T Nation

Best Inexpensive Fruits and Veggies?

Question may sound strange but if you had only the money to buy 1 to 3 fruit max per week for all your life… which fruits would you buy and why ? ( for shape and well being )

And samething for veggie !!

Fruit: Avocado and tomatoes. Good fats and lycopene.

Veggies: Broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower. Fiber, vitamins, and cauliflower can take on the form of everything.

1 Like

If I could only buy one unit I’d get something like a melon or large winter squash and portion it out

Fruit: blackberries bananas blueberries

Veggies: spinach broccoli romaine

I’m not a micro-nutrition expert. I don’t study it as much as I study training so my answer would is no better than any you will read here.

But if I write it, some people will take it as Gospel and in that specific case it would be a mistake.

For me it would likely be:

Fruits: Avocado, pineapple, blueberries
Veggies: Broccoli, tomatoes, spinach

1 Like

Where the heck do you guys live that avocados are considered inexpensive? They’re crazy expensive in NW Ontario.

2 Likes

No kidding and good pt, If you can only afford 1-3 a week it’s probably worth looking at what’s affordable based on location/season

Topic title and forum got changed from when he first posted it. Honestly drives me crazy.

4 Likes

People cant afford 2-4 veg? “Let them eat avocados”

The forum wasn’t changed. OP posted the thread in CT’s forum, while Supps & Nutrition would be a bit more general for answers, there’s nothing wrong with wanting to pick Thibs’ brain on the issue.

The thread title was edited to more clearly convey the question, as per basic forum policy. “Question about Fruits and Veggies!” is pointlessly vague for a title.

Though all good reasons, it will not change that it drives me nuts :slight_smile:

Texas. They just throw them over the border from Mexico at us. My house is buried in avocados. I just can’t eat them all.

1 Like

Fruit: Raspberries, blueberries & Strawberries
Veg: Broccoli, Asparagus, Spinach

Frozen shit

1 Like

That isn’t a fruit or a veggie. :joy:

It may have previously been a little bit of both :lol:

1 Like

They must have really good or really bad throwing arms. I am closer to the border and they keep missing house!