T Nation

Best Liquid Fish Oil?

whats the best liquid fish oil? I would take Flameout but I can’t swallow pills

Udo’s is probably the best known liquid oil, but I don’t believe it’s fish oil. Nevertheless, it’s supposed to be pretty good.

Instead of looking for a liquid fish oil, why don’t you just learn to swallow pills instead (I’m sure a pure liquid fish oil would be quite repulsive). Until I was 30, I couldn’t get a damn pill down to save my life. Finally I got disgusted with myself and just did it. Now, after all the supps and vitamins I’ve taken over the last few years I could probably swallow a golf ball.

Start off small. Use mini M&M’s or something equally tiny and just do it. If the pill sinks, tilt your head back. If it floats, tilt your head forward. Keep telling yourself that you can’t possibly choke on it, and keep trying. Once you can get something small down, work your way up to something larger. Before you know it, you’ll be throwing down a handful of Flameout without even thinking about it.

Good luck.

I would think liquid would have the advantage of being mixed with shakes, or would that be completely nasty and not work well.

Carlsons Fish Oil is what I use if Flameout is not around. They are comparable in price and Carlsons actually has a higher DHA to EPA like Flameout compared to other fish oil brands.

Flameout does has the CLA in it though. Swallowing pills is very easy once you get the hang of it…I suggest you take the time to learn it.

Carlson’s Lemon Flavored

I second Carlson’s lemon flavored fish oil. If you keep it really cold, it’s great.

either genuine health or health from the sea are both great-tasting (orange) and high quality small-fish oil. Both you can find in canada. Much more effective than most pills.

-chris

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
Carlsons Fish Oil is what I use if Flameout is not around. They are comparable in price and Carlsons actually has a higher DHA to EPA like Flameout compared to other fish oil brands.

Flameout does has the CLA in it though. Swallowing pills is very easy once you get the hang of it…I suggest you take the time to learn it.[/quote]

where can you buy carlsons fish oil? online or at a GNC or something?

[quote]bmitch wrote:

where can you buy carlsons fish oil? online or at a GNC or something?[/quote]

I get mine at Vitamin Shoppe.

[quote]yerba wrote:
bmitch wrote:

where can you buy carlsons fish oil? online or at a GNC or something?

I get mine at Vitamin Shoppe.[/quote]

Do you know if they ship to Canada?

Carlson’s or Natural Factors. Both sold at iherb.com.

I got some Carlson’s, the lemon flavor is tasty!