T Nation

Best Hairloss-Proof Compound Combination?

I understand that the anabolic/androgenic balance of compounds is useful in determining their effect on hair. I also understand that Propecia can offset the negative androgenic effects of a compound like testosterone. What I want to know is what would be a powerful, medium-dosed (1g compounds a week) combination of compounds.

I use finasteride anyway, so I’d like that included in the picture - I know this rules Deca, an otherwise good choice, out.

Test + Finasteride + Anavar = best bet in this situation?

It’s all about genetics.

I have read about so many horror stories involving finasteride that I wouldnt dare touch it or anything else that blocks the conversion of T into DHT.

But thats me if you like it go nuts.

In particular, I’m looking at primo and/or equipoise to tack on to my cycle.

Does anyone know how finasteride would interact (if at all) with those two guys?

[quote]SergeRedding wrote:
In particular, I’m looking at primo and/or equipoise to tack on to my cycle.

Does anyone know how finasteride would interact (if at all) with those two guys?[/quote]

You will be making a hair raising decision here.

Finasteride will block DHT the male sex hormone which kicks your genes into gear. Most using it have noticed significantly reduced performance and muscle growth. So you need to make a decision. Do you want significant muscle or a head of hair?

You can generally look at your mother’s father to get an idea of what your eventual hairline will follow. DHT speeds up the process of losing hair if that is what you are genetically predisposed to. Male pattern baldness is caused by the hair follicle’s sensitivity to DHT.

The more finasteride you use, the more you will begin to experience a sluggish libido as dehydrotestosterone (DHT) is the drive behind your sex drive. DHT also inhibits the activity of the aromatase enzyme lowering estrogen in your system (a good thing). So Finasterides benefits are outweighed by the negative issues.

Happy lifting , that’s my .02 worth.

What’s all with these hair losing threads? Have we men turned into pussies caring more about hairline than our physique?

[quote]niksamaras wrote:
What’s all with these hair losing threads? Have we men turned into pussies caring more about hairline than our physique?[/quote]

Just thinking the same thing.

I don’t suffer from MPB but I think I would want to save my hair if I was prone to it. I guess I’m saying that I understand. I kind of enjoy having the best of both worlds and I think that’s what the questions are about. Hoping to achieve both.

This also means that I may not be the best with advice on the subject. I will throw my two cents in though and you can sort through it.

Deca is reduced by 5-AR to dihydronandrolone (DHN). You are using a 5-AR inhibitor which will stop both the test and Deca from converting into their weaker androgens. Less DHT and DHN will be produced but you will still get positive effects from both. In addition less DHT is produced when using Deca with test. If you doing a cycle with test I don’t see how Deca is bad. Both the finasteride and Deca will lower DHT.

Deca only with finasteride is a bad choice.

I highly recommend researching deca test finasteride. It may actually be one of your best choices.

Really helpful posts, thanks. Based on the (admittedly little) research I’ve done on test-deca-finasteride, I think I’ll try it out. Instead of clogging the board with another thread, I’ll post an example 8-week cycle to perhaps help other people with similar concerns (and of course fish for critique for my own purposes).

Here goes: (add in 1mg finasteride ED)

Weeks 1-2
Test Prop 1g (250mg x SuTuThSa)
Arimidex 1.5mg (.5mg MWF)
T3 175mcg (25mcg x 7)
Deca 500mg (250mg x TuTh)

Weeks 3-5

Test Prop 1g (250mg x 4)
Arimidex 1.5mg (.5mg x 3)
T3 350mcg (50mcg x 7)
HCG 1500IU (500IU x 3)
Deca 500mg (250mg x 2)

Week 6

Test Prop 1g (250mg x 4)
T3 350mcg (50mcg x 7)
HCG 1500IU (500IU x 3)

Week 7
Test Prop 1g (250mg x 4)
T3 175mcg (25mcg x 7)
HCG 1500IU (500IU x 3)

Week 8
T3 175mcg (25mcg x 7)
Clomid 350mg (50mg x 7)

Week 9
Arimidex .75mg (.25mg x 3)
Clomid 350mg (50mg x 7)

Weeks 10-11
Clomid 350mg (50mg x 7)

Weeks 12-16 (Off)

Basically, I’ll have a gram of test a week for 7 weeks, 500mg deca for the first 5, and some T3, HCG, and PCT that follow traditional protocol.

Again, thanks for the information.

Quite a short cycle… I’d lengthen it for sure 10 weeks at least. Especially with Deca having such a long half life. I would also not be using Test P. I would use Test E/C. Your dosing is a little strange too. Adex should be EOD. I would pin Test E/C twice weekly with the Deca.

If you use Test P you’ll have a couple of weeks of active test without the deca because it takes it awhile to be effective. Test E/C will be a longer Ester. Closer to that of Deca.

[quote]BUDs wrote:

[quote]niksamaras wrote:
What’s all with these hair losing threads? Have we men turned into pussies caring more about hairline than our physique?[/quote]

Just thinking the same thing.[/quote]

It’s about looking as good as you can; the whole package. I wouldn’t fault the dude.

[quote]installglass wrote:
Quite a short cycle… I’d lengthen it for sure 10 weeks at least. Especially with Deca having such a long half life. I would also not be using Test P. I would use Test E/C. Your dosing is a little strange too. Adex should be EOD. I would pin Test E/C twice weekly with the Deca.

If you use Test P you’ll have a couple of weeks of active test without the deca because it takes it awhile to be effective. Test E/C will be a longer Ester. Closer to that of Deca.[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback - there was one thing I forgot to mention about this particular cycle. It’s about all I can afford, both monetarily and time-wise given some practical constraints - gonna have to take a break from the juice a good while into 2014. I want to be back at normal test levels by mid-January, so I wanted to squeeze as much out of an eight week period as possible.

Another unfortunate constraint is that test prop is all I have right now, so I’m locked into that even though it’s not ideal.

I know an 8-weeker with deca isn’t ideal - would the PCT I wrote out be sufficiently timed to (just barely) address the deca; or should I stagger it out more?

Oh, also, I can do NPP. I completely blanked on its existence.

How about 400mg a week NPP for those first 5 weeks?

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

It would be nice if every guy who goes bald could look like Vin Diesel, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Jason Statham or Bruce Willis but sadly there are a lot of guys who just cannot pull off the bald look.
We’re not pussies for wanting to keep our hair, on the contrary it is our desire to keep getting pussy that makes us want to keep our hair.

[quote]doublelung84 wrote:

[quote]BUDs wrote:

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

Just thinking the same thing.[/quote]

It’s about looking as good as you can; the whole package. I wouldn’t fault the dude.[/quote]

Oh I totally agree, and really I’m thankful I don’t have mpb even though I shave my head and that’s how I look the best. I honestly feel for guys that are losing their hair especially at a young age

Having a shaved head look still looks much better than being bald. It’s certainly not the same thing. When you’re bald and you shave you still have that ugly as fuk horseshoe buzz cut around your head.

Having a shaved full head of hair makes you look like a tough military dude.