Best Green Tea

I go for the dragonwell (lung ching) loose organic. I’m also a fan of young hyson and to a lesser extent gunpowder. Dragonwell has a very sweet fresh flavor that’s hard to beat. Just be sure not to screw it up with milk or sweeteners.

[quote]Bujutsuka wrote:
I go for the dragonwell (lung ching) loose organic. I’m also a fan of young hyson and to a lesser extent gunpowder. Dragonwell has a very sweet fresh flavor that’s hard to beat. Just be sure not to screw it up with milk or sweeteners.[/quote]

those are all loose leaf? yeah i heard about milk and the adverse affect on the tea, but sweeteners? what’s wrong with them… i dont use them in hot, but when cold i sometimes might.

[quote]AlterEgo721 wrote:
abcd1234 wrote:
Bulk, imported tea is the way to go. Tea aficionados agree, and most say the best are non-organics. All you still using bags and steeping it in boiling water for five minutes have not had “real” tea.

BTW, there’s a HUGE difference between Japanese and Chinese greens. I myself love a good Sencha.

Yes I’m still steeping…lol…

how and where do you get loose leaf tea? use a tea press for it i assume?

Why such the preference for white tea? I thought green tea was the best for you?

[/quote]

Because white tea is the least processed of all the teas and potentially has even more of the beneficial polyphenols (the health promoting phytochemicals) found in white tea.

[quote]slimsaw00 wrote:
I haven’t yet converted to loose tea, even though I’ve heard that it tastes better, and is probably better for you (contains more antioxidants if IIRC).

We’ve been drinking Matcha green tea from Costco, and I thought its pretty good. You guys are starting to convince me on loose tea. Can loose tea be found in like local health food stores?

-Matt[/quote]

You can, thats all dependant on the health food stores you frequent. Who knows, you might try asking them to accomdate your request for whole-leaf/loose leaf tea if they value your business.

I like Yerba Mate tea myself. I brew a gallon at a time, Yerba Mate is supposed to have greater benefits than other green teas. You can do a google search to learn more.