T Nation

Best Possible Saying

Is there anything better than pulling off the best possible saying/reply to a situation. Most of the time you can only think of these things later and not in the moment. I have two to share with you, feel free to add your own.

1. I was down at my grandparents house eating dinner and the tv was on in the background. It was on National Geographic or Discovery, it was a documentary on some African tribe and it was showing one of the extremely skinny tribesmen diggin a hole with a stick

(i’m talking bone thru nose, face paint, fur wearing tribesmen) and outta nowhere during our quiet dinner my grandpa says “there’s Obama’s daddy” and we all died laughing. (note: I know some may take this the wrong way, but in context it was fucking funny)

1. Me and my buddy took a trip to Tunica Mississippi and after a long poker playing session we got a comp to the Paula Dean Buffet (awesome bulking choice BTW). We both piled a few plates and were flat out pigging out.

During the meal, I said “Man this is freaking awesome, Paula Dean is the shit, eating food this good makes you want to sit back and just savor the goodness,” and my friend stops eating for a second and kinda nods his head, then he blasts back “but not for to long cuz I gotta get back to this fried chicken” and I imagine everyone around figured we were both high since we were laughing like retards…

Your Turn.

[quote]

1. I was down at my grandparents house eating dinner and the tv was on in the background. It was on National Geographic or Discovery, it was a documentary on some African tribe and it was showing one of the extremely skinny tribesmen diggin a hole with a stick

(i’m talking bone thru nose, face paint, fur wearing tribesmen) and outta nowhere during our quiet dinner my grandpa says “there’s Obama’s daddy” and we all died laughing. (note: I know some may take this the wrong way, but in context it was fucking funny)[/quote]

Yeah…so…not funny.

Me and my friends were downtown and we saw a hot girl and boyfriend walking down. My friend leans over to get a look at the girls ass as they walk by and says “what an ass.” I come back with “yah, hee mussttt work out”

well it sounded a lot funnier being said than read. Oh well.

I think snappy remarks are the best. Anyone have any of those?

[quote]buck mulligan wrote:

(i’m talking bone thru nose, face paint, fur wearing tribesmen) and outta nowhere during our quiet dinner my grandpa says “there’s Obama’s daddy” and we all died laughing. (note: I know some may take this the wrong way, but in context it was fucking funny)

Yeah…so…not funny.[/quote]

I guess this is one of those “you had to be there” threads.

I wish I had something smart ass to say to you two party poopers.

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:
Me and my friends were downtown and we saw a hot girl and boyfriend walking down. My friend leans over to get a look at the girls ass as they walk by and says “what an ass.” I come back with “yah, hee mussttt work out”

I think snappy remarks are the best. Anyone have any of those?[/quote]

Yeah I think we all have seen dumb and dumber…

Stupid like a fox!

“I’d like to have sex with that girl, if you know what I’m saying”

I was playing poker with some friends one night. My buddy Felix’s gf dropped her cards and when she leaned over toward him to pick them up, her face was near his crotch. My friend Troy says “Looks like Felix is all in.”

I’m sure this is one of those ‘you had to be there’ moments, but it was fucking hilarious.

[quote]son of liars wrote:
Rico Suave wrote:

I think snappy remarks are the best. Anyone have any of those?

Yeah I think we all have seen dumb and dumber…[/quote]

glad someone noticed and picked it up! None of my friends understood why it was funny :frowning:

This one time I had a Han Solo avatar and Toots said it was hot and I said “I know”.

I’m fucking Smooth with a capitol S.

[quote]ktennies wrote:
I was playing poker with some friends one night. My buddy Felix’s gf dropped her cards and when she leaned over toward him to pick them up, her face was near his crotch. My friend Troy says “Looks like Felix is all in.”

I’m sure this is one of those ‘you had to be there’ moments, but it was fucking hilarious.[/quote]

AAAAAAHAHA

[quote]buck mulligan wrote:

Yeah…so…not funny.[/quote]

X2

When I was younger back in Canada I was watching the movie “Deep Impact” in the theater with friends. This was when the movie first opened and the house was packed.

There was a scene where the government tries to shoot missles at the asteroid, but fails. President Morgan Freeman comes on the news and says “The missles have failed. The asteroid has fragmented into two parts. One will hit the ocean. The other, Western Canada” at which point I said “Fuck” in what I thought was a reasonably quiet voice. The whole theater erupted in laughter.

Had to be there, I guess

Me and five other guys were at a friend’s house playing Halo, and passing the controllers off between rounds. My friend Brian and I were spectating one round and we were watching player 3 sneak up behind player 2 who was oblivious. Suddenly, player 2 must have heard us mumbling because he realized the danger and before he could react or try to run Brian yelled “We traced the call, it’s coming from inside the house!!!”

I thought that was pretty funny.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
When I was younger back in Canada I was watching the movie “Deep Impact” in the theater with friends. This was when the movie first opened and the house was packed.

There was a scene where the government tries to shoot missles at the asteroid, but fails. President Morgan Freeman comes on the news and says “The missles have failed. The asteroid has fragmented into two parts. One will hit the ocean. The other, Western Canada” at which point I said “Fuck” in what I thought was a reasonably quiet voice. The whole theater erupted in laughter.

Had to be there, I guess
[/quote]

Same thing happened to me but instead of saying ‘fuck’ I blew the biggest fart of my life.

[quote]dk44 wrote:
Is there anything better than pulling off the best possible saying/reply to a situation. Most of the time you can only think of these things later and not in the moment. I have two to share with you, feel free to add your own.

and then you all got up burnt a cross and continued the clan meeting!!!

[quote]dza1978 wrote:
and then you all got up burnt a cross and continued the clan meeting!!!
[/quote]

no. it’s funny. my grandfather was the same way. my favorite, albeit totally racist, line from him was said in a chinese food restaurant. the waitress asked me if i wanted anything on my rice to which i replied “no.” my grandfather turns to me and says, “oh, you like it gook style huh?”

needless to say, i nearly fell out of my chair in embarrassment given that the waitress was still standing there, but in hindsight it’s pretty funny.

you need to remember these people were a product of a different time and different set of values. and in my grandfather’s case, he fought in WWII and the korean war so every asian person was still the crazy to him.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
This one time I had a Han Solo avatar and Toots said it was hot and I said “I know”.

I’m fucking Smooth with a capitol S.

[/quote]

Yeah, I totally remember that. That was awesome.

different strokes for different folks i guess then , you are right they are from a time when racism and the miseducation ran rampant.
Still dont find it funny though, these brainwashed people are the same ones who think every arab is a terrorist , every black and hispanic is a gang member/drug dealer and that white people are superior to all other races.
So very backward.may be if the roles of slavery and other such human rights violations were cast upon them for a few hundred years their thoughts and responses may differ, then again maybe not theres a racist in every race.