Best, Easiest to Use P2P Program?

I like bitComet. Get my torrents from mininova, isohunt or EZTV for shows. For quick individual songs, I still use eMule but I wouldn’t say it’s great or anything, but it’s installed and works.

I haven’t had a virus since removing kazaa and limewire some time ago (note:I’m right now knocking on wood)

you guys are not speaking my language, “client” “server” usenet provider??

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
you guys are not speaking my language, “client” “server” usenet provider??[/quote]

Client = Your computer. The client computer requests data/information/services from the…

Server - The computer at the other end of the connection that is sending that information.

Usenet - Usenet - Wikipedia - A discussion group that can carry files as well as text. Think T-Nation forums with files added to some posts that other users can download. As opposed to a few hundred posts a day though and a handful of topics there are millions of posts a day covering tens of thousands of topics.

Usenet Provider - A company that runs a usenet server that you can connect to. This may be your own internet service provider if they carry usenet or it may be a third party provider.

Usenet Client - The software which you use to read the information and download files from usenet.

If you want to take a look at the scope of usenet without the messing about of setting up software on your PC and connecting to a provider, have a look at google groups - http://groups.google.com/ - They only show the text posts that are made (no files to download) but it’ll give you an idea of the sheer amount of information available.

A good usenet provider will carry much of what you see on google groups plus many thousands more ‘forums’ which contain ‘binaries’ - i.e. files for download.

Usenet is great for many things.

But, refering to the title of the thread, it is neither P2P, and pretty far from “easiest to use”… Once you’ve got the client set up and connecting to a good provider (none of which are free anymore), you still have to deal with multi-part posts, fill requests, uuencoding, base 64 encoding, y-encode, par files, rar, zip, password protected archives asking you to visit some url, etc.

Now, none of these steps is particularly complicated, but - as a whole - they tend to overwhelm those who aren’t computer savvy. Someone who describes himself as a “computer dummy” might not be the best candidate for newsgroup use.

[quote]pookie wrote:
Usenet is great for many things.

But, refering to the title of the thread, it is neither P2P, and pretty far from “easiest to use”… Once you’ve got the client set up and connecting to a good provider (none of which are free anymore), you still have to deal with multi-part posts, fill requests, uuencoding, base 64 encoding, y-encode, par files, rar, zip, password protected archives asking you to visit some url, etc.

Now, none of these steps is particularly complicated, but - as a whole - they tend to overwhelm those who aren’t computer savvy. Someone who describes himself as a “computer dummy” might not be the best candidate for newsgroup use.
[/quote]

Dude I’ve never had to worry about any of that stuff in my 3 or 4 years of using Usenet. It’s a very rare occasion that I have to use par2 files on anything as well.

Just unrar and enjoy 99.9% of the time.

If you must use Limewire, have at least enough common sense to go with Frostwire instead.

http://www.frostwire.org

I like good ol Rapidshare. No need to download any software, just browse a forum and get your links served on a silver platter.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
I like good ol Rapidshare. No need to download any software, just browse a forum and get your links served on a silver platter.[/quote]

No parallel downloads w/out an account though. The only major downfall to RSing.

I use utorrent as my torrent downloading program with a bunch of different torrent search engine sites. Usually find what I’m looking for rather easily.

If it’s MP3s, whether full album or single tracks I use Soulseek. It’s like old school Napster.

[quote]Magnate wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
I like good ol Rapidshare. No need to download any software, just browse a forum and get your links served on a silver platter.

No parallel downloads w/out an account though. The only major downfall to RSing.[/quote]

I get 3 month accounts, and my friends take turns in buying.

Either way, $10 a month for nearly unlimited downloads of any kind is well worth it.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Magnate wrote:
RSGZ wrote:

No parallel downloads w/out an account though. The only major downfall to RSing.

I get 3 month accounts, and my friends take turns in buying.

Either way, $10 a month for nearly unlimited downloads of any kind is well worth it.[/quote]

You are underestimating how cheap I am.

I’ve never had any problems with bittorrent

What hublist you’re using for DC++?

[quote]Magnate wrote:
You are underestimating how cheap I am.[/quote]

LOL.

I figure I may as well get good, virus and hassle free piracy.

[quote]GetTheHIT wrote:
I use “Ares” never had a problem with it.[/quote]

same here, nice program, very easy to use, everything free