Best Martial Art For Bullies

Well i think nobody here was counting other people involved, the last time i fought on the street was when i was 17 that i was drunk, and got the beaten badly was because instead of running a lot(as if i could i was drunk like hell) i took the guy down and the first thing that i got was a big kick in the middle of my face from the his buddies, needless to say, they stomped the shit out of me

my point exactly. on the street stay off the ground.

Tongue in cheek…

kenpo cause its on my bit torrent version of p90x.

[quote]Gabe299 wrote:
my point exactly. on the street stay off the ground.[/quote]

x2

Being on the floor with limited mobility is not a good place to be when fighting in a unregulated style. Not only can other people come and kick the shit out of you, and I wont even mention the occasional dog that can jump in the mix, but if you’re grappling with someone it is hard to see what they are doing, they could easily pull a knife or gun with their free hand. Stay on your feet, stay mobile, and alert. Too many things can go wrong to be on the floor all tangled up with another person in a street fight.

Boxing or muay Thai would be good for fights. Knees and elbows hurt.

[quote]Kevin_Meaux wrote:
I made the title in jest mostly.

Most martial arts center around the idea of being able to defeat/mitigate the strengths of a stronger/larger opponent. As this is T-Nation,(I would hope) there are some stronger individuals on here.

What do you guys think the best martial art is for a stronger, larger practitioner who can reasonably expect to get in fights with those that are smaller and weaker than him? How do you play to your strengths when your strength is strength so to speak.

This could be looked at from a few angles:

1. You need to control an aggressive opponent without doing damage.
  2. You need to defeat/control someone who is more skilled than you.
  3. Just for fun: you just like picking on little shits…[/quote]

You would definitely want a high rate of fire, like an UZI. Small guys can move really fast.

I recommend the bazooka, nobody messes with guy with the bazooka

http://www.bertisevil.tv/img/bazooka-bert.jpg

definitely wrestling

Aikido for all 3 points.

They attack you eventually catch one of their weaker inferior limbs and just gently put them down like a baby. The only thing it’ll hurt is their inflated ego.

Akido does not work unless your opponent wants it to.

When you’re considerably bigger, Aikido works.

I would agree with wrestling and akido the goal is to put them down without hurting them…whats the glory in being bigger and stronger than someone and owning them? I would give more kudos to the guy who owns someone in his own weight class or above

[quote]drewh wrote:
Akido does not work unless your opponent wants it to.[/quote]

Yea I’m not much for aikido.

Yeah there is a reason it isn’t used in competition.

[quote]drewh wrote:
Yeah there is a reason it isn’t used in competition. [/quote]

Competition is not the be-all end-all for martial arts- plenty of them are not supposed to work in competition. But I don’t like relying on arts that aren’t based on striking to some degree.

Once you say that you cross into a huge gray area.

[quote]drewh wrote:
Once you say that you cross into a huge gray area. [/quote]

Say what?

[quote]Enders Drift wrote:
When you’re considerably bigger, Aikido works.[/quote]

Yeah, now that I think about it, when I wanted to control my kids, I used to resort to Aikido. Nothing moves a six year old around without hurting them like Aikido.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]drewh wrote:
Once you say that you cross into a huge gray area. [/quote]

Say what?[/quote]

Say whaaaa? lol