Best Beer Ever

[quote]Christine wrote:
analog_kid wrote:

(You can’t drink good beer with pizza)

You must be eating shitty pizza then too.

I don’t know where in Wisconsin you are, but if you’re ever driving through Mundelein, Illinois try Bills Pizza & Pub.

Best Pizza Ever.
[/quote]

Everybody knows that New Haven has the best pizza ever. Chicago style pizza is for people who don’t know any better.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Christine wrote:
analog_kid wrote:

I don’t know where in Wisconsin you are, but if you’re ever driving through Mundelein, Illinois try Bills Pizza & Pub.

Best Pizza Ever.

Everybody knows that New Haven has the best pizza ever. Chicago style pizza is for people who don’t know any better.

[/quote]

And I used to like you…

But actually, I don’t care for thick crust either, if that’s what you’re thinking.

Is gennesee cream ale still back east? Good buzz and a pretty good laxitive:)

[quote]Christine wrote:

And I used to like you…

But actually, I don’t care for thick crust either, if that’s what you’re thinking.[/quote]

That’s what I’m talking about.

[quote]Christine wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:
Christine wrote:
analog_kid wrote:

Best Pizza Ever.

And I used to like you…

But actually, I don’t care for thick crust either, if that’s what you’re thinking.[/quote]

I know what the pizza is like in the region you are talking about. It really is the best. There are 7 or 8 pizza places in Rockford that are top notch. It’s nothing like the crap they have here in DC.

I never understood the New Haven thing. When I was a kid I knew a guy who swore that pizza was invented in New Haven and that it was so good there. But it was the same as NY pizza when I tried it.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
Is gennesee cream ale still back east? Good buzz and a pretty good laxitive:)[/quote]

You need to drink the cans for that. And stay close to the toilet. The boys at RPI used to drink it if they wanted a fancy, high class beer instead of Utica Club.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
Christine wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:
Christine wrote:
analog_kid wrote:

Best Pizza Ever.

And I used to like you…

But actually, I don’t care for thick crust either, if that’s what you’re thinking.

I know what the pizza is like in the region you are talking about. It really is the best. There are 7 or 8 pizza places in Rockford that are top notch. It’s nothing like the crap they have here in DC.

I never understood the New Haven thing. When I was a kid I knew a guy who swore that pizza was invented in New Haven and that it was so good there. But it was the same as NY pizza when I tried it.[/quote]

NY Pizza is too greasy. And they cut it in triangles. Weirdos.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:

I never understood the New Haven thing. When I was a kid I knew a guy who swore that pizza was invented in New Haven and that it was so good there. But it was the same as NY pizza when I tried it.[/quote]

Blasphemy. Go down Wooster Street or State Street for the real thing. I think that guy gave you a fugazy.

[quote]Christine wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
Christine wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:
Christine wrote:
analog_kid wrote:

Best Pizza Ever.

And I used to like you…

I never understood the New Haven thing. When I was a kid I knew a guy who swore that pizza was invented in New Haven and that it was so good there. But it was the same as NY pizza when I tried it.

NY Pizza is too greasy. And they cut it in triangles. Weirdos.
[/quote]

Squares all the way!

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
beebuddy wrote:

Blasphemy. Go down Wooster Street or State Street for the real thing. I think that guy gave you a fugazy.
[/quote]

If I ever go back… I knew a kid from a neighborhood that he called the ‘Mudhole.’ That’s all I can think about when I think of New Haven… That and some big suicide rock/cliff thingy.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
Free Beer is the best[/quote]

Can’t argue with that!

The best beers I have had so far are:

Stone IPA (My #1)
Sam Adams Black
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Then there was this beer I had with my grandfather, It was a Danish beer I think… A friend of his gave him a case of it as a gift, I thought it was great but what made it better was the feeling of being old enough to share a beer with the old man.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Christine wrote:
analog_kid wrote:

Best Pizza Ever.

[/quote]

I heard Frank Sinatra used to have people drive to New Haven to get him pizza when he lived in Jersey.

It’s ok pizza. A local joint that won’t ever win any awards, but makes a damn good pie. Sometimes “the best” isn’t the best. Chinese food is the same way, sometimes “slop shop” is the way to go.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:

It’s ok pizza. A local joint that won’t ever win any awards, but makes a damn good pie. Sometimes “the best” isn’t the best. Chinese food is the same way, sometimes “slop shop” is the way to go.

[/quote]

Well, you think it’s okay to drink shitty beer with pizza; therefore, your opinion is of no value.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
jp_dubya wrote:
Free Beer is the best

Can’t argue with that!

The best beers I have had so far are:

Stone IPA (My #1)
Sam Adams Black
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Then there was this beer I had with my grandfather, It was a Danish beer I think… A friend of his gave him a case of it as a gift, I thought it was great but what made it better was the feeling of being old enough to share a beer with the old man.[/quote]

Just about everything by Stone is great. Arrogant Bastard and Ruination are two of my favorites. As far as Pale Ale, I prefer Mirror Pond or Lagunitas to Sierra Nevada. Then again, Chico isn’t too far from here, so we have Sierra Nevada everywhere. It gets old after a while.

I also prefer the best of both worlds, good pizza AND good beer!

Bad Beer:
Shafer
Pilsner Club (puzzle in the bottle cap)
Schmidts
Drank alot of those in college. A buzz is a buzz.

Beer I like: Molson Golden, Easy Steet (New Belgium) any Guiness

[quote]ericbyrnesjr wrote:
ouch, i like coors light. i haven’t had iron city since i just turned 21, but that’s all my dad drank back in college (pittsburgh native).

as for voting off:

PBR. tastes like soap suds.[/quote]

No, sir, you are wrong.

One of the worst beers I’ve ever had is “Fat Cat”. I don’t really care for Grolsch, but that’s just me. Another terrible beer is Keystone Ice, it looks, tastes and smells awful. I can’t drink Sam Adam’s Cherry Wheat because that shit tastes like cough medicine.

Best beer ever? Pearl Light.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
Is gennesee cream ale still back east? Good buzz and a pretty good laxitive:)

You need to drink the cans for that. And stay close to the toilet. The boys at RPI used to drink it if they wanted a fancy, high class beer instead of Utica Club.

[/quote]
I would buy it in cans but My father inlaw had it on tap. it was good and kept you regular as a clock

Blueberry Ale by Blue Point Brewing Company is damn good. And the original micro brewery is only 10 minutes away from me on Long Island, so thats a plus. Nothing better then Long Island pizza with some Long Island beer!

[quote]analog_kid wrote:

I heard Frank Sinatra used to have people drive to New Haven to get him pizza when he lived in Jersey.

[/quote]

That’s what they say. Every pizza joint here has an old black and white picture of the owner standing in front of the brick oven with Old Blue Eyes.

OK. Let’s get back to the beer. I’m getting thirsty.