Best Natural Bodybuilder

[quote]robertgoulet wrote:

[quote]Lunarisx718 wrote:
Brian Whitacre. last year at the worlds he came in bigger than the year before and kept the same condition. I was amazed that at that level those type of improvements can be made in that amount of time.

Also, he’s a humble guy who stays out of the limelight and only shows up once a year to compete in the WNBF Worlds.[/quote]

^ I second that. I listened to a radio interview with him and he seems like a stand up guy. He’s a college professor by day which I think lends a hand to the sport’s stigma, many people seems to think bodybuilders are idiots. When in actuality it’s usually the people that aren’t really bodybuilders, but “bros” and jersey shore-esque that give the sport a bad rep. [/quote]

I just had a look at Brians webpage http://www.brianwhitacre.net/2010%20Worlds%20Gallery.html and it states “I diet for at least 25 weeks in order to get into contest shape, during which I will not have a cheat meal”. 6 months on a diet! This guy is a fooking Ninja…

Seriously Brians physique is amazing, the striations in his lats are crazy.

2006 photo

2006 again

[quote]SLAINGE wrote:

[quote]robertgoulet wrote:

[quote]Lunarisx718 wrote:
Brian Whitacre. last year at the worlds he came in bigger than the year before and kept the same condition. I was amazed that at that level those type of improvements can be made in that amount of time.

Also, he’s a humble guy who stays out of the limelight and only shows up once a year to compete in the WNBF Worlds.[/quote]

^ I second that. I listened to a radio interview with him and he seems like a stand up guy. He’s a college professor by day which I think lends a hand to the sport’s stigma, many people seems to think bodybuilders are idiots. When in actuality it’s usually the people that aren’t really bodybuilders, but “bros” and jersey shore-esque that give the sport a bad rep. [/quote]

I just had a look at Brians webpage http://www.brianwhitacre.net/2010%20Worlds%20Gallery.html and it states “I diet for at least 25 weeks in order to get into contest shape, during which I will not have a cheat meal”. 6 months on a diet! This guy is a fooking Ninja…

Seriously Brians physique is amazing, the striations in his lats are crazy. [/quote]

Wow! Must say, though, his neck to lower traps area makes him look like an alien, with the way the vertebras protrude halfway. But yeah, amazing conditioning. a very ‘hardcore’ look.

I hope to one day get to the point where people generally refuse to believe I’m a lifetime natty. Also am a fan of Cordova/Whitacre.Miller.

[quote]kingbeef323 wrote:
I hope to one day get to the point where people generally refuse to believe I’m a lifetime natty. Also am a fan of Cordova/Whitacre.Miller.[/quote]

You are probably already there. It sadly doesn’t take much for people to think your huge, by average populous standards.

I’m inclined to give Skip the benefit of the doubt. He competed at the highest level of the sport for 10 straight years, doing 6 month contest preps every year, and was in amazing shape before prohormones ever came on the market.

Cordova is another guy that has an unreal natty physique, nice round muscle bellies. Whitacre gets sickly shredded.

There are plenty of guys to draw inspiration from in the natty realm, thats for sure.

Anyone remember Mike Ashley?

I’ve never been sure about Mike Ashley. YES, I do believe there are guy with amazing genetics out there, but they’re usually on stuff anyway or we wouldn’t know about them in the first place (IFBB Pros).

S

I just cant believe some of the guys photos that have been posted are natty! i honestly didn´t believe you could get that big without some “help”.

[quote]zraw wrote:
The Mighty Stu :)[/quote]

I second that! The Mighty Stu!

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]xilinx wrote:
Serious. Pro-hormones were not dis-allowed for sometimes, if I remember correctly. Some require that only pasr X months/years be natural. So… define natural?
[/quote]

AAS was not dis-allowed/illegal back in the “Golden Era”. Does that mean Arnie was a natty?

There will be no concrete definition of “natural” but IMO if you have used pro hormones/AAS in the past (especially if it was prolonged use) then you are not a natty, no matter how long ago it was. (not like my opinion matters though[/quote]

Without question, pro-hormone use disqualifies one from ever being considered “natural.” Increasing your testosterone levels by 500-1000% is anything but natural. I don’t see why people even try to argue it.

I dont think anyone said martin daniels, but the guys a freak

Steve Reeves. Golden era for the win :slight_smile:

[quote]Jake W. wrote:
Steve Reeves. Golden era for the win :)[/quote]

You’ll find some old dudes from Reeves’ era who will tell you that Reeves did in fact use steroids.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Jake W. wrote:
Steve Reeves. Golden era for the win :)[/quote]

You’ll find some old dudes from Reeves’ era who will tell you that Reeves did in fact use steroids.[/quote]

I’ve heard that as well. Sure they only used small amounts, but it was just something they didn’t speak about,… well, until an incident where Larry Scott answered an audience member’s question with something along the lines of “all American bodybuilders use steroids”, and then Chuck Sipes (I think, maybe one of the other older guys - I’ve read so many books and accounts that sometimes it all runs together!) took personal offense, ran onstage and got into a little shouting match with Scott (who admitted to relying on D-bol quite a bit).

Another interesting note if we were to discuss the old-time competitors who are usually regarded as Natural,… In the earlier editions of Bill Pearl’s Book (The autobiographical one I believe), he freely admits his use of anabolics, only to have the reference noticeably missing in later editions of the text. Personally, I think this takes nothing away from the man’s accomplishments, but it does make for an interesting sidenote.

S

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
I’m inclined to give Skip the benefit of the doubt. He competed at the highest level of the sport for 10 straight years, doing 6 month contest preps every year, and was in amazing shape before prohormones ever came on the market.

Cordova is another guy that has an unreal natty physique, nice round muscle bellies. Whitacre gets sickly shredded.

There are plenty of guys to draw inspiration from in the natty realm, thats for sure.[/quote]

the first couple years skip was around 204 in contest shape. a year after one of his 204 shows he comes in at 215 contest shape. then a couple years later 231 contest shape. i think he might of even been in a show at a contest shape 240 but i dont know that for fact. all these jumps were in a years time and the guy diets for 6 months every show, come on lol…

Saying that im still a skip fan because he came and he conquered

Michael “The Natural Freak” Lockett

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

I hope to one day get to the point where people generally refuse to believe I’m a lifetime natty. Also am a fan of Cordova/Whitacre.Miller.[/quote]

you have already reached that point mofo

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:

you have already reached that point mofo[/quote]

I vote HM