BEST HARDCORE WORKOUT SONGS

Lipo, I think we hear alike on this one. There are some great undiscovered songs that are worth hunting for on Napster to anyone who’ll trust me on this: Bauhaus “Double Dare”…Argyle Park “Violent, Scarred for Life”…Skinny Puppy “Rodents (DDT Remix)”…Circle of Dust (just about anything, but especially “Dissolved”, “Waste of Time”, “Yurasuka”)…AP2 “Resurrection of the Ravens”…and nearly every song on the Rammstein Live Aus Berlin CD.

I would have to say the best song that always gets me amped and good to go would have to be…
PennyWise - BroHymn

That Danzig story never happened.Complete B.S. Danzig is a black belt in Jeet Ku Do and was trained by one of Bruce Lee’s orginal students.

Hey cool. My post got people all worked up 'n shit. Nyyce. I completely forgot to add Pantera to my list. Gentlemen, wait, fellow Manimals, rather, though our tastes may vary, and this is good, I feel we can all agree that PANTERA’S list of warm-fuzzy tunes including “Walk” “And Primal Concrete Sledge” kick enormous iron-ass, but perhaps the greatest contribution to the weightroom since the innovation of benches has been PANTERA’s own “Five Minutes Alone”. Don’t let this conclusion by any means cease the war of best fight songs. Lata.

• “Well I woke up this mornin’, and got myself a Beer” - Mr. Mojo Risin’

-Eric

ah, here we go. this is a great post. if there is one thing that is essential for pump when you are lifting it’s music. the right music can elevate you from not wanting to workout to the all-out blood boiling, bouncing off the walls stage. here is some stuff that works for me: saw the varsity blues sndtrk mentioned earlier and it kicks major ass. Offspring’s older stuff like anything off their smash or ignition albums. G&R appetite for destruction, anything by pantera. and the best band ever: Motley Crue (i could put “hooligan’s holiday” on repeat for 100 straight workouts and never get tired of it.) workouts are just so stale without loud rock.

maximus, I read the story in a music magazine, but I guess that doesn’t mean it isn’t bullshit…just assumed it was. Never heard the rest of that info about him. You learn something new everyday.

And Eric, you’re right about Pantera…anything they do can get me fired up(hell, I get pumped listening to their version of the Dallas Stars fight song). But “A New Level” can do it like no other song…great subject, even the second time around.

Deftones, Machinehead, Rage, Metallica, Godsmack, Sevendust, Powerman 5000…in no particular order.

Best workout song three-doorsdown Kryptonite
kid-Rock american bad-ass

See i’m addicted to this topic… Pantera -you got it right…walk and i’d say Love are the best. Disturbed is awesome, there is a band from around my area called strangers with candy…they kick all sorts of ass…they went to cali changed their name to Driver and i heard their first album as driver and in the big time, comes out in May. Staind works good along with Pman5k…that new song Ultra Mega is awesome…can’t forget Tool…sober and Anemia…i’m gonna stop and take a breath nlow

At The Drive-In – “Arcarsenal”

I must say I’m really surprised this is still a hot topic. When I posted this idea a month or so ago we had a ton of responses, and now it’s hot again. I think we’re gonna have to start a “Top 10 Pantera Songs” based on everyone’s responses. You all are right, any will do but noone has mentioned “Sandblasted Skin” and “Fking Hostile" yet. Here’s a few that are somewhat obscure but nonetheless good ones: Urban Dance Squad’s “Fastlane” from the Pump up the Volume soundtrack, and Red Hot Chili Peppers’ “Search and Destroy” from the Beavis and Butthead Experience (I believe this is a cover song but don’t know the original band). Sepultura’s “Territory,” Jane’s Addiction’s “Mountain Song,” Black Sabbath’s “Symptom of the Universe” (Sepultura’s version of this is killer too), Anthrax’s rendition of “Sabbath Bloody Sabbath,” and Pitchshifter’s “Genius.” Other stuff that’s good is the instrumental stuff by Yngwie Malmsteen (“Far Beyond the Sun” and "Trilogy Suite OP5) and Steve Vai (“Bad Horsie” and “Juice”-can you tell I’m a former six-string player?) My all-time vote goes to Rage’s first effort. I’ve blasted through more sticking points w. “Killing In the Name Of” than any other song. "FK YOU, I WON’T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!” I’d be interested in hearing what albums are best as far as the punk stuff like Ramones, Sex Pistols and some of the others you guys mentioned-I’m pretty green in this area of music.

Almost forgot a few…Slayer: Dittohead and 213, Ministry-Jesus built my Hotrod and Get in the Ring by Guns n’ roses. R

teddykgb, here’s a few albums to start with: The Sex Pistols “Never Mind The Bollocks,” Iggy & The Stooges “Raw Power,” The Damned “Damned Damned Damned,” The Ramones “The Ramones.” The Stooges did the original of “Search & Destroy” and yes, the Chili Peppers version kicked ass.

Okay, this is the last time for me, but they say save the best for last. Here’s an obscure but killer track. Aphex Twin-“Come to Daddy.” This was on the movie 8 MM when Nicholas Cage went into the killer’s house at the end.

skid row/ 40 seasons of… motley, judas p., kiss.

and any man that listens to rap or cher or nsnc while working out, HAS to be gay. i’m sorry – nysportsclubs in connecticut… you people are dainty!

ah, music. can’t have a good workout without it (or at least i can’t). here are my top pix: g&r-appetite for destruction cd, anything by pantera, some of offspring’s older stuff (ignition and smash albums in particular), buckcherry (this band is just awesome–can’t wait for their new release coming out on my b-day), and last but not least the best band of all time: motley crue. oh hell yeah.

This topic has given me so many good ideas of what cds to buy next! Anyone care to expand and list cds that are good for all the tracks. I hate buying shit that only has a couple good songs. I live in Europe and we pay too much for cds here to be experimenting.
Also, I’d just like to add that I work out in a little “fitness” gym with more shitty cardio equipement than you can shake an olympic bar at and they play the commercial radio shit all the time. In one room they actually have a tv playing MTV!! Why do these people go to the gym at all!!! Those idiot boybands and crappy music on the radio get me pretty pissed off, though and I get so aggressive against it all that I do get some good workouts. I guess that crap can actually motivate you in a backwards way. I’ve tried headphones, but the damn wires just piss me off.

“We Gotta Know” The Cro-Mags!

Gary E., it kinda depends on what type of music you like…as in how heavy you want to go. I’ll list a couple I really love, but my tastes can get a bit heavier than a lot of people’s. I know all of these have been mentioned before, but I guess I’ll list my favs:

Pantera, Vulgar Display of Power
Rage Against the Machine, (first one)
Metallica, Master of Puppets
Metallica, Ride the Lightning
Slipknot, (don’t know the name, they only have one, I think…and this cd has been in my truck’s cd player since the day I bought it about 2 months ago)

If you want to get pretty fuckin’ heavy:

Morbid Angel, Blessed are the Sick
Malevolent Creation, The Ten Commandments
Exhorder, Slaughter in the Vatican(incredibly brutal CD)
Slayer, Seasons in the Abyss
Overkill, Years of Decay

There’s a few I just love, but most people think it sucks, so check some shit out on Napster or something to see what you think.

I recommend that everyone who likes Pantera kinda music checks out the Cro-Mags album the Age of Quarrel. It’s incredibly brutal, a true classic. And that Harley Flanagan dude who’s singing is an angry man indeed!
TL