Best Damn Workout with Upper/Lower Split?

Hello CT,

Some questions:
a. can the Best Damn workout for natural lifters be used with an upper body/ lower body split?
b. if yes with the same number of exercises per session (i.e. 4-5)?
c. how can Handstands be incorporated?

Love the program

Many Thanks
Costas

Not the way the program is designed. It is designed to maximize the frequency at which you are hitting a muscle group and the push/pull split does a better job that that.

You can use the same “principles” … lower volume, focus on achieving a maximum stimulus with a minimal volume. But I designed the plan with a push/pull split in mind. That is the best option IMHO. If you want to design your own program based on the same principles, fine. But I won’t.

With the program as it is, they can’t.

Handstands are best trained using a strength-skill approach: doing a very high frequency of practice, not anywhere close to failure and with a higher number of sets. It’s more of a skill exercise just like the olympic lifts for example.

Can you add them to the program? Well, I wouldn’t. But if you want to do them, sure. I just cannot guarantee that it will work well. If you decide to do them, they should be done as the beginning of the workout.

BTW sorry if I seem pissy about your questions, and I am. I dislike when other people want to change the programs I write. They are built with a very specific approach in mind and within the principles of that approach it represent the very best option. So NO, I will not show people how to do a worse very of the program. BUT my articles always detail the principles behind a program and if you understand these well enough you should be able to build your own plans.

Thank you Christian for the reply…
Unfortunately every week I am constantly travelling among Croatia, Greece, Bulgaria and Romania. This means I can’t invest for a gym subscription and do mostly rely on bodyweight exercises to workout. I love the program, and your articles overall, especially about for the natural lifters and it is not my intention to change it but it seems I can’t do otherwise.

Thanks
Costas

If you need to rely on bodyweight exercises, it is definitely not the program for you

Ok, thanks for clarifying