Best Attack In A Fight

My only streetfight as an adult ended with me grabbing the other guy by the testicles. He became, shall we say, less combative at that point. Jamming my thumb into someone’s eye socket (near the nose, pushing outwards towards the ear) seems like a reasonably effective fall-back option.

I can forget about any kind of strike as a self-defence move since I have to be angry to hit someone, and I’m slow to anger. Other means of maiming people seem ok though for some reason. :slight_smile:

I don’t think it matters what you use (palm, fist, elbow) as long as you effectively hit your target or make the correct strike (nose, throat, jaw, ear, eye, etc.).

jam an elbow into their throat,use ur other hand to stabilize their body, knee to ribcage… release… hook to body (liver shot for the bas rutten fans)… then proceed to stomp on their face.

Kick him in the junk… take his wallet

My god guys, Pragmatist and Xen are the only good posts here. All the rest of that shit, is school yard play time.

Take out the throat, eyes, zyphoid(sp?) or jaw, then collar bone, then elbow, then ribs, then knees, then the guy never attacks anyone again… ever.

If you want to learn what I mean and how to do it, just enlist and make it to elite.

Rolo.

p.s. if the level of engagement I’m speaking of here seems extreme to anyone, then I ask, what the fuck are you doing in a fight unless yours or your loved ones lives are at risk?

[quote]Mastermind wrote:
My god guys, Pragmatist and Xen are the only good posts here. All the rest of that shit, is school yard play time.

Take out the throat, eyes, zyphoid(sp?) or jaw, then collar bone, then elbow, then ribs, then knees, then the guy never attacks anyone again… ever.

If you want to learn what I mean and how to do it, just enlist and make it to elite.

Rolo.

p.s. if the level of engagement I’m speaking of here seems extreme to anyone, then I ask, what the fuck are you doing in a fight unless yours or your loved ones lives are at risk?[/quote]

Or go to one of Tim Larkin’s seminars and learn how to make a lethal attack on anyone who threatens your life.

I was taught . . . eyes, nose strike, nads, or step on their knee, shins. Anything but the John Wayne haymaker to the chin.

Also, get behind them or take them down.

However, in my imagination, I kick them in the gut, and then apply a piledriver, followed by the figure four leglock.

I think unless the guy is distracted or helpless an opening shot to the nads is almost impossible to hit.

A .45 between the eyes is probably best. A double tap is even better.

a headbutt.

simple as. game over, carry on drinking!

Just punch him in the jaw as hard and quick as you can. I’ve seen it work many times.

[quote]Mastermind wrote:

Rolo.

p.s. if the level of engagement I’m speaking of here seems extreme to anyone, then I ask, what the fuck are you doing in a fight unless yours or your loved ones lives are at risk?[/quote]

The level of engagement you are talking about is not a fight, it is combat. That is the no holds barred shit, where you are going to be hurt and alive and he will be dead. Most fights arent like this at all, therefore going for the throat is a bad deal. They call that shit murder.

Thats a good way to think, that nothing is worth it to fight over aside from combat. But I take it you’re not a young cocky fighting type fella. That’s fine, but he asked a question about a streetfight, which I’ve been in enough of them. There’s always a certain line you can’t cross in a streetfight. If you dont know where it is, the cops will be glad to tell you.

Another good opening move is a shot to the solar plexus. Right below the ribcage, it is a nerve center where you can knock the wind out of someone. Otherwise, the kidney or floating ribs are good shots. I did that once, turned a guy around with the left arm under his armpit, and hauled off on his kidneys with the right. Unfortunately, I ran into a crowd of his buddies when he went down, and had to wait for the cavalry to come.

good thread, but there’s some weird damn repsonses. no offense, but i seriously think some of you have never been in a real fight, or have any concept of the law.

