Best Damn Workout 3 or 4 Days Per Week?

I’ve been reading lots of good feedback on CT’s “The Best Damn Workout Plan For Natural Lifters”. Just wondering if anyone has been able to convert this into a 3 or 4-day per week schedule while retaining the core principals. If so, what does your plan look like?

I was looking at trying to do the same thing. It might be possible, if you were willing do 8 exercises each workout with 2 exercises per body part. I was thinking of taking Friday - Workout A3 and match it up with same body parts on Monday A1 and do the same with Saturday -Workout B3 and match it up with Tuesday -Workout B1. That would get it down to 4 days. You could possible pick apart the remainder day and divide its parts into the last 3 days.

Here is what I ended up with:

Monday – Workout A1

1. Romanian Deadlift: 2 sets of 6 and one all-out heavy double rest/pause set
  2. Glute Ham Raise or Reverse Hyper: 2 sets of 6 and one maximum mTor activation set
  3. Pronated Lat Pulldown or Pull-Up: 2 sets of 6 and one all-out heavy double rest/pause se
  4. Supinated Lat Pulldown: 2 sets of 6 and one 6-8-10 drop set
  5. Bent-Over Lateral: 2 sets of 8 and one 6-8-10 drop set
  6. Neutral-Grip Cable Seated Row: 2 sets of 6 and one maximum mTor activation set
  7. Standing Barbell Curl: 2 sets of 6 and one all-out heavy double rest/pause set.
  8. Dumbbell Hammer Curl: 2 sets of 6 and one 6-8-10 drop set

Tuesday – Workout B1

1. Front Squat: 2 sets of 6 and one all-out heavy double rest/pause set

2. Bench Press: 2 sets of 6 and one all-out heavy double rest/pause set

3. Incline Bench Press or Incline Dumbbell Press: 2 sets of 6 and one 6-8-10 drop set

4. Dumbbell Lateral Raise: 2 sets of 6 and one 6-8-10 drop set

5. Dumbbell Front Raise on Incline Bench: 2 sets of 6 and one maximum mTor activation

6. Lying Dumbbell Triceps Extension: 2 sets of 6 and one maximum mTor activation set

7. Rope Triceps Extension: 2 sets of 6 and one 6-8-10 drop set

Wednesday – Workout A2

1. Lying Leg Curl: 2 sets of 6 and one 6-8-10 drop set
  2. Leg Extension: 2 sets of 6 and one 6-8-10 drop set
  3. Straight-Arm Pulldown or Dumbbell Pullover: 2 sets of 6 and one maximum mTor
  4. Pec Deck or Cable Crossover: 2 sets of 6 and one maximum mTor activation set
  5. Pronated Chest-Supported Row: 2 sets of 8 and one all-out heavy double rest/pause set
  6. Military Press or Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 2 sets of 6 and one all-out heavy double rest/pause set
  7. Preacher Curl: 2 sets of 6 and one maximum mTor activation set
  8. Close-Grip Decline Bench Press or Dip: 2 sets of 6 and one all-out heavy double rest/pause set

Thanks for the reply tootall. I think you hit on the difficulty of converting this into a 3 or 4-day per week program. The whole premise is achieving an effective dose of stimulation while minimizing cortisol levels. Doubling the per-workout volume on a 3-day schedule will achieve the same weekly volume as the original plan, but I suspect it will have a negative effect on cortisol levels. Not to mention you’d be too exhausted after your RDLs to do put in much effort on the GHRs. Seems like you have 2 options. For a 4-day plan, do the workout as stated, but spread the 6 workouts over 1.5 weeks instead of 1. So you’d be hitting each muscle twice per week. For a 3-day plan, you’d have to do full-body. Combining the full push workout with the full pull workout into in a single session would be too much though… especially when you consider the intensification techniques. So what do you do?

The program as designed is not built to be done 3-4 days a week. It is based on the principle of high frequency, and the tradeoff is a lower volume. If you train less often you can’t hit each muscle as often and as such the low volume wont work as well

1 Like

Audio Visual Technologist