Best Fighting Movies

just looked it up, totally want to see Potent. Doesn’t look like a biography per say, but seems very very interesting.

Imo, Evan Tanner’s story would be fucking AWESOME if they turned it into a movie and actually got a budget behind it and someone to perform it well. Kinda “into the wild” meets “fight club”/“Gladiator”

District B-13 was fucking BADASS shit by the way

awesome scene

le parkour meets some serious gung fu :slight_smile:

Even better idea… A Genki Sudo biography and end it like “to be continued?” and then have him return to MMA and just wreck everyone.

“Enter The Dragon”, if it weren’t for that movie, we probably wouldn’t have got a chance to see most of the other movies in this thread.

You’ve gotta love Jackie Chan if you like seeing great (and also sometimes amusing) fight coreography. “Rumble In The Bronx” and “Legend Of Drunken Master” are two of my favorites.

Tony Jaa is the most promising upcoming MA film star IMO. I’d second Ong Bak as a great fight movie.

For realism, “Cinderella Man”, “Million Dollar Baby”, and “Rocky” have gotta be up there. “Snatch” also had some entertaining, fight scenes.

[quote]hardgnr wrote:
g star 24 7 wrote:
Tony Jaa,check him out.
Warrior King and Ong-Bak.
Incredible fight scenes.

and The protector. Best fighting movies period.[/quote]

Ong-Bak and The Protector are the same movie.

And where’s the love for Karate Kid? lol…

I myself vote for the holy grail of kung fu films… “The Master of the Flying Guillotine”

Weird… but non-stop ass kicking throughout.

Kung Fu Hustle is also insane.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
hardgnr wrote:
g star 24 7 wrote:
Tony Jaa,check him out.
Warrior King and Ong-Bak.
Incredible fight scenes.

and The protector. Best fighting movies period.

Ong-Bak and The Protector are the same movie.

And where’s the love for Karate Kid? lol…[/quote]

Ong bak: Ong-Bak: The Thai Warrior (2003) - IMDb from 2003

The protector: The Protector (2005) - IMDb

Not the same movie.

[quote]Randizo wrote:
I myself vote for the holy grail of kung fu films… “The Master of the Flying Guillotine”

Weird… but non-stop ass kicking throughout.

Kung Fu Hustle is also insane.[/quote]

Haha, yeah “Master of the Flying Guillotine” is a great flick.

Rocky 3

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
Even better idea… A Genki Sudo biography and end it like “to be continued?” and then have him return to MMA and just wreck everyone. [/quote]

I’d buy a Genki Sudo biography :slight_smile:

Fearless with Jet li is absolutely awesome and District 13 is also cool.

Everything Jackie Chan. There isn’t one person who does it like him. All the police stories are up on youtube but for those less patient…

Also, I’ve never seen a movie with good boxing in it. Ever. And I’ve watched a few. “Gorgeous” with jackie chan isn’t bad, but definately not authentic.

Rocky, Tony Jaa (Ong Bak + Revenge Of The Warrior), 300 if it counts.

And The One with Jet Li.

Anyone seen Redbelt? Is it any good?

http://www.sonyclassics.com/redbelt/

check out “Goose Boxer”. yes, this is the real name of the movie %} some great fight scenes and some disturbing stances and forms.

[quote]pch2 wrote:
Anyone seen Redbelt? Is it any good?

http://www.sonyclassics.com/redbelt/

[/quote]

I’m not a martial artist (browsing this thread for ideas on movies to watch) so I can’t really comment on whether the fighting is realistic or not. But, I watched the movie and loved it.

It’s very different, though, as movies go. Its directed/written, I think, by David Mamet…so right there you know its going to be different.

Many of the plot twists are fairly abrupt and can leave you feeling pretty unsettled. But I’d say its definately worth checking out.

/thread :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:

/thread :P[/quote]

AHAHAHAAA!

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
Depends what you’re going for, realism, cool ‘tricks’, insight into a fighters mind, whatever…

• Any scene with Jackie Chan & Benny “the Jet” Urquidez.

• Pretty much the entire movie “The Protector”

I wish they’d do a Bas Rutten Biography/Documentary lol[/quote]

The fight between Jackie Chan and Benny Urquidez in Wheels and Meals is one of the best ever. Jackie Chan considers it his best fight scene.

Screw realism, Rocky IV all the way. Sly ends the Cold War single handed, and Dolph is just in such awesome condition, its inspiring stuff!