T Nation

Best Bodybuilding Cookbooks?

Anyone has any suggestions so far as bodybuilding cookbooks ? George Spellwin promotes one from some bodybuilding chef : www.elitefitness.com/reports/fitness-cookbook/

What do you guys think ?

There are others out there, but some are likely better than others, but I’m not well-read on this topic, that is, when it comes to separating the wheat from the chaff so far as bodybuilding cookbooks.

Cheers

Gourmet Nutrition by Berardi is fantastic.

Gourmet Nutrition is a’ight… But it’s very strange that so many recipes don’t fit into Berardi’s own dietary advice of not combining carbs with fats! What’s up with that??

Thibs said somewhere in one of his threads either zone or q&a that Berardi is slowly straying away from the P+C P+F thing. for example i think he has a recipe with chickpeas and tons of olive oil and tahini.

[quote]G87 wrote:
Gourmet Nutrition is a’ight… But it’s very strange that so many recipes don’t fit into Berardi’s own dietary advice of not combining carbs with fats! What’s up with that??[/quote]

Berardi is moving away from that.

I have Gourment Nutrition v2, and it has main meals with the 2nd meal option as either normal or PWO when you pair them up. It’s damn good.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]cpcloud wrote:
Thibs said somewhere in one of his threads either zone or q&a that Berardi is slowly straying away from the P+C P+F thing. for example i think he has a recipe with chickpeas and tons of olive oil and tahini.[/quote]

Does anyone know why he’s moving away from the P+C and P+F stuff? I was going to base my whole next year+ of eating around that, so this is kind of a big deal! :slight_smile:

[quote]G87 wrote:
cpcloud wrote:
Thibs said somewhere in one of his threads either zone or q&a that Berardi is slowly straying away from the P+C P+F thing. for example i think he has a recipe with chickpeas and tons of olive oil and tahini.

Does anyone know why he’s moving away from the P+C and P+F stuff? I was going to base my whole next year+ of eating around that, so this is kind of a big deal! :)[/quote]

P+F & P+C partition teaches you how to make wiser food choices at certain times of the day - at least that’s what it taught me. I don’t think there was any proof (?) showing that eating this way had any benefit other than what I’ve mentioned.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
G87 wrote:
cpcloud wrote:

Does anyone know why he’s moving away from the P+C and P+F stuff? I was going to base my whole next year+ of eating around that, so this is kind of a big deal! :slight_smile:

P+F & P+C partition teaches you how to make wiser food choices at certain times of the day - at least that’s what it taught me. I don’t think there was any proof (?) showing that eating this way had any benefit other than what I’ve mentioned.

[/quote]

Thanks for coming through again, RSGZ.

Wow… I’d been instinctively limited carb intake in the evenings for a while, now. However, since I moved to a country with mostly low-tech foods, seperating fats and carbs as per Berardi severely limited my food choices. e.g. I stopped eating meat w/ carbs, because lean cuts are hard to come by.

Hurray! Now I can eat good food again! :slight_smile: Thank god I came across this thread… Time to get Gourmet nutrition!

Ok thanks for the suggestions all. I appreciate your input, since diet is such an important topic.

It seems George Spellwin’s Ebooks aren’t very popular. I do not know the guy at all. I assume there has to be a reason.

Would anyone care to spell it out ? Is it because he’s a known to be a scammer ?

Hey, who the hell is this impostor???

[quote]Chip Duglass wrote:
Hey, who the hell is this impostor???[/quote]

LOL!

I believe he was here first.

Yeah, I noticed this today too that someone else also has a similar nick to mine. I’ve been having this nick for a long long time now hahaha.

Ha, yeah I’m just playin’. It’s nickname for me as well. Not a reference to “The Cable Guy.” Lol

[quote]G87 wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
G87 wrote:
cpcloud wrote:

Thanks for coming through again, RSGZ.

Wow… I’d been instinctively limited carb intake in the evenings for a while, now. However, since I moved to a country with mostly low-tech foods, seperating fats and carbs as per Berardi severely limited my food choices. e.g. I stopped eating meat w/ carbs, because lean cuts are hard to come by.

Hurray! Now I can eat good food again! :slight_smile: Thank god I came across this thread… Time to get Gourmet nutrition![/quote]

also, if you’ve been reading Thibs Q&A he has been telling posters to have a serving of carbs before bed. He mentioned that you would sleep through any resultant carb cravings, refill your glycogen and carbs have a sleep effect

[quote]Chip Duglass wrote:
Ha, yeah I’m just playin’. It’s nickname for me as well. Not a reference to “The Cable Guy.” Lol[/quote]

That cable guy movie was quirky, but funny lol.