T Nation

Best Protein and Fish Oil Supps

[quote]ninjaboy wrote:
Cryptology wrote:
any idea how much of this stuff I should be having each day?

the recommended dose for Flameout is 4 pills a day. I like splitting it up into two with breakfast and two with dinner, but it doesn’t really matter. Whey I would use 1 scoop right after working out, and then as shakes throughout the day if you are having trouble getting enough protein. If you get enough protein from real food, you don’t need whey. Also, for post workout, I’d actually use Grow! Whey or Surge, not Metabolic Drive. [/quote]

i personally would use the Grow! Whey pre workout and throw back some Metabolic Drive with some fish oil afterwards. theres a reason why there is casein in Metabolic Drive

[quote]Cryptology wrote:
no creatine?

Thanks for advice so far~[/quote]

Isn’t it a little early to be talking steroids?

Kids these days…

If you have nothing constructive to say, don’t say it in my threads please.

I was just asking, as I am not experienced in supplementation.

Jerks these days…

^^

P.S thanks for the advice everyone else so far~

[quote]ZeusNathan wrote:
i personally would use the Grow! Whey pre workout and throw back some Metabolic Drive with some fish oil afterwards. theres a reason why there is casein in Metabolic Drive
[/quote]
Yeah, I like a solid meal pre-workout, but I can see using Grow. I wouldn’t use Metabolic Drive as a PWO shake because it has casein in it. If you’re looking to get protein into your blood stream and to your muscles as quickly as possible, why would you want to eat something where part of the protein is going to be slow digesting?

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
Cryptology wrote:
no creatine?

Thanks for advice so far~

Isn’t it a little early to be talking steroids?

Kids these days…[/quote]

Agreed, I am 15, have been working out for a couple of months and I have had results. Steroids are for lazy people who want instant results, yet dont want to commit themselves and work hard to get these results.

I take a protein shake each day, but nothing heavy, only 11.5g protein per shake, and thats just cause sometimes I dont eat properly, but im getting better.

[quote]Cryptology wrote:
If you have nothing constructive to say, don’t say it in my threads please.

I was just asking, as I am not experienced in supplementation.

Jerks these days…

^^

P.S thanks for the advice everyone else so far~[/quote]

Oi, your one of them!!

Trying to show off, think ill give you my number?

knob!

[quote]McDaddy wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
Cryptology wrote:
no creatine?

Thanks for advice so far~

Isn’t it a little early to be talking steroids?

Kids these days…

Agreed, I am 15, have been working out for a couple of months and I have had results. Steroids are for lazy people who want instant results, yet dont want to commit themselves and work hard to get these results.

[/quote]

You probably don’t want to be throwing that around here too much. Also the guy you’re quoting was being sarcastic…

[quote]ninjaboy wrote:
ZeusNathan wrote:
i personally would use the Grow! Whey pre workout and throw back some Metabolic Drive with some fish oil afterwards. theres a reason why there is casein in Metabolic Drive

Yeah, I like a solid meal pre-workout, but I can see using Grow. I wouldn’t use Metabolic Drive as a PWO shake because it has casein in it. If you’re looking to get protein into your blood stream and to your muscles as quickly as possible, why would you want to eat something where part of the protein is going to be slow digesting?
[/quote]

cuz i usually finish lifting at 11pm and goto bed an hour or two afterwards.
and dont worry, i heard meta drive has some whey in it also. :slight_smile:

[quote]ZeusNathan wrote:
ninjaboy wrote:
ZeusNathan wrote:
i personally would use the Grow! Whey pre workout and throw back some Metabolic Drive with some fish oil afterwards. theres a reason why there is casein in Metabolic Drive

Yeah, I like a solid meal pre-workout, but I can see using Grow. I wouldn’t use Metabolic Drive as a PWO shake because it has casein in it. If you’re looking to get protein into your blood stream and to your muscles as quickly as possible, why would you want to eat something where part of the protein is going to be slow digesting?

cuz i usually finish lifting at 11pm and goto bed an hour or two afterwards.
and dont worry, i heard meta drive has some whey in it also. :)[/quote]

Ah, see that makes sense. I normally do my workouts around noon. Different people different problem.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
McDaddy wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
Cryptology wrote:
no creatine?

Thanks for advice so far~

Isn’t it a little early to be talking steroids?

Kids these days…

Agreed, I am 15, have been working out for a couple of months and I have had results. Steroids are for lazy people who want instant results, yet dont want to commit themselves and work hard to get these results.

You probably don’t want to be throwing that around here too much. Also the guy you’re quoting was being sarcastic…
[/quote]

No way, man. I was totally being serial. These punks want the easy way out.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
chimera182 wrote:
McDaddy wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
Cryptology wrote:
no creatine?

