Best Exercise for Upper Traps?

Which do you believe is the best exercise for upper Trapezius (The Power Muscle) hypertrophy?

lunges

one thread where you claim the deadlift is best for that, then one thread where you ask what that lift is…

I was going to post something clever about you being the trap man but I read more carefully and saw you are the trap_builder, which means you can still be looking for advice on traps strange as it may seem, with you someday earning the moniker trap_master.

I wish I had a yoke but deadlifting the numbers I do won’t make them but I think that’s what you need…massive deadlifts.

[quote]bignate wrote:
one thread where you claim the deadlift is best for that, then one thread where you ask what that lift is…[/quote]

I haven’t claimed the Deadlift is the best exercise for them, I just know they work very well.

My curiosity is about finding out how Testosterone Nation members would approach building terrifying traps.

[quote]hanban wrote:
lunges[/quote]

Why?

make moar threads brah

power shrugs

I’m so glad someone asked this question.

I was wondering also and I thought the other threads and articles are all wrong.

Again, thank you.

Do a couple sets of Akbar rows every back session after finishing your normal routine.

Few weeks from now, you’ll know a thing or two about traps.

[quote]Nards wrote:
I was going to post something clever about you being the trap man but I read more carefully and saw you are the trap_builder, which means you can still be looking for advice on traps strange as it may seem, with you someday earning the moniker trap_master.

I wish I had a yoke but deadlifting the numbers I do won’t make them but I think that’s what you need…massive deadlifts.[/quote]

Impressive analysis! You must have spent all night thinking about it.

Just kidding man, it would be great to be “Trap Master” some day.

In the meantime I’ll keep asking for advice and opinions.

Cheers.

[quote]critietaeta wrote:
power shrugs[/quote]

X2

[quote]JFG wrote:
I’m so glad someone asked this question.

I was wondering also and I thought the other threads and articles are all wrong.

Again, thank you. [/quote]

Experience and thought make ideas constantly change and become different or better. Always new.

Shrugs.

And it’s incredible I managed to post this before Prof.X.

I dont focus too much on my traps because they dominate my deltoids and make it very difficult to establish a good MMC with the delts but they seem to respond best to moderate weight, high rep DB shrugs. I also like using the HS row machine with the seat low and elbows out wide using a John Meadows 1.5 rep scheme for traps and rhomboids.

Shrugs. They are easy and effective exercise.

[quote]DeltaOne wrote:
Shrugs.

And it’s incredible I managed to post this before Prof.X.[/quote]

My fingers are tired.

…but my traps are big.

Is there really much need for “direct” trap work if one deadlifts and heavy overhead presses?

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
Is there really much need for “direct” trap work if one deadlifts and heavy overhead presses?
[/quote]

You tell us. Most of the guys on this site don’t exactly have traps bigger than guys with big shrug lifts, do they?

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
[/quote]

Unless you have genetically gifted traps, I’d go with yes.