Best Concert Experience?

Alright everyone best, was just wondering what your best concert was ever? I just went to a GWAR concert last night and by God that was the most amazing show Ive seen in a long time. From a musical stand point I’ve seen shows I have liked more but damn these guys are talented and from a pure show perspective I don’t think Ive seen another concert with a similar shock factor. So does anyone have any good concert stories?

Pantera.

Sorry man, GWAR is the KISS of today…Great shows maybe, but I can count the number
of Great songs of both of those bands together on the fingers of one hand.

Best Concerts with GREAT Songs AND great shows I’ve seen were: Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Queen, and Rush.
Growing up with such Classic stuff, everything else that came after was just “All Hat and No Cattle”.

Yeah I hear ya on that, Its not bad though. I wouldnt count on them climbing the charts anytime soon but they are decently talented musicians. There was another Richmond band there called Kepone that was shockingly good which makes up for it a bit.

Never been to a concert, but I would love to see Coldplay in concert. Has anyone ever been to one of their shows??

I’m not generally a fan of coldplay just because thats not my style of music but, I did go see them with my mom for her birthday and they are really good live. I ended up singing along with the songs and its a pretty good show. They sound just as good live as they do on the radio.

Yeah man, I actually like Coldplay, I’m more ol’ School though, and there ain’t much
out there now that is gonna be remembered 30 years from now.

Disturbed concert in 09

Dude with one arm whoopin ass in the pit

Pink Floyd…Division Bell , Camp Randall , Wisconsin . 18 years ago and still my neck-hair stands up when I think about it .

and by an almost indistinguishable amount , second place would go to Roger Waters…The Wall revisited . Chicago , 2010 .

a direct comparison of the 2 performances reveals the artistic differences between Waters and Gilmour .

[quote]minman50 wrote:
I’m not generally a fan of coldplay just because thats not my style of music but, I did go see them with my mom for her birthday and they are really good live. I ended up singing along with the songs and its a pretty good show. They sound just as good live as they do on the radio.[/quote]

That’s cool! I will definitely have to go see one eventually.

The concert was…

1.) The Faceless
2.) Dying Fetus
3.) Cannibal Corpse

Fucking AWESOME.

[quote]minman50 wrote:
I’m not generally a fan of coldplay just because thats not my style of music but, I did go see them with my mom for her birthday and they are really good live. I ended up singing along with the songs and its a pretty good show. They sound just as good live as they do on the radio.[/quote]

Coldplay was good. U2 was good too, but by far my favorite concert experience has been Mutemath, I’ve seen them 3x so far live, they put on an incredible show. A friend of mine saw Muse and Interpol as well, but much preferred Mutemath live. highly recommended if you can see them live

1997: Rage Against the Machine and the Wu-Tang Clan

1999: Rage Against the Machine and Gang Starr

2007: Rage Against the Machine, Wu-Tang Clan, Cypress Hill, Public Enemy, The Roots, Nas, Hieroglyphics

1997: Jimmy Page and Robert Plant

2000: NIN and A Perfect Circle

Beastie Boys. They put on such an amazing show! Guys walking about in space suits and shit like that. Had a 20 piece samba band on stage at one point. Never seen a show like it.

Husker Du 1988 Philly

Soundgarden 1990 @ Trenton City Gardens

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote

[/quote]

aw man I am jealous of that one!

Sigh

One month and two days ago…

Around 9:00pm…

The BEST night of my ENTIRE life began.

Red Hot Chili Peppers.

THey rocked, they funked.
I stood the entire time with my hand placed atop my heart, feeling these overwhelming feelings of love and complete and utter happiness.

I downloaded the concert from their website a few days ago and it’s super cool cause you can hear the audience cheering and singing along in the back gound. Which IS ME! I am technically a noise on those recordings.
Sometimes I put on my noise cancelling headphones and tuck myself under my covers, I close my eyes and imagine I’m still there…

RHCP and Snoop Dogg, Charlotte, NC around 2004

Iron Maiden and Alice Cooper was a great show Marshfield, MA 2012

QOTSA Myrtle Beach, SC 2003

Them Crooked Vultures Boston, MA 2009

Best One I Missed: Talking Heads, Stop Making Sense, 1984 Tour. I had tickets to what would have been my first concert and by all accounts one of the the greatest tours of all time, but pulled some major shit and the folks gave my tickets to my sister as a punishment.

I saw Bad Religion in a small venue in Seattle the night the first ground war in Iraq started. It was probably the craziest and coolest vibe I’ve ever experienced at a show–fever-pitched and full of electricity the whole night. It was even wilder than when the riot started when the cops shut down the Gorilla Gardens with the Circle Jerks headlining circa 1985, or when me and a few friends donned suits, Reagan, Nixon, and Ford masks for some stage diving at Seven Seconds, D.R.I., and the Insolents (and a few others) in a small club in Olympia, Wa, circa 1987.

One of may favorite concerts of all time was Rush at the Starplex in Dallas about 10 years ago. I went with a group of compulsive gamblers and won several thousand dollars betting on the set list. I hit a huge pot with “first three words out of Getty’s mouth,” which was “begin the day” that came after an opening instrumental medley worked its way into “Spirit of the Radio.” I hit several mid-set side bets with odds, first song after intermission, and one of the two encore songs. That was a fun time.

Probably the most surprising show was Tenacious D a few years back at the Bronco Bowl in Dallas. Just Jack Black, K.G., and a stage hand, and they freaking rocked, and I mean rocked, the house. My buddy said they had a full set of pros supporting them at their most recent tour as well, and he said their last tour was even better.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Husker Du 1988 Philly

[/quote]

I guess I’m older than you. I saw Husker Du circa 1985 in Seattle at the Gorilla Gardens, great show. I loved Land Speed Record.