T Nation

Best Music Player for Working Out

I know there is a million of these threads, howeverâ?¦

…recently my old laptop died which was originally hooked up to my mini iPod that I use for working out. I can’t figure out how to transfer my music from my iPod to my new lap top, so Im going to have to buy a new iPod and start again.

I have noticed the new mini iPod is a different design of the one I have(smaller square shape), and I was wondering if the new one will still suffice. It looks a little too big to clip into my underpants.

Anyway, my question is, is the mini iPod still the way to go? Is there any other product I should consider?

On a side note, I recommend everyone to buy CDs and not buy your music online. At least with CDs you have a hard copy.

tweet

with google play you can store like 15000 songs online for free. CDs my ass.

Bird,
Did you but your music online through iTunes?

If so, when you get your new laptop and re load iTunes you will have all your songs. If that doesn’t work but you did in fact purchas your music through iTunes you can email customer support and they can do a 1 time deal where they automatically let you re download everything that you have already purchased from them.

Yeah, unless you downloaded it from somewhere shady they’ll definitely let you redownload everything.

[quote]gregron wrote:
Bird,
Did you but your music online through iTunes?

If so, when you get your new laptop and re load iTunes you will have all your songs. If that doesn’t work but you did in fact purchas your music through iTunes you can email customer support and they can do a 1 time deal where they automatically let you re download everything that you have already purchased from them.[/quote]
I sure did. I will send them an email this afternoon.

tweet

Depending on how big is your music archive, the iPod mini might not have enough space.

Honestly you can go with whatever you want as long as it has a flash drive and not a hard disk (like the iPod classic). All the sprinting/moving/falling around is most likely going to stratch the drive in no time.

I have to agree with gregron that having an iTunes makes your life much easier.
I own a 64gb iPod touch and that bad boy works like a charm – steady for 3 years and I make sure to pound the life out of it.

Good luck man.

use the program called iDump. I know it sounds funny but it will allow you to take all your music from your iPod and put it on your new computer. I strongly recommend this. I have used it numerous times.

You can also get your music by plugging the iPod into the computer. Open the iPod. Make sure your file settings allow you to see all hidden folders. Viola! There is all your music in separate folders. this way is messy as hell. All of your music wont be labeled and you will have to do it yourself.