Best Post Workout Meal.....

So…whats your best post workout meal!?

SURGE Recovery shake.

corn flakes w/ honey and skim milk, 7 grain toast with natural peanut butter and honey.

Spikes insulin!!!

I have brown rice, chicken, green peas, and cream of chicken soup… All mixed in the same skillet.

Rice, Tuna, Italian Seasoning, sounds weird but it is delicious.

dextrose and whey. keep it simple and effective

Either chocolate milk, or several bowls of captain crunch

[quote]Curran wrote:
dextrose and whey. keep it simple and effective[/quote]

x2

Surge.

Why does this thread exist?

sushi buffet and a couple monster energy drinks

or 2 pounds steak burrito with avocado half gallon milk and monster energy drink

not to flame but rather to educate - the goal of a PW drink is to get a spike of insulin which will drive protein into your muscles to help rebuild them as quickly as possible. thats the watered down version.

so basically every PW drink/meal needs to consist of a simple carb (sugar) and a protein (preferably a fast acting such as whey isolate). imo any simple combo of that is going to be effective.

I can’t speak for the OP, but I figure this is “your best pwo meal AFTER the shake.”

My favorite is 2 cups of brown rice, chicken breast, parmesan cheese, 1/3 cup mexican cheese blend, and a cup of black beans in one bowl. tasty.

[quote]spadesofaces wrote:
I can’t speak for the OP, but I figure this is “your best pwo meal AFTER the shake.”

My favorite is 2 cups of brown rice, chicken breast, parmesan cheese, 1/3 cup mexican cheese blend, and a cup of black beans in one bowl. tasty.[/quote]

That was my take also.

Two grilled chicken breasts, brown rice, steamed green beans, apple.

Christopher

What do you mean by “best”?

I take “best” to mean…

1.) meets nutritional requirements
2.) easy to make

I have chicken and rice.

(that doesn’t include the fact that I have a peri/post workout shake to spike my insulin.)

It’s simple b/c its all already made, 2min in the microwave and i’m good. it doesn’t have to be fancy or made by wolfgang puck or anything

Brown rice and a Whey protein shake with 2 cups of skim milk

130 Carbs
70 Protein

Lean ground beef or chicken and black beans…Mmmmmmm… my favorite meal of the day.

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
Surge.

Why does this thread exist?[/quote]

erm…because it does?!?

The thread title says it all…best post workout “meal” not “supplement” … meant as in non supplement…do you get it yet??

[quote]Rooster1980 wrote:

130 Carbs
70 Protein
[/quote]

How much brown rice do you have?

[quote]Loopylad wrote:
Rooster1980 wrote:

130 Carbs
70 Protein

How much brown rice do you have?[/quote]

I have about a 3/4 cup (Dry), makes closer to two cups cooked, the rice I eat has 38 carbs per 1/4 cup = 114 total carbs. The milk has another 26 carbs which are simple sugers so that will give you your insulin spike, this has worked well for me.

I’m on a cut right now so after the Surge Recovery, it’s 6 oz of Tilapia and green beans. Very boring.