Best Bodybuilding Authors on this Website?

[quote]hawaiilifterMike wrote:
I used to read all the articles religiously until many poster pointed out that most of the articles were worthless in terms of increasing muscle size and looking like you lift weights. I gave up reading most articles now and just watch tv.
[/quote]

CLASSIC

If you are talking just “bodybuilding” and not “hypertrophy” for average guys then you really just have CT.

This IS NOT a bodybuilding site, and consequently there aren’t many authors here writing for bodybuilders. The articles on this site are meant for average joes that want to be big, strong, fit, injury free, and use Biotest products.

A better question might be… What is a good site that has bodybuilding authors?

I don’t understand why people like Thibs so much. He strikes me as an overly critical, pompous ass. He rips people up over the tiniest details about their training, yet, he’s been quoted couple times on here saying “hamstrings are a PRIMARY decelerator”. I think he tries to hard to come across as “the man”.

I like Cressey. He’s highly knowledgeable, easy going and stays on target for the desired goals. I do hold it against him that he only came up with one legitimate use of a Smith Machine, but that’s just the inner Thibs in me coming out. Also, he was only 24 when he wrote that article.

The first guys who really stood out to me when I started reading on here were Berardi, and Poliquin. As I spent more time on the site, and got much more serious about my training, Thibs seemed to be not only an extremely experienced lifter himself, but a highly thoughtful, and intelligent coach. Sure, he may expect you to know more than the basics when you ask questions, but I can say without a doubt that I have learned more from him than anyone else on this site. I will also give props to Dr. Clay for his similar walk the walk/talk the talk articles.

S

[quote]dankid wrote:
If you are talking just “bodybuilding” and not “hypertrophy” for average guys then you really just have CT.

This IS NOT a bodybuilding site, and consequently there aren’t many authors here writing for bodybuilders. The articles on this site are meant for average joes that want to be big, strong, fit, injury free, and use Biotest products.

A better question might be… What is a good site that has bodybuilding authors?[/quote]

“Hypertrophy” for average guys = “how to be a weekend warrior or someone who looks very average”. I am still at a loss as to why the act of being average needs so much complexity and theory. It is truly fascinating.

[quote]MODOK wrote:
dankid wrote:

A better question might be… What is a good site that has bodybuilding authors?

This IS a bodybuilding site. All this other shit was thrown in here after the site was a few years old. According to the I, Bodybuilder thread, Tim is going to move the entire site back to where it was originally- a bodybuilding-focused site. It can’t come soon enough in my opinion.

Instead of all these obscure forums with little to do with bodybuilding, there should be forums like “Bulking”, “Pre-Contest”, “Strength”, “New Bodybuilder”, and “Masters”. Nothing wrong with MMA… I watch it for entertainment, but I don’t give a shit how they train, and it doesn’t add anything to the site. If they are going to do that, they should also have a boxing, G-R wrestling forum, etc. Its best to keep it where it belongs- bodybuilding and purely strength sports.[/quote]

…and let me say now…thanks, Tim.

[quote]MODOK wrote:
dankid wrote:
bodybuilding and purely strength sports.[/quote]

You throw a wrench in it when you add “and purely strength sports”. Where do you draw the line? You don’t include combat sports as a strength sport but anyone would have an easy time making the argument. Then other sports come up, football, baseball, etc all can be argued as strength sports. The jumping fanatics on this site would make their case too. Next thing you know, swimmers & bikers are saying don’t forget about us.

I guess if it’s up to Tim’s discretion he’ll be drawing the line where ever he wants. I’m just pointing out that it does get tricky. Like deciding the cut off on who gets invited to your wedding and who doesn’t.

[quote]MODOK wrote:

This IS a bodybuilding site. All this other shit was thrown in here after the site was a few years old. According to the I, Bodybuilder thread, Tim is going to move the entire site back to where it was originally- a bodybuilding-focused site. It can’t come soon enough in my opinion.

Instead of all these obscure forums with little to do with bodybuilding, there should be forums like “Bulking”, “Pre-Contest”, “Strength”, “New Bodybuilder”, and “Masters”. Nothing wrong with MMA… I watch it for entertainment, but I don’t give a shit how they train, and it doesn’t add anything to the site. If they are going to do that, they should also have a boxing, G-R wrestling forum, etc. Its best to keep it where it belongs- bodybuilding and purely strength sports.[/quote]

Yes.

[quote]MODOK wrote:

This IS a bodybuilding site. It can’t come soon enough in my opinion.

x2

[quote]MODOK wrote:
Nothing wrong with MMA… I watch it for entertainment, but I don’t give a shit how they train, and it doesn’t add anything to the site.[/quote]

It’s interesting you should say that. I’ve enjoyed watching MMA for years, but I do find “sport training” articles pointless because everyone I know involved in competitive sports (eg: mma, hockey, skiing, etc…) belongs to a club, team or academy where the team/players follow the S&C programs laid out by their coaches.

