gotten from poor-grade feed from China is finally poisoning their animals.

While I doubt that anything like that is in most bargain basement protein powders, it’s a sure bet they’re using low, low, grade ingredients.

Sure I’m bias. Big deal. But Tim and I make stuff we want to use, and we want to use good stuff. Hence Metabolic Drive.

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:

Sure, there are cheaper products, and if you’re on a tight budget they might be for you. However, if you want the best, you can’t go wrong with Metabolic Drive.[/quote]

Word, word, double WORD!!! There is only one other brand of protein as good as Metabolic Drive, but it’s more espensive. I konw this because I have used all that have been mentioned and then some. ON might as well be corn starch. Sorry guys, but it’s only cheap protein, not quality cheap protein.

I like Natures Best Isopure Zero Carb…

I used to be on Cyto Gainer, but it had way too many carbs and fats in it, I would rather get carbs and fats from real foods.

Isopure Zero Carb is good, 50 grams of protein a serving, however, I go with half of a serving, or one scoop at a time so I can absorb it better - I’ve always been told you can only absorb about 25 grams at a time, and about 20% of what you take in… so why waste it? I know a lot of other guys that do the same, they’ll just do one scoop of whatever.

Isopure Zero Carb is expensive but worth it, especially if you want a shake at night before bed but don’t want the carb s and fats - plus, it’s fortified with glutamine which keeps ya’ sore-free!

ON 100% whey is my second favorite though

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
Mod Brian wrote:

Sure, there are cheaper products, and if you’re on a tight budget they might be for you. However, if you want the best, you can’t go wrong with Metabolic Drive.

Word, word, double WORD!!! There is only one other brand of protein as good as Metabolic Drive, but it’s more espensive. I konw this because I have used all that have been mentioned and then some. ON might as well be corn starch. Sorry guys, but it’s only cheap protein, not quality cheap protein.[/quote]

Word to the third power! Metabolic Complete is my staple.

D

[quote]TC wrote:
Mod Brian wrote:

To echo Mod Brian, Tim and I believe that there are plenty of like-minded individuals who want the best stuff, the best bang-for-their-buck. We could easily make low-grade stuff, but we think that at least one company (us!) should continue to make premium quality proteins.

I liken the whole thing to the dog food controversy that’s going on around the country. People who insist on buying the cheap stuff have finally gotten bitten in the butt. The amount of inferior byproducts they’ve gotten from poor-grade feed from China is finally poisoning their animals.

While I doubt that anything like that is in most bargain basement protein powders, it’s a sure bet they’re using low, low, grade ingredients.

Sure I’m bias. Big deal. But Tim and I make stuff we want to use, and we want to use good stuff. Hence Metabolic Drive.
[/quote]

Hey TC, does Biotest plan on making 5 pound containers for Metabolic Drive, or is it just for Grow!?

How do you rate the protein powder?

Taste? As for taste Metabolic Drive and Grow! Whey are the best I have tried so far.

Effects on digestion (bloating,…)? Did not have any problems with any powders I have tried so far. However, I had on average no more than one shake per day until I started the v-diet.

Muscle gain? Do you really notice that much of a difference between powders?

Metabolic Drive is the best tasting protein powder I have ever had. I use Metabolic Drive low carb prebed, and generally will use GROW or 100% whey gold standard in the day. Surge for pre and post workout :slight_smile:

Living in Australia Biotest supplements aren’t the cheapest products. Metabolic Drive costs $75.00 per tub.

I like to use MAX’s day time lean protein cost me $130 for 4kgs.

Though I use Biotest Surge its cost around $88.00 for a 3lb tub which lasts me around 5 weeks.