T Nation

Best Business Biographies

After reading the Steve Jobs Bio I’m interested in reading something else similar. I want something about truly unique and ambitious entrepreneurs. People who dared to think really big.

Any recommendations ?

Larry Flynt

I just finished up “The Last Sultan” about Ahmet Ertegun, founder of Atlantic Records. Basically the guy who brought us Ray Charles, Led Zeppelin, etc.

I just Read Kevin O’Leary’s book “Cold, Hard, Truth”. Real good too.

I read Felix Dennis’ book a few years back. Media/Magazine mogul who started from zero.

Alwaleed by riz khan
Snowball on warren buffet
Losing my virginity by Richard branson

If your into the whole social networking/ Facebook thing, I recommend “The Accidental Billionaires.” It’s the factual story about the founding of facebook; it is shadier and more political than you could have imagined.

I forget the name but I think its called “Ted” or something. Its about Ted Turner, the guy who owns the Braves and TBS. Really interesting how he got where he is.

I haven’t read any specific biographies just constantly read about him during my studies. He’s not an entrepreneur either but the former CEO of GE- Jack Welch.

Profits rose 4000% at GE during his tenure.

[quote]Houston07 wrote:
If your into the whole social networking/ Facebook thing, I recommend “The Accidental Billionaires.” It’s the factual story about the founding of facebook; it is shadier and more political than you could have imagined. [/quote]

You could just watch the movie…

Marzouk- like any great book, the movie doesn’t do it justice. Nor is it completely accurate.

Maverick by Ricardo Semler
Way of the Turtle
Market Wizards and New market Wizards by Jack Schwager
The Greatest Trade ever