Best Pre-Workout Supps?

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
Coffee and a b complex work well for me. And they’re antioxidents!

Good for recovery too?[/quote]

Theres plenty of research showing why it isnt beneficial to consume antioxidants preworkout.

How much? I dont remember. [/quote]
And there are many to the contrary.

Also CoQ10.

Excellent combo. Caffeine, CoQ10, B complex. Works wonders.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
1,3 DMAA destroys caffeine in every way. Its everything a pre workout stimulant should be. Extreme focus, strength increase, and sustained energy.

If you get that from caffeine, great. But most get an initial buzz, a little shaky, and then a quick comedown. I think caffeine is good for the metabolism boosting effects but the point of diminshing returns wrt to the other effects is pretty low IMO.

With that said, Jack3d is ridiculously overpriced. Similar products exist 135 scoops for $18 or so compared to jack3d 90 scoops for $25+. [/quote]

I get my jack3d at a sup wholesaler for less than a dollar a serving. What would you recommend in its place?

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
1,3 DMAA destroys caffeine in every way. Its everything a pre workout stimulant should be. Extreme focus, strength increase, and sustained energy.

If you get that from caffeine, great. But most get an initial buzz, a little shaky, and then a quick comedown. I think caffeine is good for the metabolism boosting effects but the point of diminshing returns wrt to the other effects is pretty low IMO.

With that said, Jack3d is ridiculously overpriced. Similar products exist 135 scoops for $18 or so compared to jack3d 90 scoops for $25+. [/quote]

I get my jack3d at a sup wholesaler for less than a dollar a serving. What would you recommend in its place?[/quote]

geraniamo

[quote]wropower wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]wropower wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]wropower wrote:
Caffiene alone won’t do it for me. I used to meake my own ECAs before the politicians got involved.[/quote]
then you are too reliant on stims.[/quote]

I know.[/quote]
lol. touche. watch out for dem adrenalz brah.[/quote]

Back when I was in college, we’d make a homemade ECA, take GHB postworkout – all ingredients legally purchased over-the-counter from GNC. When they pulled Eph. and G I didn’t have the heart to work out for about seven years:([/quote]

get some pantothenic acid aka Vit B5 500mg 2x per day for a month and see if you feel better

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
[/quote]
how many mg do you take?

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

I get my jack3d at a sup wholesaler for less than a dollar a serving. What would you recommend in its place?[/quote]

geraniamo[/quote]

Ever try Muscle Marinade? It’s also a 1,3 DMAA supp

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

geraniamo[/quote]

Whatever supp Bonez is talking about sounds cheaper.

geraniamo is $19 for 315g and Jack3d is $26 for 250g

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

geraniamo[/quote]

geraniamo is $19 for 315g and Jack3d is $26 for 250g[/quote]

take a closer look :wink:

It’s funny how many people focus on pre work out sups. This is strange to me because stimulants turn on the sympathetic nervous system which equals turning off recovery.
Most people can train plenty hard, it’s a speedy adequate recovery that most people have difficulty with.

I lost all motivation to train, was sore and inflamed all the time. I couldn’t figure out what was wrong. Then about a month ago I realized that over a five year period I had become stimulant dependent to train. It’s a vicious cycle, stims reduced recovery ability which made me think I needed more stims to get a good work out.

It took me a week plus to get over my stims. I quit cold turkey. Oddly enough I actually wake up more refreshed. Another really good thing is I just want to train. I don’t need to get crazy tweaked to lift.

Well just my two cents. Learn about your sympathetic nervous system ie fight or flight. It’s the exact system stims fire up and short change recovery.

I do however use nootropics instead of stims now. They are so much more benificial. I can focus with out that dirty buzz feeling.

[quote]Cichlidkid wrote:
It’s funny how many people focus on pre work out sups. This is strange to me because stimulants turn on the sympathetic nervous system which equals turning off recovery.
Most people can train plenty hard, it’s a speedy adequate recovery that most people have difficulty with.

I lost all motivation to train, was sore and inflamed all the time. I couldn’t figure out what was wrong. Then about a month ago I realized that over a five year period I had become stimulant dependent to train. It’s a vicious cycle, stims reduced recovery ability which made me think I needed more stims to get a good work out.

