Best Beginner Diet?

Looking for a good diet. Im 6’2" 240lbs with 27% body fat. would like to get down to 190. any input appreciated

At every meal, eat the following:

a large portion of meat or eggs
a serving of vegetables
a piece of fruit
a carb source IF you’re still hungry

Lift weight and perform conditioning 3/4 days per week EACH.

For dropping fat, Chris’ advice there is sound. Plus drink a LOT of water. 3 litres plus.

One little side note: eat your fruit half an hour or so before your meals, never directly afterwards. You know the Bart Simpson saying “fruit, fruit wonderful fruit - the more you eat the more you toot.” Well this is because fruit is digested much faster, so having it after your meal leads to gas and bloating.

Smash the fruit as a pre-meal snack.

[quote]bcelsor wrote:
Looking for a good diet. Im 6’2" 240lbs with 27% body fat. would like to get down to 190. any input appreciated[/quote]
Dropping that much weight and still ending up looking muscular is going to take the right nutrition and the right training.

What do you have planned, in terms of a workout plan?

As far as eating, Other-Chris laid out a pretty solid general template. Protein-veggie carbs-whole fruit-other stuff.

For some more basic ideas, check these out:
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_nutrition/the_history_of_dieting_and_take_home_lessons
http://www.T-Nation.com/strength-training-topics/1464

[quote]panzerfaust wrote:
Well this is because fruit is digested much faster, so having it after your meal leads to gas and bloating.[/quote]
Say what now?

[quote]panzerfaust wrote:
You know the Bart Simpson saying “fruit, fruit wonderful fruit - the more you eat the more you toot.” [/quote]

From Wiki:

[quote]
Various versions of the song exist. These are some examples of the lyrics:

Beans, beans, the musical fruit
The more you eat, the more you toot
The more you toot, the better you feel
So we have beans at every meal!1

or

Beans, beans, they’re good for your heart
The more you eat, the more you fart
The more you fart, the happier/better you feel
So let’s eat beans with every meal1

or

Beans, beans, they’re good for your heart
The more you eat, the more you fart
The more you fart, the more you eat
The more you sit on the toilet seat

or

Beans, beans, they give you gas
They make you fart, and burn your ass
The more you eat, the more it hurts
So slow down your eating to stop the squirts

Beans, beans, the magical fruit the more you eat the more you toot 1This line can also be replaced with: “So eat them beans at every meal”[/quote]

This thread is really helpful to me. I am practically the same body size as bcelsor and just as much a beginner to dieting. Thanks for the advice Chris

Thank you guys for let me know. Because I don’t have any idea on that. Because I am totally beginner here. :slight_smile: