Best Bodybuilding DVD

I purchased “One Step Closer” the Jay Cutler DVD about 5 months ago. It was about 6 hours long but he hardly talked. I found it pretty boring and without insight. I have seen some Coleman DVD’s and find them entertaining since he actually speaks and shares some things. Anyone seen any DVD’s that are worth buying?

[quote]crou wrote:
I purchased “One Step Closer” the Jay Cutler DVD about 5 months ago. It was about 6 hours long but he hardly talked. I found it pretty boring and without insight. I have seen some Coleman DVD’s and find them entertaining since he actually speaks and shares some things. Anyone seen any DVD’s that are worth buying?[/quote]

The Titan series with Vic Martinez, Troy Alves, and Dexter Jackson. Cutler doesn’t seem to have much of a personality so it doesn’t surprise me that his video was boring.

Skip La Cour’s most recent 2 DVD set called Packing On Muscle! Max-OT Style is very good.
It does good to show exercise technique as well as many other tips (mental, supplement) which complete the package. And at the end of the 2nd disc is his whole seminar videotapped.

www.skiplacour.com/POM_DVD.htm

His past DVD’s (of which I bought the whole package of all of them) aren’t really the same quality so don’t bother.

Don’t know if it is on DVD but Dorian Yates’ Blood and Guts is a classic and it seemed like his video kind of starting the whole thing with pro BBer’s each wanting to put out their own video. He also has a book of the same title that is worth reading.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
crou wrote:
I purchased “One Step Closer” the Jay Cutler DVD about 5 months ago. It was about 6 hours long but he hardly talked. I found it pretty boring and without insight. I have seen some Coleman DVD’s and find them entertaining since he actually speaks and shares some things. Anyone seen any DVD’s that are worth buying?

The Titan series with Vic Martinez, Troy Alves, and Dexter Jackson. Cutler doesn’t seem to have much of a personality so it doesn’t surprise me that his video was boring. [/quote]
I saw one of Cutler’s…he had the strange habit of not looking the camera in the eye, ever. Which sounds more odd than you think it would…it felt like he was constantly talking to someone sitting directly to my right, then to my left. Like a parakeet looking into a mirror.

I always found Ronnie’s entertaining when he’s training and absolutely ass-dragging in every other part.

How about a video of ordinary folks training like the old “Body for Life” series?

[quote]Professor X wrote:

The Titan series with Vic Martinez, Troy Alves, and Dexter Jackson. Cutler doesn’t seem to have much of a personality so it doesn’t surprise me that his video was boring. [/quote]

Out of these 3 i think I’d be interested most in Jackson. Is it informative at all? Or at least entertaining?

[quote]crou wrote:
Professor X wrote:

The Titan series with Vic Martinez, Troy Alves, and Dexter Jackson. Cutler doesn’t seem to have much of a personality so it doesn’t surprise me that his video was boring.

Out of these 3 i think I’d be interested most in Jackson. Is it informative at all? Or at least entertaining?[/quote]

What kind of info are you expecting? These guys lift weights. You lift heavy weights for years, eat more than a family of four, stay consistent and that’s about it. It isn’t like they are going to mention anything deeper than that on the video so I guess I’m missing what you expect.

I don’t watch Ronnie’s video because I’m looking for workout tips. I watch the tapes for motivation to reach my own goal. Jackson’s is decent. He lifts a good amount of weight and his legs are insane. I didn’t realize how huge they were until I saw that video. He does often seem like he doesn’t like the camera being there because it screws with his concentration.

Martinez’s is the one I like the most because he seems the most comfortable in front of the camera. He doesn’t really lift all that heavy (as in much heavier than I would expect).

I just got Alves’ so I don’t have an opinion on that one yet.