T Nation

Best Guitar Riff Ever?

Gen X’s Dancing With Myself.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Yeah, but he wouldn’t be anywhere near as good if he wasn’t taking AAS. I wish it were possible to play the guitar like that naturally.

Yes, you ARE that bad with AAS.

I swear when I saw the title of this thread I was thinking of this song.

I don’t know if it’s the best but it is up there.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

Interesting bit of trivia;

At one time country music star Vince Gill was offered a job playing guitar with Dire Straits.[/quote]

Very interesting indeed, Push. I don’t listen to country so I wouldn’t know about Gill, but for Knopfler to offer him a job speaks volumes of Gill.

[quote]slimthugger wrote:

[/quote]

I know you actually meant to post this link, but it’s okay. I forgive you this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqxo1SKB0z8

Im new to this sight and have been playing guitar for about 7 years, so here are a couple riffs/songs that are pretty epic and get me pumped to workout.

1.Morbid angel-dominate
2.decapitated-spheres of madness
3.at the gates-slaughter of the soul
4.pantera-domination
5.behemoth- conquer all

i could do this all day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2sfelvHAlU

And just to tie it all together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ae2uidckqE

[quote]TheReaper wrote:
5.behemoth- conquer all

[/quote]

listen to the whole thing, or at least from 2:40 on.
fuckin’ epic.
I’ve broken 2 DL PRs, and a BP PR, listening to this song.

[quote]TheReaper wrote:
Im new to this sight and have been playing guitar for about 7 years, so here are a couple riffs/songs that are pretty epic and get me pumped to workout.

1.Morbid angel-dominate
2.decapitated-spheres of madness
3.at the gates-slaughter of the soul
4.pantera-domination
5.behemoth- conquer all

i could do this all day.[/quote]

Man, you’re like 5 days late on the “Decent Metal” thread.

Check it.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
slimthugger wrote:

Interesting bit of trivia;

At one time country music star Vince Gill was offered a job playing guitar with Dire Straits.[/quote]

VG is in my very top group of the most underrated/unknown (ie folks don’t know he plays as well as sings) guitarists ever.

I haven’t been able to get much work done thinking about which riff is the best. These types of music questions keep me up at night.

… to be cont’d

Ted Nugent - Stranglehold

That is a tough one considering various scale modes and song formats.

I would have to go with Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd. Or most songs by the Allman Brothers.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Yeah, but he wouldn’t be anywhere near as good if he wasn’t taking AAS. I wish it were possible to play the guitar like that naturally.

Yes, you ARE that bad with AAS.[/quote]

I heard he was on dbol when he recorded that…JUST KIDDING!

Ted Nugent - Stranglehold

I second that

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]FormerlyTexasGuy wrote:
That is a tough one considering various scale modes and song formats.

I would have to go with Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd. Or most songs by the Allman Brothers. [/quote]

I think we were talking riff & not solo…unless I’m mistaken on what was meant

[quote]ProgMtl wrote:
FormerlyTexasGuy wrote:
That is a tough one considering various scale modes and song formats.

I would have to go with Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd. Or most songs by the Allman Brothers.

I think we were talking riff & not solo…unless I’m mistaken on what was meant

[/quote]

Ah. Well, that is even tougher.