T Nation

Best OTC Fat Burner?

What is the consensus on the best pure fat burner that you can get without a script? Cleaning up diet, getting up each morning and walking 30 min 5-6x per week really brisk (*), cutting out crap and getting more water.

Somewhat limited with a hip injury to what I can do other than clean up diet, drop cals and walk quite a bit due to a low back injury.

Any additional assistance would really be great. Age 44, Weight 220lbs, umbilicus is 45". Goal is about 195 with a nice drop in umbilicus size.

Honestly you probably don’t need it until you get to lower fat percentages.

I am guessing fat burners that contain Yohimbe will be best for directly influencing fat and body composition. However, that substance is banned at my customs so I haven’t tried it myself.

However, I have been using fat burners mainly for boosting my energy and mood, and suppressing my appetite. This in turn helps me push through dieting and stay strong in and out of the gym. Like any other supplement, everyone will have their favorite and I recommend you try a few different ones and see what you like.

This article is right up your alley.

100 Workouts From Ripped City ~ by Lonnie Lowery, PhD:

[quote]Toshiero wrote:
What is the consensus on the best pure fat burner that you can get without a script? Cleaning up diet, getting up each morning and walking 30 min 5-6x per week really brisk (*), cutting out crap and getting more water.

Somewhat limited with a hip injury to what I can do other than clean up diet, drop cals and walk quite a bit due to a low back injury.

Any additional assistance would really be great. Age 44, Weight 220lbs, umbilicus is 45". Goal is about 195 with a nice drop in umbilicus size.[/quote]

Your goal should be to get healthier. If you have that many injuries, get it looked at and fixed.

Water running. Best exercise for injured person. I’ve done it for twisted ankle, bad back and even after my knee surgery.

Apart from that, HOT-ROX, or Carbolin 19 if stimulants are not your cup of tea.

Thanks guys. I just feel crappy and its my own fault for getting in this shape, and I am trying to start the turn around.

Got an MRI on the hip today, meeting with doc in a week to get results. Odds are Its bursa and some sort of ‘itis’

K starting with not eating after 8pm, getting my fat butt up and walking 30 min building up to 45 min. Follow up with The oatmeal (various flavors) and a protein Shake (again Various flavors) then off to work.

Should be a good start.

[quote]Toshiero wrote:
K starting with not eating after 8pm, getting my fat butt up and walking 30 min building up to 45 min. Follow up with The oatmeal (various flavors) and a protein Shake (again Various flavors) then off to work.

Should be a good start.[/quote]

don’t buy packets. They are full of sugar.

Get the real stuff.

Eggs are also good, although, I do enjoy steal oats, cooked in crock pot overnight, and add chocolate protein before eating instead of milk. Yum.

[quote]Toshiero wrote:
I would say whatever you decide to do stick with it. 25 pounds isn’t very much weight to lose and you sound like you are overwhelmed.

Working up to a 45 minute brisk walk outside or on a treadmill with an 2-3% incline is a good start. Past that I would get a trainer or a book on working out with injuries. Get a game plan going with your doctor about your hip and back. I have yet to run into a guy with lumbar issues that couldn’t throw together a decent routine despite his injury.

Lastly, and at the same time firstly, set some goals. Getting down to a desired body weight is a good start but that kind of thing never excites me. Set some long term goals that will make you feel alive.

[quote]JFG wrote:

[quote]Toshiero wrote:

don’t buy packets. They are full of sugar.

Get the real stuff.

Eggs are also good, although, I do enjoy steal oats, cooked in crock pot overnight, and add chocolate protein before eating instead of milk. Yum.[/quote]

I can’t argue against the real stuff, but I do believe the Quaker Weight Control packets skip the heaps of sugar and actually have slightly more fiber. Not bad in a pinch.

As for fat loss supplements, Toshiero, HOT-ROX is a great choice.