It took me a week plus to get over my stims. I quit cold turkey. Oddly enough I actually wake up more refreshed. Another really good thing is I just want to train. I don’t need to get crazy tweaked to lift.

Well just my two cents. Learn about your sympathetic nervous system ie fight or flight. It’s the exact system stims fire up and short change recovery. [/quote]

just because YOU over did it doesnt mean other people did as well

Lol, my post wasn’t about me over doing it, my use was average. It was pointing out how most people could benefit from increased recovery capacity verses being hyped to lift. Anyways start bumping lines before you lift. I really don’t give a fuck if your to stupid to understand your nervous system. Fuck you

[quote]Cichlidkid wrote:
Lol, my post wasn’t about me over doing it, my use was average. It was pointing out how most people could benefit from increased recovery capacity verses being hyped to lift. Anyways start bumping lines before you lift. I really don’t give a fuck if your to stupid to understand your nervous system. Fuck you[/quote]

1. that was a completely immature response from a 34 year old. my post was in no way offensive

2. with the amount of BBers taking pre-workout supps, yet still recovering, i doubt the effects are more than negligible for the VAST MAJORITY

3. you didnt over do it? your use was average? then why were you “stimulant dependent” over a 5 year period?.. that is not average

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

geraniamo[/quote]

geraniamo is $19 for 315g and Jack3d is $26 for 250g[/quote]

take a closer look :wink:
[/quote]

Yep. That’s what I use.

FWIW, the only difference ive noticed between geraniamo and jack3d is the taste. I dont care to pay for gourmet supps that I drink in less than 2 seconds.

[quote]Cichlidkid wrote:
Lol, my post wasn’t about me over doing it, my use was average. It was pointing out how most people could benefit from increased recovery capacity verses being hyped to lift. Anyways start bumping lines before you lift. I really don’t give a fuck if your to stupid to understand your nervous system. Fuck you[/quote]

Youre more than welcomed to not post here anymore if youre going to get that butthurt over someone disagreeing with you.

How bout this. I use a 1,3 product preworkout. I drink a few cups of coffee in the morning. I sleep 6.5 hours if I’m lucky because of law school finals. I train 4 days a week with plenty of volume. I have a history of PED use but no longer use them. I STILL RECOVER AND MAKE GAINS.

Can you teach me what Im doing wrong Mr Bill Nye?

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Cichlidkid wrote:

Youre more than welcomed to not post here anymore if youre going to get that butthurt over someone disagreeing with you.

How bout this. I use a 1,3 product preworkout. I drink a few cups of coffee in the morning. I sleep 6.5 hours if I’m lucky because of law school finals. I train 4 days a week with plenty of volume. I have a history of PED use but no longer use them. I STILL RECOVER AND MAKE GAINS.

[/quote]

Bonez, I am interested in why you no longer use PEDs. You obviously don’t have to share that info if you don’t want to. PM me if you like.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

Is DMAA what do you take BONEZ? if so, whats the specfic supplement name?

I’ve read a lot about pre workout supplements, but i’ve never heard of DMAA.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

I have. Got a sample of it last time I went to the sup store. It definitely works, and if I remember right tastes better than jack3d. Next time I’m in there I’ll switch over and report back.

geraniamo[/quote]

Ever try Muscle Marinade? It’s also a 1,3 DMAA supp
[/quote]

[quote]bigandstrong24 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Cichlidkid wrote:

[/quote]

Bonez, I am interested in why you no longer use PEDs. You obviously don’t have to share that info if you don’t want to. PM me if you like.
[/quote]

Not interested in getting any bigger + not worth the possible health risk.

[quote]LibertyPatriot wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

Is DMAA what do you take BONEZ? if so, whats the specfic supplement name?

I’ve read a lot about pre workout supplements, but i’ve never heard of DMAA.
[/quote]

mentioned a few posts up.

DMAA is 1,3 dimethylamylamine. Geranium oil. It’s the main thing in all of the preworkout supps to come out in the past 2 years.