Best Damn Diet: Zero Carb or Super-Low Carb Breakfast?

You talk about a breakfast with protein and fats. Are you really suggesting zero carbs or just super low carbs? I have a smoothie for breakfast every day. I can easily remove the fruit, but I put peanut butter and avocados. Both have a small amount of carbs. My whey protein powder also has a small amount of carbs. Thanks!

You don’t need zero carbs. Something like 40% protein / 40% fats /20% carbs is fine

1 Like

Similar question, should Type 3 individuals spread carbs out more during the day to temper cortisol, while keeping the majority of them around workout and night?

Coach , As for the 2A, they are better with 3 meals a day, this article can still be followed, or adapt?

En ce qui concerne les 2A , ils sont mieux avec 3 repas par jour , cet article peut quand même être suivi , ou l’adapter ?

Sure, you just follow the basic concepts, nutrients timing and quanitites but spread over fewer meals

Yep, but you don’t need much carbs to minimize cortisol during the day anyway… 15-20g of complex carbs is enough to maintaint blood sugar levels and minimize cortisol production

Could you give food examples of good fats and proteins to eat. For proteins I eat a lot of whole eggs and chicken and red meat and tuna.
For fats I could use some help. I have used extra virgin olive oil in protein shakes but would.like food examples to add to my diet. Thank u

Avocado (and avocado oil)
Egg yolk
Pumpkins seeds
Salmon
Walnuts
Peanuts
Almonds
Pine nuts
Pecans
Virgin olive oil
Sesame seed oil
Dark chocolate (like, really dark)
Butter
Extra Virgin Coconut oil
Fish oil

1 Like

Thanks

You could’ve found it all out by readings T-Nation. Just, search for fat and dig in.