T Nation

Best Cutting/Training/Diet Program

What’s up everybody. i’m about to start cutting and i’m going through a lot of the cutting training and diet programs and I’m just wondering the different programs people have used and had success with. these can have been used independently (as in just the training program or just the nutrition program) or together. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

[quote]CS wrote:
…I’m just wondering the different programs people have used and had success with…[/quote]

My personal favorite, time-tested program has been:
1 - Move a little more.
2 - Eat a little less.
3 - Do neither to an extreme.

As for specifics, I think you’ll get a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide variety of opinions. Your best bet will probably be to grab whatever workout routine catches your eye, grab any nutrition plan that seems like you could stick with it, toss them both in a blender, and drink 4 times a week.

I’m going on the Velocity Diet make sure you take a look at it. One of the best diets for rapid weight loss.

[quote]Minotaur wrote:
CS wrote:
…I’m just wondering the different programs people have used and had success with…

My personal favorite, time-tested program has been:
1 - Move a little more.
2 - Eat a little less.
3 - Do neither to an extreme.

As for specifics, I think you’ll get a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide variety of opinions. Your best bet will probably be to grab whatever workout routine catches your eye, grab any nutrition plan that seems like you could stick with it, toss them both in a blender, and drink 4 times a week.[/quote]

haha. that was a great answer. that is actually the plan i usually use but i just wanted to get some other opinions. thanks.

General tips on moving more (without overtraining):

Briskly walk for 45 minutes uphill on a T-mill or outdoors before breakfast every weekday. Just a half scoop protein and coffee may help as you wake up and aid fat loss, too.

Use a pedometer to check if you start moving around less in general as the diet phase progresses.
(Perhaps search for “Calorie Draining Techniques” at top of screen)

Tips on eating less:
Prepare for the natural rise in evening cravings with a premptive strike. Chill sugar free gelatin in the fridge as soon as home from work.

Mix fibrous veggies into everything you can at dinner time. Lots of great dishes result with lower kcal!
(Perhaps search for “Calorie Dilution Techniques”)

What’s a Velocity diet? I’m trying to get lean ASAP as well.

[quote]Lonnie Lowery wrote:

Briskly walk for 45 minutes uphill on a T-mill or outdoors before breakfast every weekday. Just a half scoop protein and coffee may help as you wake up and aid fat loss, too.

Use a pedometer to check if you start moving around less in general as the diet phase progresses.

Tips on eating less:
Prepare for the natural rise in evening cravings with a premptive strike. Chill sugar free gelatin in the fridge as soon as home from work.

Mix fibrous veggies into everything you can at dinner time. Lots of great dishes result with lower kcal!
[/quote]

thanks for the reply Lonnie. while i have you how much should you initially drop your calories and if you’re not getting results how long should you wait before the next drop in calories?

[quote]garland_havisham wrote:
What’s a Velocity diet? I’m trying to get lean ASAP as well.[/quote]

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=546491

theres the link for the V Diet. On the other hand think long and hard before going on it. Its a great diet but honestly if you don’t already have a plan in mind or a program I kinda think maybe your not ready for the V diet and something more gradual like the T-Dawg 2.0 would be better suited for you.

This diet is in my opinion the best on the site mostly because its so simple and allows for alot of variations in food choices and micronutrient ratios.

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=243tdawg2

As far as training goes…something by CW always works for me.Heavy compound lifts are the only way to go.You also could try so of the programs CT recommends in his Beast Evolves and Mutation Series articles.

[quote]Lonnie Lowery wrote:

Tips on eating less:

[/quote]

LL,

would a caffiene pill be a good substitute for coffee at 200 mg ?

[quote]K-Narf wrote:
garland_havisham wrote:
What’s a Velocity diet? I’m trying to get lean ASAP as well.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=546491

theres the link for the V Diet. On the other hand think long and hard before going on it. Its a great diet but honestly if you don’t already have a plan in mind or a program I kinda think maybe your not ready for the V diet and something more gradual like the T-Dawg 2.0 would be better suited for you.

This diet is in my opinion the best on the site mostly because its so simple and allows for alot of variations in food choices and micronutrient ratios.

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=243tdawg2

As far as training goes…something by CW always works for me.Heavy compound lifts are the only way to go.You also could try so of the programs CT recommends in his Beast Evolves and Mutation Series articles.

[/quote]

not to be a dick because i do appreciate your input but i didn’t mean to make it sound like i was a beginner at this. i’ve been lifting seriously for about seven years now. i’m currently 6’2" and about 275lbs. i don’t know my bf for sure but i have a scale that says it’s 17%. i would say it’s a little more than that. i want to lose about 25lbs since i don’t really have any reason to be that big. i was just trying to get some input from others. i do have a plan. again not trying to be disrespectful but i just wanted some opinions.

I followed what Jeff willet and skip lacour do on another site. it worked well and is a pretty strick diet. I lost some muscle though but it was expected at my “personal training” gym. I am back at it in a real gym with iron and platforms. hopefully I will gain back my 10lbs i lost from the year before. HT: 6’1, WT: 203

[quote]CS wrote:

garland_havisham wrote:

not to be a dick because i do appreciate your input but i didn’t mean to make it sound like i was a beginner at this. i’ve been lifting seriously for about seven years now. i’m currently 6’2" and about 275lbs. i don’t know my bf for sure but i have a scale that says it’s 17%. i would say it’s a little more than that. i want to lose about 25lbs since i don’t really have any reason to be that big. i was just trying to get some input from others. i do have a plan. again not trying to be disrespectful but i just wanted some opinions.
[/quote]

In that case I think the V-Diet would be good if ya think you can handle it.I haven’t tried it yet but alot of people like it. As far as training I don’t think you could ever go wrong with anything from Chad Waterbury.TBT is probably my personal favorite…