Best Bodybuilding Authors on this Website?

Let me preface my question by saying I realize other great online bodybuilding resources exist and that I shouldn’t neglect speaking with local bodybuilders, but who are the top bodybuilding authors on this site?

Christian Thibaudeau is an obvious pick, but is he the only one?

A lot of the other authors discuss hypertrophy training, but it often seems in the context of sports performance, powerlifting, or rehab.

So which other gems am I missing out on if I lift purely for aesthetics? I’ll never fight MMA or try out for the NFL, so I’m really not concerned with maximizing my vertical or perfecting my Olympic snatch.

Chad Waterbury

Thibaudeau. Period

Definately Christian Thibaudeau. Poliquin is very knowledgeable about hypertrpohy stuff but I don’t think he trains bodybuilders. Read everything by Christian Thibaudeau and everything Professor X, Cephalic_Carnage, and waylanderxx have posted. The Mighty Stu is also very knowledgeable too.

Christian Thibaudeau for the more precise, scientific side of things.

Read stuff From Prof X and CC for more practical application of all of the bodybuilding info that floats around.

I rarely read articles but I occasionally like to see what CT is writing about. He’s the only one that stands out in my mind. I also enjoy TCs Friday articles but those aren’t about training. :slight_smile:

I agree with the above. Read posts on the forum from CT, prof x, cc, modok, fattyfat, tribulus, waylander, I’m sure I’m forgetting some other good ones

He may not be what your looking for but id like to say Eric Cressey is a great author!

“Definately Christian Thibaudeau. Poliquin is very knowledgeable about hypertrpohy stuff but I don’t think he trains bodybuilders. Read everything by Christian Thibaudeau and everything Professor X, Cephalic_Carnage, and waylanderxx have posted. The Mighty Stu is also very knowledgeable too.”

whatttttt?? you have lots to learn my friend

Forgot to add John Berardi’s massive eating and g-flux articles.

Thanks for forum member recommendations; but I’m surprised so few actual TMUSCLE authors were recommended.

In that case I guess Christian really is the man around here when it comes to bodybuilding.

Christian Thibaudeau
John Berardi for nutrition

all those guys don’t know shit…i just post and re-read the shit i’ve written, although the class of 09’ has some interesting insights.

this is a Biotest site, some of the authors are good and some… push products and give you the option to change your program every week, have bells and whistles, use props, etc., shred down get anorexic or bulk up and become a fat pig, both the fat pig and the skinny bastard exist in numbers on this site.

Just read through articles and threads, good insight stands out, conversely you cannot polish a turd. You’re correct certain people who post here have built themselves brick by brick and are very helpful.

I used to read all the articles religiously until many poster pointed out that most of the articles were worthless in terms of increasing muscle size and looking like you lift weights. I gave up reading most articles now and just watch tv.

I have always been a Clay Hyght fan, in addition those previously mentioned.

A rare thread in this forum where I feel I am qualified to actually answer :D.

Tim Henriques, Clay Hyght, Christian Thibaudeau.

A lot of the articles focus minor stuff, but I think the authors I named avoid this as much as possible (that’s probably why the first two have articles that don’t really look so fancy). Favourite bodybuilding article is probably The Shut Up Program- A Simple and Effective Split:

Good article for people who are getting started/want to learn the basics. Might seem boring but it’s easily better than most (probably all) of the more “revolutionary” articles/programs.

Posts from veteran guys like Cephalic_Carnage, ProfessorX, Modok, DH, Tribunaldude, Laroyal, etc. are far more helpful than the articles overall, though. I was reading on these boards a while before I joined, and I still read more than I post since most of their posts cover what someone like me needs to know.

I probably shouldn’t say, both because I work for Biotest and because there are other authors as well that I respect highly who have a consistent track record of writing things I’ve considered important and except from them not generally heard, but for me, as a bodybuilding author far and away Thibaudeau.

Thib is great but just to be different, Dr. Clay Hyght.

I wonder how many people actually read the initial post before replying.

Scott Abel, Dr. John M. Berardi, David J. Barr, Dr. Clay Hyght, Dr. Lonnie Lowery, and of course my personal favourite CT. I don’t disregard any articles based on who wrote them as even though I don’t agree with much of their perspectives, I usually always find some good info contained within. But those ones listed are the ones i listen to the most. Bill Roberts is also very active and informational within threads. There are others who are great authors for injuries rehab/prehab but since this thread is related to hypertrophy I’ll omit them.

Dan John