T Nation

Best Football Movie

Varsity Blues came out my junior year of high school, and I thought it was the best movie ever at the time. Now I would have to give the nod to Any Given Sunday. Lattimer tossing the alligator in the showers is hilarious, as is LT sawing Jamie Fox’s car in half. Pacino is also awesome in that flick.

Honorable mention would go to The Program for its Welcome to the Jungle camp scene.

[quote]doogie wrote:
Remember the Titans or Friday Night Lights[/quote]

You are correct.

Sorry…have to do it:

RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY!

LOL…someone was going to do that sooner or later

I really enjoyed Any Given Sunday, but I totally love the way Friday Night Lights was filmed…beautifull!

Longest Yard or Any Given Sunday. And that’s about it.

That Pacino speech in the end was the shit.

Any Given Sunday was OK, but a little over the top with the eyeball thing and outrageously hard hitting (and the dude with the 2-foot schlong).

Rudy is the best.

Varsity Blues was EXACTLY like what I experienced playing HS ball in Texas back in the 80’s.

[quote]escot4 wrote:
What do you guys think is the best football movie you’ve seen? My personal choice is The Program. [/quote]

dude lattimeer is my idol

I, uh, don’t remember anybody with a 2 foot dick, but any given sunday is my favorite football movie. Varsity blues and the program were also good. And who can forget nescesarry roughness?

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
I think “Any Given Sunday” probably had the best actual football gametime footage of any I’ve seen.

Nothing will make me turn off a football movie quicker than seeing some guy stick his arm straight out against another player who’s running full speed, and this motionless clothesline somehow manages to cause the sprinting player to backflip 59 times before he hits the ground.

I’d say “Remember The Titans”, while a decent movie, might have the worst gametime footage I’ve ever seen. It actually makes me feel uncomfortable to watch it, it’s so bad.[/quote]

No “Something For Joey?” Blasphemy! J/K.

Did everyone forget about Lucas? It did have an all-star cast.

[quote]Man O’ War wrote:
I find the same with Basketball movies. In Coach Carter, the Richmond team does not miss a shot for the entire movie.[/quote]

Yeah, but great hoop movies begin and end with Hoosiers.

[quote]chillain wrote:
Man O’ War wrote:
I find the same with Basketball movies. In Coach Carter, the Richmond team does not miss a shot for the entire movie.

Yeah, but great hoop movies begin and end with Hoosiers.

[/quote]

Just like there is only one golf movie, Caddyshack

I enjoyed all the movies mentioned, but I would have to say my favorite is Rudy.

Linder

Varsity Blues is probably my favorite. Any Given Sunday was a bit too over the top for me. I love Friday Night Lights, but thats more for the brotherhood theme than for the football, same gos for Remember the Titans.

I have yet to see gridiron gand, but I hear it’s actually quite good.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
I, uh, don’t remember anybody with a 2 foot dick, but any given sunday is my favorite football movie. Varsity blues and the program were also good. And who can forget nescesarry roughness?[/quote]

Yeah, but did anyone notice that Mack from The Program is the Wide Receiver in Necessary Roughness and Lattimer is the Cowboy in Necessary Roughness?

Go Tigers, a friend I go to school now went there. After watching this movie I am very enticed to make the 7 hour drive to watch the Massilon vs. McKinney game.

[quote]PGA wrote:
Just like there is only one golf movie, Caddyshack[/quote]

I agree. But Tin Cup does deserve an honorable mention.

[quote]chillain wrote:
PGA wrote:

[/quote]

No because no idiot would do what he did at the end of the US open. Well maybe Mickelson

[quote]PGA wrote:
chillain wrote:
PGA wrote:

No because no idiot would do what he did at the end of the US open. Well maybe Mickelson[/quote]

Played the back nine with only a seven iron too from memory.

Rudy for the story.

Varisty Blues for the hitting.