T Nation

Best Book on BBing Nutrition?

What would you suggest?

I read ridiculous amounts of information online but I can’t take a computer everywhere.

Well, considering the site we’re on, I would say that it couldn’t hurt reading “The Testosterone Advantage Plan.”

I have no idea if it’s the best, but it IS the first book that’s gotten me on track and kept me on track. Plus, it features a decent amount of science and research behind its claims. The food tastes good, and you’re not gonna go hungry.

My personal testimony? Well, I haven’t measured body fat, but in seven weeks of training, I’ve managed to lose six inches from three different areas around my stomach (love handles, belt line, hips/butt) and all the while nearly maintained my same body weight.

I started the program at 194 pounds and weighed in today at 192. In terms of areas where I don’t want to lose muscle, I haven’t. My arms, legs, chest, etc. have either stayed the same or grown a touch. (It’s weird, my wife says my body looks and feels better, but I haven’t necessarily put a ton of size on). Perhaps I’ve added muscle where fat once lived???

Of all things good about “The Testosterone Advantage Plan,” I will say this. You WILL make strength gains – that’s guaranteed – and you’ll agree once you read the testimonies in the book and try the program.

Hope this helps!

Nutrient Timing: The Future of Sports Nutrition by John Ivy & Robert Portman. Amazing book, gives tons of studies supporting their carb/protein drink peri workout and post workout.

Gives meal plans, explains all about anabolic and catabolic hormones. They talk about supplements and some physiology as well. It concentrates alot on Insulin. Also John Berardi pitched in on the book.

The Anabolic Index.

It contains the most advanced information in a very user-friendly and applicable format.

[quote]David Barr wrote:
The Anabolic Index.

It contains the most advanced information in a very user-friendly and applicable format.[/quote]

You need to work on that Google ranking. I Googled The Anabolic Index (without and without surrounding quotes) and found a few blurbs on T-Nation, but nowhere to order the book.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
David Barr wrote:
The Anabolic Index.

It contains the most advanced information in a very user-friendly and applicable format.

You need to work on that Google ranking. I Googled The Anabolic Index (without and without surrounding quotes) and found a few blurbs on T-Nation, but nowhere to order the book. [/quote]

I could be mistaken, but I think thats Davids way of being funny. the book have been in the works for ages it seems and we all keep pestering him to bring it out!

Precision Nutrition by by Dr. John Berardi. Definately the best, even comes with a website.

www.precisionnutrition.com

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:

You need to work on that Google ranking.[/quote]

LMAO Seriously!

It’ll get up there once the site is all done and the manuals are in production.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:

I could be mistaken, but I think thats Davids way of being funny. the book have been in the works for ages it seems and we all keep pestering him to bring it out![/quote]

Yeah, it’s been taking forever, but it’s in the hands of the editors (again).

Never again will I make a prediction about how long something of this magnitude will take.

(It’ll be out within a month. Promise.)