Best Gym You Have Been To?!

[quote]mattwray wrote:
Bad Attitude Gym just outside Dallas TX.
[/quote]

Just outside Dallas where?

I kinda dig muscle system in sacramento- old school type place , u get to use chalk-bumper plates - dumbells go up 200lbs- kris dim works out there

There is an Old School Gym in Torrington,Connecticut. They offer kettlebell sport training. WWW.AWE-SPORT.COM

Quads Gym, Calumet City, IL

Flex Gym, VA Beach, VA

Armbrust Pro Gym, Lakewood, CO

My garage gym, the sticks of W. Montana

core fitness spring, tx

24 hour access
not too many people
sufficient equipment
non-retarded management

i’ll miss it in utah- the BYU student gym just is over crowded and can be a pain. oh well, i’l be throwing up weights that will make people move around me

premier fitness by a big warehouse i used to work at in mississauga ontario… maybe 45 minute drive away from my house, it was amazing and had everything i needed…

the locations in my hometown, lol… no power cage/pins… no squat racks… no nautilus press… and the dumbells only go up to 110 … luckily only 6 months left on my contract so i can switch to a goodlife before i go insane.

The one in my basement and Metroflex in Plano, TX. Every other gym on the planet blows big monkey balls. And I should know, I’ve been to every gym everywhere.

[quote]biglifter wrote:
Metroflex in Plano, TX.[/quote]

x2

Plus, the old Deware Gym at A&M

I do not remember the name, but there was/is a gym in Park City loaded with bumper plates that I remember being pretty cool equipment wise.

For me I’d have to say The University of Manitoba in that it had a dedicated Oly room and in the normal (but well-stocked) weight room there was a wrist roller 8" up on the wall with a step ladder and a cable leading down so you could do wrist curls that high.

[quote]coolp3ople wrote:
premier fitness by a big warehouse i used to work at in mississauga ontario… maybe 45 minute drive away from my house, it was amazing and had everything i needed…

the locations in my hometown, lol… no power cage/pins… no squat racks… no nautilus press… and the dumbells only go up to 110 … luckily only 6 months left on my contract so i can switch to a goodlife before i go insane.[/quote]

There’s a Premier in Winnipeg too…a huge warehouse thing that’s about a 1/4 mile per side and with 6 sets of each increment of dumbbell. I love it!
It just looks like Gold’s Gym does to me from those pics I’d see of the original Gold’s in Venice Beach. Though i understand that it’s bigger than the Gold’s.

The great memories I have of it too!
Even before I ever picked up a weight my cousin worked there back in the late 80s and sometimes my brother or my dad and i would go to pick him up and it was great to see these immense guys there. Heck they were probably “only” 200lbs but I’m not sure but when I think of that gym I think of Lethal Weapon, Whitesnake and Conan comic books for fuckssakes.

My favortie so far has to be Howell Fitness Center, not for the gym, but for my training partners, They helped me out a ton!

Don’t remember the name, but there’s a warehouse gym on the outskirts of Charlotte, NC that was pretty awesome. The equipment wasn’t great, but the atmosphere was.

Yeah, worthless post, my bad.

Worlds Gym (oahu) ala moana blvd (closed)
The GYM (Oahu) closed
Worlds GYM (NYC) not sure have not been in years
SSPT (MD) Great gym for Powerlifters, ELITEFTS gear, prowlers, platforms, cool owners

The now defunct Gilly’s (Powerlifting) Gym in Waterville, Maine. Benches, Racks, 2 monolifts, full range of HS equipment, DB’s to 150, Oly lift platform with bumper plated, chains, and the walls lined with competitors for 30 years. They just couldn’t keep the doors open after new owners took over.

There’s a lot of hate for Gold’s Gyms because they’ve added in so much commercial crap and cater toward faddish fitness trends du jour, but I have to say from traveling around the country and usually ending up at one, they are consistently the best equipped most available chain of gyms.

One that stands out to me is the Gold’s Gym in Greenville, NC (where E.Carolina U is). You can work out there with heavy weights then drive across town and get a pound of “B’s BBQ”. Fucking awesome.

Without question varsity gym at my university. Highlights:

10+ traditional squat racks
10+ bench press set ups
15+ olympic racks with bumper plates
10 adjustable free standing benches
DB’s up to 150
Boxes for jumps
Turf area upstairs/next door for agility

I honestly have never found myself wanting for anything there. Absolutely perfect.