Best Night Time Protein?

Ok, at risk of being flammed for this question I can’t remember which is the best source of protein to ingest before bedtime. Egg white? Cassien…blend? I am being lazy today the search engine and reading is just too much effort :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance for the replies.

[quote]Smug wrote:
Ok, at risk of being flammed for this question I can’t remember which is the best source of protein to ingest before bedtime. Egg white? Cassien…blend? I am being lazy today the search engine and reading is just too much effort :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance for the replies.[/quote]

Casein!

[quote]cardinal25 wrote:

Casein!
[/quote]

Bump! Slow digesting protein. I have read that it maintains amino acid elevations for up to 7-8 hrs.

[quote]Coldiron wrote:
cardinal25 wrote:

Casein!

Bump! Slow digesting protein. I have read that it maintains amino acid elevations for up to 7-8 hrs.[/quote]

Forget protein powders guys. Meat is the ultimate slow digesting protein source. It sits in your stomach being slowly digested for hours.

How fast do you think your protein shakes will digest?

What would the diference by between Milk Protein Isolate,Hyrdrolyzed Casein, and Micellar Casein besides price? They all seem to be derived from milk. Would they each in theory be considered long lasting proteins?

Thanks again

[quote]chrisrodx wrote:
Coldiron wrote:
cardinal25 wrote:

Casein!

Bump! Slow digesting protein. I have read that it maintains amino acid elevations for up to 7-8 hrs.

Forget protein powders guys. Meat is the ultimate slow digesting protein source. It sits in your stomach being slowly digested for hours.

[/quote]

What kind of meat do you suggest?

[quote]cardinal25 wrote:
chrisrodx wrote:
Coldiron wrote:
cardinal25 wrote:

Casein!

What kind of meat do you suggest?[/quote]

Any lean meat, take your pick.

[quote]chrisrodx wrote:

[/quote]

I don’t know if slow digestion has anything to do with it, but the last two nights I’ve had 4oz. of ground beef and cheese and slept like the dead. I can’t remember the last time I slept so well, so I’ll be trying to have meat more often right before bed.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
chrisrodx wrote:

I don’t know if slow digestion has anything to do with it, but the last two nights I’ve had 4oz. of ground beef and cheese and slept like the dead. I can’t remember the last time I slept so well, so I’ll be trying to have meat more often right before bed.
[/quote]

When I have a shake I have something like the following. (Varies depending on current intake and goals)

16 ounces of liquid (all water, all Hood, or half water and half Hood)
1-2 scoops MD
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup walnuts
1 tablespoon olive oil

When I eat food, my preference, it is usually the following. (Varies depending on current intake and goals)

8 ounces lean ground beef
1-2 servings of cheese
1/4 cup walnuts

Christopher

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
chrisrodx wrote:

[/quote]

That sounds pretty damn good. I’m kind of sick of the cottage cheese/flax seed oil routine, and I often have trouble sleeping. I can never get enough meat, anyway. Might have to start giving meat/cheese a shot…

Can anyone help me distinguish between the three protiens I listed above? More specifically which one would best serve as a nightime shake?

Thanks