Best Baking Oil?

I recently read an article on here stating that Canola Oil (rapeseed oil) was not very good for you because of the processing it goes through. Is there a better alternative when you are baking and don’t want an oil like olive or coconut?

Why don’t you want an oil like olive or coconut?

I would like to know this too.

Not sure if you mean for cooking, or just baking exclusively, but I use Macadamia Nut Oil as it has a high smoke point and apparently more monounsaturated fats than EVOO (Which is difficult to cook with due to lower smoke point.)

Ghee is apparently good as well, as in, none of the good stuff denatures (or probably not by much) when its cooked.

Hope this helps.

I disagree with the arguments against expeller-pressed canola oil, which is what I use when I don’t want the flavor of EVOO. Monounsaturated fat molecules are monounsaturated fat molecules.

I read the opinion in the article as well as the article linked, and neither presented any actual EVIDENCE showing negative effects of expeller-pressed canola oil.

For baking I use butter. Nut oils have a pretty high smoke point. They smell awesome to!

[quote]joburnet wrote:
I recently read an article on here stating that Canola Oil (rapeseed oil) was not very good for you because of the processing it goes through. Is there a better alternative when you are baking and don’t want an oil like olive or coconut? [/quote]

Get an oil like coconut or olive, or use lard, the way people used to cook.

http://www.westonaprice.org/knowyourfats/index.html