T Nation

Best Pre-Workout Breakfast

I like to consume the majority of my carbs after lifting, but try to get around 20-25 in breakfast since it is my pre-workout meal.

If I wake up at 7:00, train at 9:00, what would be the better pre-workout b-fast? (I am a female, if that matters in regards to numbers/macros).

1. 1 cup egg whites, 1 whole egg made into omlette with veggies (mushrooms, broccoli, onions, bok choy, zuchinni squash)
    • 1 cup strawberries

OR

1. 1 cup egg whites, 1 whole egg made into omlette with veggies (mushrooms, broccoli, onions, bok choy, zuchinni squash)
    • 1/3 cup oatbran cooked with water and cinnamon

so basically, for a pre-workout b-fast, should I go with fruit or grains for my carbs? Which do u guys find fuels you best?

What kind of workout are you doing?

btw that seems like a tiny breakfast but maybe you're tiny.

(and I'd take fruit over grains)

With two hours before your training, just eat a regular breakfast. Then have your post workout meal, post workout. 2 hours is plenty of time to digest, shouldn't upset your stomach or anything.

This is discussed here.

Had me going for awhile....hilarious though

"Fish oil butter"

Call me crazy but I'd say it would work out fine to have the omelet, strawberries, and oatbran.

As gi2eg mentioned, it depends a bit on the workout, but you've just been sleeping for 8 hours, hopefully, and are waiting 2 hours til your workout I'd suggest making your body most prepared with all 3. It also depends on your body weight, age, training routine and all that.

For example I have I'll have 3 eggs, turkey bacon, wheat toast, and buckwheat pancakes with berries for breakfast before a big lift...but I'm 19, 185lbs and will lift or do HIIT 5 days a week.

I like Poliquin's pre workout breakfast.

Kill animal from pen in backyard.

8 to 10 oz of beef or buffalo
3 whole omega eggs
HRX and green tea.
maybe a grapefruit if needed.

I think either one would be fine. Not a huge difference if you ask me. Try one for a week or 2 then try the other. See which one you like better.