T Nation

Best, Easiest to Use P2P Program?

i am a computer dummy. many many moons ago i used kaza and limewire, but i have not used any p2p for a loong time. any suggestions on an easy, safe one to use? that is, you do not have to be a geek to figure it out and it does not load a bunch of spyware on your system.

Stick with limewire. I haven’t had any problems using it and it has been a long time since I’ve had it.

[quote]Jetric9 wrote:
Stick with limewire. I haven’t had any problems using it and it has been a long time since I’ve had it.[/quote]

x2

As an easy to use P2P system it takes some beating. Simple interface and lots of users = easy downloads and plenty of them.

It’s not my prefered choice (there are faster ways) but even so I still use it occasionally - especially for single music tracks etc.

Limewire :slight_smile:

p2p is rather annoying though for whole albums obviously I use a torrent but as Renton said it’s good for single music tracks.

I use ISOHUNT

steps to using it

1.) go to isohunt dot com
2.) search for “X”
3.) download torrent
4.) install a torrent “downloader”
5.) open isohunt file in “downloader”

yes its a BIT more complicated…but shit its fast! I typically download whole discographies in about 15 min.

in the mean time; foam roll!

Best p2p program in my opinion is dc++ insane dl speed. Download files, movies etc for about 1600kb\s

Don’t use Limewire they have terrible viruses on a lot of that shit.

[quote]GhorigTheBeefy wrote:
Don’t use Limewire they have terrible viruses on a lot of that shit.[/quote]

I’ve seen a handful of viruses when downloading from limewire, but no more than from torrents or other P2P services.

A lot of it is just common sense. Have a good antivirus system on your machine, scan downloads on completetion, don’t download files that are blatantly iffy (trackname.mp3.exe etc).

I use limewire for the majority of music , and some movies, and utorrent for programs. Limewire programs are pretty much all viruses.

Limewire is the worst one you can use. They have spyware built into the program and they will share info.

[quote]Sifu wrote:
Limewire is the worst one you can use. They have spyware built into the program and they will share info.[/quote]

Limewire used to come bundled with spyware/adware systems but hasn’t for quite a while.

I’ve installed it on clean machines then run every spyware / antivirus / malware scanner I could get my hands on and there were no infections.

I suspect most of the stories will be about older versions or stuff that’s been downloaded using limewire, not actually limewire itself.

Limewires probably the easiest to use, DC++ is great for speed.

Edit: I just downloaded Forgetting Sarah Marshall in 2 minutes from my campus’ hub while sitting in class. Time to start watching it now.

I use “Ares” never had a problem with it.

[quote]Renton wrote:
Sifu wrote:
Limewire is the worst one you can use. They have spyware built into the program and they will share info.

Limewire used to come bundled with spyware/adware systems but hasn’t for quite a while.

I’ve installed it on clean machines then run every spyware / antivirus / malware scanner I could get my hands on and there were no infections.

I suspect most of the stories will be about older versions or stuff that’s been downloaded using limewire, not actually limewire itself.[/quote]

Limewire will share user information with copyright holders. If you want to get sued by Sony, BMI, etc… keep on using it. It also contains fedware which is something your spyware programs will not detect.

[quote]Sifu wrote:
Renton wrote:
Sifu wrote:
Limewire is the worst one you can use. They have spyware built into the program and they will share info.

Limewire used to come bundled with spyware/adware systems but hasn’t for quite a while.

I’ve installed it on clean machines then run every spyware / antivirus / malware scanner I could get my hands on and there were no infections.

I suspect most of the stories will be about older versions or stuff that’s been downloaded using limewire, not actually limewire itself.

Limewire will share user information with copyright holders. If you want to get sued by Sony, BMI, etc… keep on using it. It also contains fedware which is something your spyware programs will not detect. [/quote]

Uhhh Usenet anyone?

[quote]Sifu wrote:
Limewire will share user information with copyright holders. If you want to get sued by Sony, BMI, etc… keep on using it. It also contains fedware which is something your spyware programs will not detect. [/quote]

Fedware - interesting read ups. Bugger - another reason to move out of the US.

Maybe everyone should just move to Sealand, if we ask thepiratebay people real nice maybe they’ll install a gym and legalise AAS too. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]ComixGuy wrote:
Uhhh Usenet anyone?
[/quote]

My preferred source of all digital media.

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sex_girls_pictures_hot_pics_photo_women/delete_5?id=1928968&pageNo=0

A good usenet provider, newzbin, and newsleecher is all you need.

For anything relatively new, torrents hands down.

The other clients suck!

I would not touch limewire or kazaa with a 10 foot pole. POS p2p imho.

Best client = utorrent hands down. (I’m guessing you’re using windows which is why I said to use this one.)

[quote]Synthetickiller wrote:
For anything relatively new, torrents hands down.

The other clients suck!

I would not touch limewire or kazaa with a 10 foot pole. POS p2p imho.

Best client = utorrent hands down. (I’m guessing you’re using windows which is why I said to use this one.)[/quote]

I second uTorrent. Very easy to use. Just get on isohunt or pirate bay to find virtually anything you want/need.