T Nation

Best Exercise for Bigger Biceps

Want to build bigger biceps and I’m working with Kettlebells. My shoulders are getting big but my biceps aren’t as large as I’d like them to be.

Anyone know the best kettlebell drill for bigger arms?

stop worrying about your arms bitch

1. Pick up the kettlebell

2. Curl the kettlebell

food.

[quote]Jason 9 wrote:
stop worrying about your arms bitch[/quote]

Oooh, I’m scared now!

Figured curls would do the trick, just was wondering what else was out there.

If you only have access to kettleballs then your exercises are limited to curls and variations of curls but if you can use regular equipment then barbell preacher curls are the number one bicep exercise in my book.

squats and milk

[quote]HendrixJams wrote:
Want to build bigger biceps and I’m working with Kettlebells. My shoulders are getting big but my biceps aren’t as large as I’d like them to be.

Anyone know the best kettlebell drill for bigger arms?[/quote]

Are you elbows coming up while doing curls? If so, that’s your problem. Keep your elbows locked to your sides.

curling with more weight than your last workout

Train the triceps as well, if they fall too far behind, curling will be fairly useless to you. This is due to the fact that your body shuts down the antagonist muscle’s ability to grow when a muscle is under developed.

Furthermore, don’t underestimate the importance of fork curls.

I really like doing towel hammer curls with KB’s. A rope would work well also. Just loop it through the handle and curl with a neutral grip. I flare my elbows out a slight bit as it is uncomfortable to have my arms digging into my chest. Otherwise you have lean over a lot more than I would like.

Also, you could take a longer rope and tie it to a bell a distance away and row it in.

Heavy cleans do a good job too, but I imagine you already have been using those and would like more progress from the biceps.

Hope that was helpful.

Hang KB(s) from belt and do chin-ups.

Here endeth the lesson.

It doesn’t matter if your using kettlebells, dumbbells, or bands. If you want to specifically target the biceps, you need to curl.

Why do some people feel the need to be so sarcastic when a guy asks a question?

Curls and Pull-Ups do it for me.

Start deadlifting! =P

[quote]cardinal25 wrote:

Curls and Pull-Ups do it for me.[/quote]

Thanks man. I don’t understand the hostility/sarcasm either. Must be the 'roids, jk.

I know curls are the way to go, I was just wondering if there were any other lifts that’d do a good job as well. Kinda tired of the curls, ya know?

cardinal25 wrote:

Thanks man. I don’t understand the hostility/sarcasm either. Must be the 'roids, jk.

I know curls are the way to go, I was just wondering if there were any other lifts that’d do a good job as well. Kinda tired of the curls, ya know?[/quote]

I was not being sarcastic at all, i was just saying that the only way that i got my biceps to grow, was by growing everywhere, thats not to say that i ignored direct arm work, its just that man was not meant to have 18 inch arms and only weigh 165 pounds, best of luck.

–WS4

cardinal25 wrote:

I know curls are the way to go, I was just wondering if there were any other lifts that’d do a good job as well. Kinda tired of the curls, ya know?[/quote]

What exercises do you do for back? My arms have grown from training them directly with curls (many different variations) and indirectly with pull-ups, rows, and other back exercises.

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
HendrixJams wrote:
cardinal25 wrote:

I know curls are the way to go, I was just wondering if there were any other lifts that’d do a good job as well. Kinda tired of the curls, ya know?

I was not being sarcastic at all, i was just saying that the only way that i got my biceps to grow, was by growing everywhere, thats not to say that i ignored direct arm work, its just that man was not meant to have 18 inch arms and only weigh 165 pounds, best of luck.

–WS4
[/quote]

No worries! You’re right about the 18 inch arms.

For me I just do weighted pullups, various rows, and then curl last if I curl at all. Last week I did a 1.5 BW pullup for the first time ever.