Thanks for advice so far~

Isn’t it a little early to be talking steroids?

Kids these days…

Agreed, I am 15, have been working out for a couple of months and I have had results. Steroids are for lazy people who want instant results, yet dont want to commit themselves and work hard to get these results.

You probably don’t want to be throwing that around here too much. Also the guy you’re quoting was being sarcastic…

No way, man. I was totally being serial. These punks want the easy way out.[/quote]

I think you’re too serial bro.

[quote]McDaddy wrote:

Agreed, I am 15, have been working out for a couple of months and I have had results. Steroids are for lazy people who want instant results, yet dont want to commit themselves and work hard to get these results.
[/quote]

man…uh…think that way until you’re 25. It’s good to think it that way until you’re 25 really…but uh…keep it to yourself.

Also go to a pharmacy and get some fish oil capsules and a multivitamin, buy some protein powder…forget about most advertising and bullshit there’s out there. 95% of the supplements are never what they claim to be. I have a modest experience with Biotest products and yeah, they are one of the few that make some really good stuff.

I buy my stuff from a supplement store that has a section dedicated to Biotest products. Metabolic Drive is a good protein powder for instance. If you gonna buy some other brand make sure it doesn’t have soy protein. Also don’t read muscle mags or get any advice from shitty sites like BB.com. Just stick around this site and read, read, read when you’re free.

Take it easy little bro, basic stuff is sometimes better that taking a lot of supps and whatnot. Train seriously for a year or so then yeah, start taking some creatine. Also, limit training for 45 minutes or an hour. 3 times a week for now, use compound lifts (Squats, deadlifts, benchpress, pull ups etc etc). Take minimal rest between sets (say 45 seconds), and stick with free weights. Once every 4 weeks change your training routine a little.

Avoid training to failure, that means doing 4 reps instead of 10 for example. Always start sets from a smaller weight to a bigger one. Rule of thumb: 3 sets x 10 for most bodyparts is good. Legs can withstand more stress tough so 6 sets x 8reps is fine. And most importantly, use common sense. You not gonna get huge in a year. But sure as hell you gonna look and feel better if you do the above.

Once every few months, if you not growing, take a week off from training. Also some pigging out say once in a month is ok. and most importantly enjoy life. Don’t make radical changes to your lifestyle, introduce changes slowly. Lifting weights will become something natural like breathing, taking a crap when you wake up…etc :slight_smile: Also, never ever try to impress people by lifting more than you can handle. Proper form with a lighter weight will make your muscles grow bigger and stronger.

Also keep in mind those small weight plates, say 1.25Kgs plates are those that will move you up when you face a plateau. Add weights slowly, then when you harness it, only then add another small weight and continue like that. This is the bread and butter of weight lifting, irrelevant whether you are a beginner or a 300 pounds ripped fella. Stay strong

I saw in another thread that you said you were from the UK.

I found its hard to get the Flameout shipped over to UK & Ireland for cheap.

Personally I get my fish oil from Holland and Barretts. The cheapest I’ve found (but still good in terms of EPA DHA) is the “Extra high strength cod liver oil”.

It’s pure oil not caps but are well worth. 1 table spoon is like having about 6 of those (non-Flameout) caps that you get elsewhere.

I take about 2 table spoons daily.

thank you everyone for the brilliant advice, I am currently training on the Starting Strength for Beginners program, really enjoying my compound lifts.

good advice. Try get 0.8 to 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. Eat more and all you do is piss expensive urine. Also eat carbohydrates man. Sometimes I get the impression that most websites are all about protein. Carbohydrates are the building blocks, protein is the cement, water is the prime carrier. Ah also get simple sugars after workout. say eat a banana and then eat a large serving of old fashioned oatmeal with some milk.

10 minutes later get 40G protein from whatever…protein shake or chicken breast, both do their job nicely. Don’t ever forget to eat dairy products before going to sleep. Say one large cup of whole milk, 2 yogurts and a couple of fish oil capsules. wash with some water and youre good to go to sleep.

I presume you’re trying to gain weight?

Just eat til you’re stuffed, then eat some more.

Make liquid meals to consume between real meals.

One last thing before i’ll go take my rest. Eat between 5 to 7 small meals a day. Also your best anabolic is water during workout. Just sip water when you feel like during workout. Eat 1 hr and a half before working out…something light. Not meat! Say 1/2 a protein shake and small serving of fruit. There are lots of fancy pre workout drinks…out there. You’ll use them later on as time goes by no need for now man. It’s a waste of money for the time being.

Good night for now.

Eat more carrots, too.

wow thanks alot again, I will be using all the advice asap.

p.s

is bicepcraze talking to mcdaddy or me? Either way the advice he posted was useful to everyone hehe.

errr lets just say its for everyone :slight_smile: