T Nation

Best Program to 1 Plate OHP, 2 Plate Bench, 3 Plate Squat, 4 Plate DL?

Best program to reach those in the shortest amount of time? Lifting 3 times a week while getting some good mass on… need lots of opinions since its mostly to test new programs on my clients and get them strong fast

Any program will get the average male to this point if they attack it with intensity. It would be harder for a woman to get to a 1 plate OHP and a 2 plate bench, but it’s certainly possible with the right mindset.

That aside, anything can work. 5x5, 10x3, 4x8, 5/3/1, 5/4/3/2/1, anything. Getting strong fast isn’t really a thing unless you’re genetically built to get strong fast. And even then, for the average person it’s not really a good idea to peak up and “get strong fast” in terms of 1RM. I’d look more at seeing how to get these numbers for 3-5 reps versus a single one.

Also, why is it important that they get strong fast? If they start from zero training, a 3 day a week program with some running or conditioning mixed in is going to yield massive results if they want it bad enough and push hard.

Those are all pretty low numbers. As a total newbie I got those stupid quick just doing 5x5 sets on squat bench and dead and 3x10 on OHP.

Lots of steroids.

1 Like