Best Piece of Advice?

If you had one piece of advice to give in one sentence for someone just starting out, what would it be?

Get on a proven routine and stick to it for an extended period of time; do this all while eating a proper diet that are suited for your goals.

[quote]BuildingUP wrote:
Get on a proven routine and stick to it for an extended period of time; do this all while eating a proper diet that are suited for your goals. [/quote]

Yeah, I started by practicing the Warrior Diet and have seen some fantastic results, what do you practice?

Don’t quit.

[quote]Zerpp wrote:
Don’t quit.[/quote]

That’s a good one Zerpp, simple yet hard for a lot of people.

You all should view my ebook on my site, see if I left anything out in my advice for beginners…

Did you start this thread just to pimp out your ebook?

Also, I don’t want to be an unhumorous dick, but in this picture are 4 “ultimate badasses” http://www.andysternberg.com/images/soldier_coffin.jpg

Losing 100 lb is something to be proud of, but it does not make you the ultimate badass. Lose the attitude.

[quote]hastalles wrote:

Also, I don’t want to be an unhumorous dick, but in this picture are 4 “ultimate badasses” http://www.andysternberg.com/images/soldier_coffin.jpg

Losing 100 lb is something to be proud of, but it does not make you the ultimate badass. Lose the attitude.[/quote]

I have no argument that the troops are to be heralded, I don’t know where you seemingly got that from…Anyways, The Armed Forces are truly badasses as well.

Visualization is a very powerful thing though, my friend, and that is what I am trying to do. Shoot for the stars and you will land among the clouds.

Define your goals. make them specific and realistic. find out exactly what to do to get there. then do it.

[quote]bigmetalguy wrote:

[quote]hastalles wrote:

Losing 100 lb is something to be proud of, but it does not make you the ultimate badass. Lose the attitude.[/quote]

I have no argument that the troops are to be heralded, I don’t know where you seemingly got that from…Anyways, The Armed Forces are truly badasses as well.

Visualization is a very powerful thing though, my friend, and that is what I am trying to do. Shoot for the stars and you will land among the clouds.[/quote]

I’m sorry if I overreacted. I just dislike the whole hardcore attitude that a lot of people have going on. Lifting weights is NOT hardcore, no matter how intense you are - risking your life for the greater good is.

Back on topic: Consistency, don’t flit from routine to routine and movement to movement. Find what works for you. You need measurable progress from session to session which you can’t get if you’re doing something totally different from last time.

Some would argue, hastalles, that mixing things up once in a while is a good thing…what do you think of that assertion?

Form, steak, and eggs. That is all…

[quote]Kakarat wrote:
Form, steak, and eggs. That is all…[/quote]

Are you a fan of ketogenesis then?

[quote]Kakarat wrote:

Are you a fan of ketogenesis then?[/quote]

I’m not really familiar with the term, so I looked it up. But from my understanding, no, because I still eat carbs in the morning, pre, and post-workout, which isn’t by any means carb-deficient.

[quote]Kakarat wrote:

[quote]Kakarat wrote:

I’m not really familiar with the term, so I looked it up. But from my understanding, no, because I still eat carbs in the morning, pre, and post-workout, which isn’t by any means carb-deficient.[/quote]

Ketogenesis is running on ketone bodies (fatty acids) instead of carbohydrates. Gets you incredibly lean, but it is a VERY miserable existence. Tried it…hated it. That is pretty much what i do with the Warrior Diet as well.

[quote]Kakarat wrote:

[quote]Kakarat wrote:

I’m not really familiar with the term, so I looked it up. But from my understanding, no, because I still eat carbs in the morning, pre, and post-workout, which isn’t by any means carb-deficient.[/quote]

Ketogenesis is running on ketone bodies (fatty acids) instead of carbohydrates. Gets you incredibly lean, but it is a VERY miserable existence. Tried it…hated it. That is pretty much what i do with the Warrior Diet as well.[/quote]

Up until I was 18 and knew anything about dieting, I never ate a whole lot of carbs. I did stay quite lean while gaining a little bit of muscle, but yes it was miserable…

You also sacrifice the gains in mass as well as strength gains on ketogenesis. Your muscles need that glycogen replacement.

You also sacrifice the gains in mass as well as strength gains on ketogenesis. Your muscles need that glycogen replacement.[/quote]

Yeah I’ve definitely noticed the difference in my gains now that I make a legitimate effort to eat carbs before and after workouts. It’s quite a noticeable difference.

And you just generally feel better I find.

Seek and destroy