Best Cardio For Avid Weight Lifters

[quote]E99_Curt wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:
My main source of cardio, and something that I loved playing before I got into lifting…

Fuck yeah. Such good cardio.

That, and Prowler sprints… blech.[/quote]

ha! I used to play DDR like 4 times a week in high school. i need a shower after that shit… it’s hard work lol.

nowadays, i like ultimate frisbee, racquetball, and 12oz curls as active rest while golfing.[/quote]

DDR are the ultimate anaerobic workout if play on two players on hard. hehe

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I’ll bet when you walk past the cereal boxes at the supermarket, the shredded wheat gets jealous.
[/quote]

LOL. Nice.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I’ll bet when you walk past the cereal boxes at the supermarket, the shredded wheat gets jealous.
[/quote]

I’ll bet when you walk past the cereal boxes at the supermarket, the Lucky Charms yells “Cousin!”

:wink:

I love going to clubs, I don’t do house music, but the workout I get on Saturdays grinding & dancing in a club to top 40 or hip hop or whatever usually leaves my legs sore and my core drained.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Sex.[/quote]

GOD THANK YOU!
I was going to freak out if this wasn’t posted.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Sex.[/quote]

GOD THANK YOU!
I was going to freak out if this wasn’t posted.[/quote]

I’d grind on your booty.

^ I’d watch

best cardio ever

The embarassment from what a terrible dancer I am isn’t worth the cardio workout! Aha

Walking my dog…

/sigh, I’m so dull.

rowing

Front Squats.

Actually I’ve been thinking of buying inline speed skates (roller not ice) as there’s a local club by me but just never did. The local distributor wasn’t very friendly and as he was also the coach of the team I decided not to go out of my way for it.

I’m thinking about joining a Bachata class now although it would mean changing my routine since the class is the same day as my bench day.

Haha, awesome. I’m glad there’s others who can appreciate the DDR.

I still maintain it’s probably one of the best forms of cardio, ever. 1.5-2 minutes of pure insanity (if you’re good enough) with a little break to choose songs in between. Or, if you need a break, you can put it on a 7-8 footer for what I like to call “steady state,” lol.

It’s too bad it has such a steep learning curve to get legitimately good at it, though.

hill sprints, basketball, jacobs ladder

I dance salsa (bachata and kizomba too, but those are quite slow compared to salsa) and some online calculators say that, with my weight, I burn around 400 kcal per hour.

I’m currently “beginner bulking” (4.5-5lb per month) and I’m eating 750kcal (3350 now) above my maintenance to be able to keep that growing rhythm. I dance 2-4 times a week, between 1 and 3 hours (almost non-stop), so I could try some calculations to see how accurate this number is.

[quote]Broseph21 wrote:
The embarassment from what a terrible dancer I am isn’t worth the cardio workout! Aha[/quote]

That’s why you get drunk beforehand, nobody cares afterward, haha.

I burned so many cals yesterday.

[quote]SSC wrote:

I still maintain it’s probably one of the best forms of cardio, ever. 1.5-2 minutes of pure insanity (if you’re good enough) with a little break to choose songs in between. Or, if you need a break, you can put it on a 7-8 footer for what I like to call “steady state,” lol.

It’s too bad it has such a steep learning curve to get legitimately good at it, though.[/quote]

talk about STEEP learning curve

[quote]kaisermetal wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:

It’s too bad it has such a steep learning curve to get legitimately good at it, though.[/quote]

talk about STEEP learning curve

Lol, god I hate that shit. 9 and 10-footers or fail.

one day, i’ll have one of that shit at my room, then cardio will be easy.