Best Prohormones for Strength with Little Weight Gain?

What are good o g prohormones for insanely increasing strength but with little weight gain?

Are there any? Why go this route?

Your question is naively worded which makes me think you know nothing of the question you’re asking. Prohormones are less safe than alternatives and more likely to shut you down.

To increase strength, you must gain muscle. To increase muscle, you must gain weight.

What exactly did you eat the last 3 days? How long have you been training? PR’s? Age?

1 Like

Stupid question.

IMO, we need to know why the OP wants to get stronger without gaining weight.
There are a number of rational reasons. A couple of examples:

• What if the 132lb powerlifter/Olympic lifter wants to get stronger, but remain in the 132’s?
  • What if the OP is a woman. I have been trying to help a fairly small size woman who wants to get stronger, but doesn’t want to get bigger. She is fairly strong for a “beginner”. She can pull a power snatch with 95lbs and parallel squat 245lbs. I’d guess she weighs 125lbs.
2 Likes

@RT_Nomad i am into powerlifting. I would like to get my weight down around 265. Currently 300 pounds. I want my strength to go up. I am currently on meal prep. So someone is cooking my food for me

1 Like

I ate chicken and rice. also high protein deer chili last three days. I have a meal prep person who cooks my food.

The best old school prohormones were not in fact prohormones, they were designer steroids sold with clever marketing to avoid the laws at the time. (The exception is Alpha-1 which was both a prohormone and a designer in that it converted to an active steroid but was also its own steroid freestanding without conversion)

Epistane, methylstenbolone, and superdrol were all 100% steroids and called prohormones. They were also all really good at building muscle, increasing strength, or sparing tissue during a cut. Each of those three are still around, some as legitimate supplements in the EU and others in the underground.

2 Likes

You’re completely omitting all of the neurological changes that can also increase strength. Increasing muscle is not the only way to increase strength. Several different training modalities can be used to increase neuro responses, and these are not trivial strength gains

1 Like

Once you are not beginner anymore i believe that neuro adaptations are mostly done. If that wasnt the case, good lifters would be able to improve their totals significantly year after year without gaining weight and if that was the case then all the fatbuilding would be a complete waste.
Sure there are steroids that DO increase neural efficiency and improve strenght a lot, like stanazolol and anadrol, but that goes away as soon as you come off. If OP wants to lose 35lbs he will probably be needing to cycle off these right at the time you cut your weight.
Which will leave him at a lower weight and much less strenght(due to weight loss and now also quiting the drugs).
Unless he really cares to be a bit stronger for a month and then nothing, i dont think its worth it.

1 Like

OP wants to:

And lose about 35lbs.

Yes, you can increase strength while in a deficit but it sure as hell isn’t ‘insane’ by any definition.

Agree with @hankthetank89 here. I’ve been increasing strength a little while at a 1000cal daily deficit but it’s through sheer willpower alone.

3 Likes

I do believe that noob gains are almost purely neurological adaptations, but neuron firing rates, muscle fiber type, antagonist muscle firing, number and type of muscle fibers recruited all play a large role in strength and these are not things that a beginner or intermediate lifter would likely have maxed out.

Also, from the sounds of it, OP likely has a lot of strength left to be gained, even while losing weight. Obviously he didn’t really put any stats out there, but I’ve seen enough of these types of posts to make a pretty educated guess on his lifting age and strength.

To be clear, I’m not shitting on OP, just making a guess based on previous experience with some of this stuff

1 Like

An example to consider: I watched Charles Baily, who had been lifting weights and a bodybuilding competitor, from his youth. He was about 45 years old when he started powerlifting in the 275lb Class. His total increased from the 1800’s (lbs) to 2,500+lbs over about 5 years, with only a 5 or 10lb weight gain. Granted, much of the total improvement can be attributed to technique and support gear utilization ability. An example of gear adjustment: he had to change bench shirts to be able to get the bar to his chest. That is, the shirt he used to get 700lbs would not allow 600lbs to reach his chest. He knew how to get all there was to get out of the gear. Another early example, when Charles first tried using a bench shirt he could raw bench press about 425lbs raw, but could only bench press 405lbs with the shirt on.

Charles was a firm advocate of improving the CNS to increase muscle activation for a single effort.

1 Like

A natural lifter increasing strength while only consuming an assumed ~ 2/3 of his maintenance energy requirements. Now that is impressive!

1 Like

well that explains your previous answer

i, however, understood that he is a powerlifter and already 300lbs
 i tought he is a friggin monster and hopes to lose fat and gain strenght at the same time, which is impossible at that point.

This is exactly what i wanted to mention later today.
Noob gains also work when you change something. For example, i moved from 3x10 with 2min rests to 3x12 with 1 min rests and i add reps every training session. But not because i am getting super big so fast, but because my body adapts to the new type of training.
When i started running, i did 10k in 90mins. In a month or so, i could run a 10k in less than an hour.
Surely this progress does not continue - you fast forward through the noob gains, and then you struggle to add 1 minute for months.

So in your example, the guy had muscle. He just needed to adapt it.
And of course there always are exceptions to all the rules. However, i am not an expert of this and i would be very interested if there was some way to increase strenght but not weight cuz i am fed up of force feeding my self and being fat all the time.

2 Likes

1000 cal daily deficit ??

Yes, I weigh 217.5 currently, started at 232(ish) back in early November. I’m 28 and had been lifting 5x per week. I plugged these into about 6 different maintenance calorie equations and they said i should be somewhere between 3200 and 3400 daily calories for maintaining. Subtract 1000 and that leaves me 2200-2400 daily calorie goal
 not really that hard if you choose the right foods and eat often enough.

You can check out my log if you want more details

3 Likes

I will be doing that too, come March. In my case it’s about a 1/3 reduction of my calories from maintenance. I won’t gain any strength and I won’t lose any muscle. Steroids won’t be involved.

1 Like

I put together a nutrition plan I’m following similar to last years cut, also at 2200cal a day. This time macros are 40/30/30 pfc. I dropped 5lbs week one which was surely mostly water. I can’t tell if I lose muscle while doing these cuts or not. I can tell you I look like I do though. Very flat.

Yes that’s normal. But you don’t. At least not until your going under 9% BF.

Do calipers and some other methods before and after and then after your diet do a week or two at maintenance to fill up glycogen and water and you’ll see.

People usually don’t lose muscle, they just have way more fat than they think. Often people think “I need to lose 10 lbs of fat” but in reality it’s more like 20.

2 Likes