Best Combat Movie

[quote]Anonymity wrote:

I think you are referring to “Undefeatable”.[/quote]

YES!! I love the pirate noises and the unnecessary removal of clothing.

Kick Boxer… say it when I was 4 years old with my parents.

After the movie I was like bouncing off the walls kicking and punching…

Kickboxer training scene

The Young Master

Zatoichi is awesome for its fights if you like weapons

here is an old school ver compliation

From what I remember Jet Li’s Kiss of the Dragon was a pretty damn good one

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
Bloodsport, starring noted thespian Jean-Claude Van Damme…

Realistic? Hell no. Homoerotic? Disturbingly so. Really could have done without seeing JCVD in his red undies.

Amazing film though, which if nothing else urges the viewer that when life deals you a shitty hand, give it a flying split kick.

[/quote]

Van Dam must go through about 4 different haircuts during the movie.

The scene were he sits with his master who is grieving for his dead son. That scene can turn anyone gay.

Stellar movie. Quite a heavyweight cast as well for a straight to video flick… Forrest Whittaker, The big guy from Revenge of the nerds…

From what I remember Jet Li’s Kiss of the Dragon was a pretty damn good one

Way of the Dragon, end fight scene Bruce lee vs Norris

The Protector…but yeah that final Fight Scene wasss…welll epic

The fighting is not realistic at all, but every time Kung Fu Hustle is on I have to watch it. Some good fights and LOLz in that movie.

WWVD

[quote]Jack Urboady wrote:

The scene were he sits with his master who is grieving for his dead son. That scene can turn anyone gay.

Stellar movie. Quite a heavyweight cast as well for a straight to video flick… Forrest Whittaker, The big guy from Revenge of the nerds… [/quote]

Yes…Ray Jackson, portrayed by acclaimed Shakespearean actor Donald Gibb (who also had the role of “Ogre” in ROTN). “Hey babe, wanna go out with a real big man? No huh? Too handsome for you huh honey?!”…such a great line.

Stellar movie. Quite a heavyweight cast as well for a straight to video flick… Forrest Whittaker, The big guy from Revenge of the nerds… [/quote]

Yes…Ray Jackson, portrayed by acclaimed Shakespearean actor Donald Gibb (who also had the role of “Ogre” in ROTN). “Hey babe, wanna go out with a real big man? No huh? Too handsome for you huh honey?!”…such a great line.

[/quote]

Ha my fave line is

“He is American shithead who makes tricks with bricks”

Bloodsport, starring noted thespian Jean-Claude Van Damme…

Realistic? Hell no. Homoerotic? Disturbingly so. Really could have done without seeing JCVD in his red undies.

Amazing film though, which if nothing else urges the viewer that when life deals you a shitty hand, give it a flying split kick.

[/quote]

Kumi-te! Kumi-Te!

God, I loved that movie.

An little-known gem is Drive, starring Mark Dacascos and Kadeem Hardison. Yes, Dwayne Wayne from “A Different World”. It’s pretty clearly inspired by Jackie Chan’s stuff, since there’s a fair bit of humor injected even into the fighting. It’s got a fairly similar dynamic to Rush Hour, but it actually came out a year prior.

I will note, though, that while the Hardison character is generally more interesting/less irritating than the Chris Tucker character in Rush Hour, there is a different character who inspires…mixed reactions. There’s a bit of all of it in the linked clip.

While not a fight movie, per se, Old Boy had one of the most impressive and realistic fights (in regards to how the people involved would be acting) I’ve ever seen (also, it was filmed in one take, which makes it cooler)

For the lol’s, I think a film called Riki O is pretty awesome.

[quote]kellerdp wrote:
For the lol’s, I think a film called Riki O is pretty awesome.[/quote]

I seen that years ago. It never even had subtitles however I felt compelled to watch due to the violence on offer.

Old Boy was ill! Jet Li’s Once upon a time in China series was great, The Rock taking on the offensive line in the Rundown , but my favorite will always be Bruce Vs. Chuck in Return of the Dragon

“You break my record, now I break you. Like I break your friend.” Bolo Yeung was the shit.

[quote]jeauxford wrote:
The Rock taking on the offensive line in the Rundown , [/quote]

Agreed. The opening scene of that movie has enough ballz to be a movie by itself.

I used to love “Best of the Best” back in my karate kicking days