Best DAMN Star Trek trailer - possibly EVER

Oh and anyone gonna watch tonight’s (Friday) premiere of “Firefly”? Joss Whedon’s (creator of Buffy, Angel, and just all out extraordinarily talented individual) new series? I’m taping it. Looks to be another great series by Whedon and another good sci fi/fantasy entry for TV.

BTW: Just saw that Michael Chabon, you know, a Pulitzer Prize winning writer, will be taking over the scripting duties of "The Amazing Spider-Man" - which is the new OFFICIAL title of "Spider-Man 2". This is definitely good news!

…your secret about the opening scene. I know you don’t owe us anything but I need to know what you know. I’m begging you please.

…there’s a wedding at the beginning. And the entire crew is there. It’s of TWO fellow crew members. And they are main characters.

They’re really good. I have the first season of stargate on dvd. It’s actually a really good show that I don’t think gets enough sci fi press. Total recall 2070 was really good, but to tell you the truth, I didn’t see it too often either. I think they only had one season. It might have been due to the fact that it only came on at 3 am on Saturday here on the East Coast. That cleopatra 2525 your talking about was only good as filler before that show with Bruce Campbell. On a side note, was that traci lords on that show? And yeah, DS9 was real gritty. and did a lot of cool episodes the others didn’t. Where I like that TNG did the whole exploration/politics the best (and I’ve always wanted to be an astronaut), DS9 was the best for straight politics and plot twists. And I loved the Cardassians (sp). Garek was the best (and he was a great villian in Dirty Harry).

They’re really good. I have the first season of stargate on dvd. It’s actually a really good show that I don’t think gets enough sci fi press. Total recall 2070 was really good, but to tell you the truth, I didn’t see it too often either. I think they only had one season. It might have been due to the fact that it only came on at 3 am on Saturday here on the East Coast. That cleopatra 2525 your talking about was only good as filler before that show with Bruce Campbell. On a side note, was that traci lords on that show? And yeah, DS9 was real gritty. and did a lot of cool episodes the others didn’t. Where I like that TNG did the whole exploration/politics the best (and I’ve always wanted to be an astronaut), DS9 was the best for straight politics and plot twists. And I loved the Cardassians (sp). Garek was the best (and he was a great villian in Dirty Harry).

Well, I don’t think the wedding is any surprise – I’m betting it’s the wedding of Worf and Troi, alluded to in the series finale. Of course, that would make the consumation interesting (Klingon sex – remember when Q offered Worf a Klingon woman who was hot for him?).

So if it isn’t Troi that gets offed, I’m stumped. Could be virtually any one.

And as for DS9 – I lost interest in that one quite some time ago. While I think it had a couple of good characters (Nana Visitor and Armin Shimerman), I thought the location and story lines got tired. And the loved interest between Rene Auberjonois and Majel Barret – just wrong. But those are just my opinions…

One other piece of trivia for real Trekkies – Brent Spiner put out an album that featured a lot of the STNG cast. Any one care to tell us the title? I know, but let’s see who else does.

brider: wasn’t the title of that album something like, “Old Yellow Eyes” (a sly reference to Data’s eyes)? Also, it is NOT Worf and Troi who are getting married.

Close, Patricia. It was “The Return of Old Yellow Eyes,” and they did a lot of old Frank Sinatra stuff. Johnny Frakes plays trombone, and many of the rest of the cast do back-up vocals.

And if it isn’t Worf and Troi, maybe it’s Picard and Vash? I don’t know. I’m so confused now…

brider: Close, but NO cigar :slight_smile:

SPOILER: Who's getting married? Read below at YOUR own risk:

Ryker and Troi.

Bronx, I did catch some of that Cleopatra show. Brainless entertainment, that's for sure.

Ryker?!?!? Okay, I know the series had them with a past (and as I read it, failed) relationship that didn’t work, and that Ryker was the one who hadn’t let it go. And it also left with some SERIOUS chemistry going between Worf and Troi (started with that ridiculuos multiple-reality episode). And that the finale had some big bad blood between Ryker and Worf over Troi and her death. So where did the Ryker thing come from? Hopefully they’ll explain THAT.

Well, Ryker and Troi hooked up (I should say, re-hooked up) at the end of the last movie, didn’t they? Or maybe they alluded to it - I can’t remember exactly how it went. But it doesn’t seem like a surprise to me.

And remember that in DS9, Worf was an item with Terry Farrell’s Trill character (god, I forgot her name! I know I’ll remember it later…). So, that wasn’t following along the lines of continuity either.

OK all you wanna be trekkies… Here is the real deal. First, Ryker is spelled RIKER. Next, Troi and Riker hooked up about 8 years before the last episode of TNG about a year before the farpoint mission. This took place in the Jalara Jungle when they were being chased by a bunch of bad dudes (read ‘Imzadi’ by Peter David). Riker and Troi are Imzadi’s which is a betazoid word for ‘first ones’…on an emotional sense or basically soul mates. Anyways that is why they are back together at the end of insurrection cause the writers realized that it would be retarded if Worf and Troi hooked up. OK, I have to go shoot up extra steroids now to clense myself of the ‘ultra nerdy PorchDawg’ feeling I have right now…Laters all

Yeah, please do you little nerdy E-man! lol. Actually, It clears up a lot. Well, not really if you look at all the alternate time line episodes they did. Which actually clears it up anyway, as it does happen (Worf and Troi), just not in the timeline you are travelling in.`Sorry, just wanted to show I pay attention.