Best Book You Have Read?

[quote]overstand wrote:
I read some books by Abercrombie (can’t remember the name right now, the ones about Ninefingers) and thought they were pretty good. I found them googling “books like A Game of Thrones”, which I’m sure you’ve heard about but if you haven’t read they are great books.

Another similar series I found is called “Prince of Nothing” by Scott Bakker. I think he is the best technical writer of all 3 (Abercrombie, George RR Martin and Abercrombie), and the stories were really good and well written. It just really pissed me off because the main character was a pretty legit dude and he just never caught a break. When the little guy gets stepped on, I want to see him come back and whoop some ass. In Prince of Nothing the little guy gets stepped, then he gets shit on, then he gets his nose rubbed in it and the assholes never get their due. [/quote]

I love Abercrombies characters. There all batshit crazy. Did you happen to read “The first Law” trilogy?
Ye I’ve read all but the latest Game of thrones, and thats how I found Joe Abercrombie aswell.

hmm, prince of nothing sounds pretty good to. My to read list is growing lol

[quote]pgtips wrote:
Whats your favourite book / series of books you have read?

My Favourite book of the many I have read is - The Heroes by Joe Abercrombie. I Love all his other books aswell.[/quote]

The Harry Potter series…and I prefer non-fiction.

My favorite book and the one I have read more than any other is “The Great Gatsby”. I have read it too many times to count.

[quote]pgtips wrote:
Another excelent book I’ve read is “I am Legend” by Richard Matheson. The Film Really does not do it justice. In fact all it does is borrow its name.
It pretty much turned my view of what a monster is on its head. [/quote]

True. They did a great job of editing out the main point of the book.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]pgtips wrote:
Another excelent book I’ve read is “I am Legend” by Richard Matheson. The Film Really does not do it justice. In fact all it does is borrow its name.

[/quote]

Was still an OK film (I only really liked the dog) but yea, completely missed the point

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pgtips wrote:
Whats your favourite book / series of books you have read?

My Favourite book of the many I have read is - The Heroes by Joe Abercrombie. I Love all his other books aswell.[/quote]

The Harry Potter series…and I prefer non-fiction.[/quote]

I loved the Harry Potter books. Started reading them in Middle school, and always wished I was at Hogwarts instead! haha

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
It’s really difficult to name just ONE best book you’ve ever read. But “The Old Man and the Sea” comes close for me.

Singular character battling nature, himself, and seemingly insurmountable odds.[/quote]

Yeah, and its a short book.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Edgy wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

ahahahahahahahahaahahahaahahahaahahahaha

lololololololololololoololololololol

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

my, arent you a stout one, Derek -

[quote]Edgy wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Edgy wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

ahahahahahahahahaahahahaahahahaahahahaha

lololololololololololoololololololol

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

my, arent you a stout one, Derek -
[/quote]

Great Levers

[quote]pgtips wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]pgtips wrote:

[/quote]

Was still an OK film (I only really liked the dog) but yea, completely missed the point[/quote]

On its own merits, it was a decent movie. The dog was the best part because the dog was the most faithful to the book, but it was the third attempt at filming it.

depends. From a purely entertainment point the recent Hulk Hogan book, couldn’t put it down.

but I mainly read informational books:

Fast Food Nation might be my favorite in that realm, though other books have had a larger impact on me, info wise.

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - Jonathan Safran Foer

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter Thompson
Harlot’s Ghost by Norman Mailer
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:
My favorite book and the one I have read more than any other is “The Great Gatsby”. I have read it too many times to count.[/quote]

Great book. If you enjoyed that you’d probably like Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier.

Tuesdays with Morrie.

I read this book series about some vampires and werewolves… there was a love triangle with this human girl but I cant remember what it was called.

They were really good.

[quote]gregron wrote:
I read this book series about some vampires and werewolves… there was a love triangle with this human girl but I cant remember what it was called.

They were really good.[/quote]

LOL

http://wtfcontent.com/img/130192309344.jpg

[quote]pgtips wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

LOL

http://wtfcontent.com/img/130192309344.jpg [/quote]

have you read it? It was pretty sweet.

The one vampire dude had to bite his half vampire/half human baby out of his human wifes stomach because he was eating her from the inside and was trapped inside kevlar placenta… pretty siiiiiick!

The Vampire Diaries?

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]pgtips wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

LOL

http://wtfcontent.com/img/130192309344.jpg [/quote]

have you read it? It was pretty sweet.

The one vampire dude had to bite his half vampire/half human baby out of his human wifes stomach because he was eating her from the inside and was trapped inside kevlar placenta… pretty siiiiiick![/quote]

Haha my bullshit detector is going crazy right now.

It is Twilight?

Nah I’ve never read any of them. I have a massive Prejudice against the books for no apparent reason.