if you cause someone serious bodily injury (like taking out an eye or actually breaking some bones), you damn better be (a) in fear of your life and verbalize this, (b), the bad guy better have the means to hurt you (if he’s 5’5" 150lbs and you’re a 6’4" 250 professional boxer this will not work) and (c) the bad guy has threatened you or made threatening gestures. if not, you’re going to jail and probably gonna have a civil suit…

and secondly, throwing some of these techniques out there?? like “i’d use a spinning ninja face smash.” no, you’ll use what you’re trained on, since most people can’t think when they have that adrenal dump. in the vast majority of the street fights i’ve been in, i simply punch them in the face as hard and as fast as i could, usually with a right cross. the scariest thing i’ve seen in fights is when somebody with a black belt tries some complicated technique, gets jammed up and beat up. again, this is why most boxers do well in a fight-they don’t “freeze” or flinch when they get hit, and they’re used to strike a moving target.

i’ve had a guy knee me in the balls, who i promptly picked up by this throat and bounced him off a few walls-so the “nad” shot is not a tried and true technique. if you use it on someone who is an actual fighter, they usually jus tget reall, really mad.

i’ve had a guy do that cool jeet kune do shin stomp on me, too…of course he slipped on some beer as he did it and i ended up kneeing him in the face a couple times.

i’m just saying that some of the techniques thrown out there are not practical for either legal reason, or because many of the users have never used them full speed in training with a real target.

well put cyco.

a strike to the throat, kick/knee to the groin, headbutt to the face. any one of those would give you enough time to do the most important thing…get the hell out of there intact and alive. of course, only as a last resort…walking away is easier and has less consequences.

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:
good thread, but there’s some weird damn repsonses. no offense, but i seriously think some of you have never been in a real fight, or have any concept of the law.

if you cause someone serious bodily injury (like taking out an eye or actually breaking some bones), you damn better be (a) in fear of your life and verbalize this, (b), the bad guy better have the means to hurt you (if he’s 5’5" 150lbs and you’re a 6’4" 250 professional boxer this will not work) and (c) the bad guy has threatened you or made threatening gestures. if not, you’re going to jail and probably gonna have a civil suit…

and secondly, throwing some of these techniques out there?? like “i’d use a spinning ninja face smash.” no, you’ll use what you’re trained on, since most people can’t think when they have that adrenal dump. in the vast majority of the street fights i’ve been in, i simply punch them in the face as hard and as fast as i could, usually with a right cross. the scariest thing i’ve seen in fights is when somebody with a black belt tries some complicated technique, gets jammed up and beat up. again, this is why most boxers do well in a fight-they don’t “freeze” or flinch when they get hit, and they’re used to strike a moving target.

i’ve had a guy knee me in the balls, who i promptly picked up by this throat and bounced him off a few walls-so the “nad” shot is not a tried and true technique. if you use it on someone who is an actual fighter, they usually jus tget reall, really mad.

i’ve had a guy do that cool jeet kune do shin stomp on me, too…of course he slipped on some beer as he did it and i ended up kneeing him in the face a couple times.

i’m just saying that some of the techniques thrown out there are not practical for either legal reason, or because many of the users have never used them full speed in training with a real target.[/quote]

We are making almost the same point, with one exception, my post facetiously implies that being in a street fight is retarded and anyone looking for one is more so. If you are trained to end someone, or cripple them as in my post, then you can almost always handle a street fight by not getting into one. And if you cannot avoid it, you can escalate step by step until it ends, one way or the other.

Rolo.

The best defense is throwing objects that are on or around you. I don’t have the time for BS, so I get crazy and give them what they ask for. Those are my skills and I’m proud of them. No need to get fancy, only a need to act and react quickly. As they say, all’s fair in love and war.

For a mastermind you don’t read very well.

[quote]Mastermind wrote:

Rolo.

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
Sonny S wrote:
Inspired by the Which MA? thread, I thought I’d see what you feel would be the best first strike/s to execute in a fight.

If I could kick accurately, I would certainly go for a leg kick. They are extremely painful, devastating to someone who’s never taken one, unexpected, allow one to stay out of their opponent’s punching range and are safer and simpler to throw than high kicks which require more balance and finesse.

Second choice would be for a combo of eye rakes then a)heel of the palm strikes and b) an elbow.

What exactly is the point of palm strikes? Less range than a punch, and a softer surface. Is there something I’m missing?[/quote]

If you want to see effective palm strikes try and find a video clip of Bas Rutten when he fought in Pancreas.

Headbutt, by far. RLTW

rangertab75