Maybe I’m naive, but how many Olympic game hopefuls scour the internet looking for the program that will win them a gold medal? Do you think Georges St.Pierre is googling “MMA lifting routine”?

Forget professionals, most amateur athletes have access to trainers (sometimes even S&C coaches) to give them guidance in all aspects of their sport’s needs. So, to me, it invalidates the need for sport specific training articles.

Of course I suppose it satisfies those who think if they follow and excel at a Navy Seals running routine they “could have been” Seals themselves. Or something like that.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
MODOK wrote:

Instead of all these obscure forums with little to do with bodybuilding, there should be forums like “Bulking”, “Pre-Contest”, “Strength”, “New Bodybuilder”, and “Masters”. Nothing wrong with MMA… I watch it for entertainment, but I don’t give a shit how they train, and it doesn’t add anything to the site. If they are going to do that, they should also have a boxing, G-R wrestling forum, etc. Its best to keep it where it belongs- bodybuilding and purely strength sports.

x2
[/quote]

x3, Perfectly said.

[quote]MODOK wrote:
on edge wrote:
MODOK wrote:
dankid wrote:
bodybuilding and purely strength sports.

You throw a wrench in it when you add “and purely strength sports”. Where do you draw the line? You don’t include combat sports as a strength sport but anyone would have an easy time making the argument. Then other sports come up, football, baseball, etc all can be argued as strength sports. The jumping fanatics on this site would make their case too. Next thing you know, swimmers & bikers are saying don’t forget about us.

I guess if it’s up to Tim’s discretion he’ll be drawing the line where ever he wants. I’m just pointing out that it does get tricky. Like deciding the cut off on who gets invited to your wedding and who doesn’t.

Ok, bodybuilding and powerlifting. But bodybuilding-focused. No oly lifting, no combat sports, no sports-specific training. Just completely about getting as huge, ripped, and strong as possible.[/quote]

I’ll believe it when I see it. Since CT is the only Bodybuilding writer, then he’s going to be very busy being the only writer on board. And you can say what you want about weekend warriors, and average joes but that is where they are making the money here. I highly doubt they are going to just completely ignore a huge part of their client base, to please a copule of guys on the bbing forum whining about the lack of “hardcore” on the site.

[quote]ajweins wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
MODOK wrote:

Instead of all these obscure forums with little to do with bodybuilding, there should be forums like “Bulking”, “Pre-Contest”, “Strength”, “New Bodybuilder”, and “Masters”. Nothing wrong with MMA… I watch it for entertainment, but I don’t give a shit how they train, and it doesn’t add anything to the site. If they are going to do that, they should also have a boxing, G-R wrestling forum, etc. Its best to keep it where it belongs- bodybuilding and purely strength sports.

x2

x3, Perfectly said.[/quote]

x4

Why not have: beginner (all sorts of beginner questions), muscle gain, fat loss, competition prep, strength sports, other sports (all sports other than bb’ing, pl’ing, and o-lifting), off-topic, etc…?

[quote]dankid wrote:
MODOK wrote:
on edge wrote:
MODOK wrote:
dankid wrote:
bodybuilding and purely strength sports.

Ok, bodybuilding and powerlifting. But bodybuilding-focused. No oly lifting, no combat sports, no sports-specific training. Just completely about getting as huge, ripped, and strong as possible.

I’ll believe it when I see it. Since CT is the only Bodybuilding writer, then he’s going to be very busy being the only writer on board. And you can say what you want about weekend warriors, and average joes but that is where they are making the money here. I highly doubt they are going to just completely ignore a huge part of their client base, to please a copule of guys on the bbing forum whining about the lack of “hardcore” on the site.
[/quote]

Aren’t you the “I don’t want to bench press 400lbs” guy?

I’d be cool with all those sub forums if those idiots didn’t constantly chime in on BBing topics with retarded information. But they do so I’ll be happy to see them go.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Aren’t you the “I don’t want to bench press 400lbs” guy?[/quote]

'Tis unfunctional. We have forklifts these days, you know.

Everything I have learned/done from Poliquin on training has given me incredible results…diet, not so much. He’s so anti carbs! I’ve learned a lot from Shelby Starnes and Justin Harris for how to diet like a bodybuilder. Truthfully, I wouldn’t take Thibs advice about diet so much either. It’s often too complicated. Scott Abel is really great too.

i hate the word hypertrophy

do you guys pronounce it as hyper-trophy

or hi-PER-tro-fi

i hate the second pronounciation even worst

if Justin Harris wrote articles for this site…holy shit that would be cool.

that guy comepetes in both Bodybuilding and Powerlifting and excels at both. plus doesnt he have a doctorate or something in nutrition?

either way, that guy knows his shit on every angle of the iron game.

No, he is too interested/occupied with physics to get a phD in nutrition also. I think he stopped posting at Elitefts.com which is kind of sad, but Shelby tries to pick up the slack.