Best Bodypart Order For 5 Day Split

Although it only hits everything directly once per week, I’ve used the following split before:

Monday: Hamstrings, Calves
Tuesday: Deltoids, Lats
Wednesday: Triceps, Biceps, Forearms
Thursday: Rest / Active Recovery
Friday: Quadriceps, Abdominals
Saturday: Pectorals, Trapezius
Sunday: Rest

I liked this set-up with Coach Staley’s EDT system.

Hope this helps.

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
maraudermeat wrote:
the perfect split…

monday- ME bench
tuesday- rest
wendsday - ME squat/dead
Thursday-GPP
Friday-rest
Saturday-DE/RE
Sunday-rest

meat

That has worked great for me in the past. And from the pictures of what looks like 585 on your back and in your hands, I’d assume it has worked well for you too. [/quote]

I posted that “split” as kind of a joke. considering the OP was asking about body part splits. but you are right, it has done wonders for me. I’m now hitting a 700 squat and low 700’s dead. on my RE days and accessory work, I’m hitting high rep stuff to increase mass. I get the best of both worlds- mass and strength.

thanks,
meat

[quote]DION88 wrote:
when people w/o with a split routine like the ones posted do they go ointo the gym with a plan to do a certain amount of set/reps for each exercises/bodypart? or if it is chest/triceps day does one just w/o until they are fried? I notice that at my gym this is how most people lift. [/quote]

I don’t think anyone who knows what they are doing walks into the gym without a plan. In fact, I (and I assume most others) know what I will be doing in the gym 5-6 months from now. Having no long term as well as short term plans is asking for failure, in my opinion.

[quote]DION88 wrote:
when people w/o with a split routine like the ones posted do they go ointo the gym with a plan to do a certain amount of set/reps for each exercises/bodypart? or if it is chest/triceps day does one just w/o until they are fried? I notice that at my gym this is how most people lift. [/quote]

as far as i go, i always have a clear plan of what i’m doing…i know i’m gonna do at least this many exercises and hit at least this many sets…there are times when i say - OK , i’m gonna do this but if there’s enough time and energy…i’ll also try and do this, but it’s not the end of the world if i don’t…

by the way, yeah…most people in gyms today don’t really know what they’re doing:)

[quote]tora no’ shi wrote:
DION88 wrote:
when people w/o with a split routine like the ones posted do they go ointo the gym with a plan to do a certain amount of set/reps for each exercises/bodypart? or if it is chest/triceps day does one just w/o until they are fried? I notice that at my gym this is how most people lift.

as far as i go, i always have a clear plan of what i’m doing…i know i’m gonna do at least this many exercises and hit at least this many sets…there are times when i say - OK , i’m gonna do this but if there’s enough time and energy…i’ll also try and do this, but it’s not the end of the world if i don’t…

by the way, yeah…most people in gyms today don’t really know what they’re doing:)[/quote]

why are they so big then? I notice that a lot of the lifters just lift heavy everyday no real plan and still get big.

There is no perfect split routine, so don’t expect to find it from the ‘experts’ here. The best advice I’ve seen in this post was from the guy telling you to prioritize your routine around your weak points.

The main point is to train your body based on your needs. Train your weak points when you are the most fresh in the week. Arrange your routine so you can maximize training efficiency. Space muscle groups out so you’re not training one muscle indirectly one day, and then directly the next.

You can’t expect one routine to work for everyone. Hell, you may find the perfect routine for yourself, but you will eventually outgrow it. Worry less about body part orders and more about realistically addressing yourself to learn your weak spots and what works best for you.

Don’t forget to eat and sleep.

That’s my $0.02.

[quote]Brutus_G wrote:
You kinda missed my point.[/quote]

opps, my bad!

I don’t know shit, but I just started a 5 day split and this is what I do- (legs are my worst bodypart)

Sunday- Quad dominant (light, light deads- heavy squats)

Monday- Back and biceps

Wednesday- Hip dominant (light, light squats, heavy deads)

Friday- Chest and Triceps

Saturday- Shoulders and traps

The way work and school schedules play out this is a way I could come up with where I got legs in twice and got to got to the gym every day I could.

Here is my split. Give it a try and see how it works for you.
Monday shoulders
Tuesday back
Wednesday chest
Thursday legs
Friday arms
This split allows me to concentrate fully on the part that’s being worked. It also allows for a rest for example my tris between shoulders and chest the same for back and arms. Like I said it works great for me and I’m not in the gym all day. I also work abs on tues, thurs, and saturdays. I also do cardio on the weekends.
Like I said it works for me but every body is different. Good luck
Jon

I agree on a body part split you should hit the muscle you want to focus on first.

Right now I’m using this setup;

1. Shoulders Trapezius Tricep
  2. Back Biceps Rear Delt
  3. OFF
  4. Chest / Triceps
  5. Legs
  6. Arms
  7. Off

I find that hitting the legs last in the week helps me not skip leg day, and works better into my schedule. Walking around and working after leg thrashings really arent great for me. With the day off mid week, and the day before chest and arms, I feel like the body parts get fully recovered for hitting them again.

I had some good results with…

1. chest
  2. back
  3. shoulders
  4. arms
  5. legs